• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » is this site hacked?
is this site hacked?
PrivateMugen

Message # 1 | 5:31 AM
http://mugencharacters.ucoz.com/forum/

i would like to ask if this site got hacked, or it was just suddenly taken down by its owner (which i doubt).

i would like someone to confirm to me why the site suddenly became like this.

please reply

thanks
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 2 | 6:06 AM
PrivateMugen, No it's not. It's stated that it is blocked because they are cheating the counters and has an auto surfing.
PrivateMugen

Message # 3 | 6:11 AM
Quote (YamiTatsuro)
PrivateMugen, No it's not. It's stated that it is blocked because they are cheating the counters and has an auto surfing.

can you explain what does those 2 mean ?
CoffeeCone

Message # 4 | 6:16 AM
Quote (YamiTatsuro)

I'm interested to know that as well, what goes under the category of "Cheating counters, auto surfing"?

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 5 | 7:58 AM
PrivateMugen and CoffeeCone, I think we should wait for some other staffs to answer your question. I'm also not quite sure myself.

Sunny once mentioned that auto surfing and cheating the counters are done by using iFrames. My thoughts are, some famous websites will use their own traffic to increase the traffic of their new website.

For example, I have a website with 500 unique visitors a day, I'll put up an iFrame in it that shows the new website without any visitors, of course it'll also have 500 unique visitors because it will also be reloaded every time. And they'll hide the iFrame by means of CSS. In that way, they can cheat the counters.

Please keep in mind that I'm not sure with this. I've just stated my thoughts. I may be wrong.
Post edited by YamiTatsuro - Friday, 2012-06-22, 7:59 AM
Sunny

Message # 6 | 11:06 AM
YamiTatsuro, you are right. It's cheating with traffic via iframes or other methods, imitating user visits when in fact there are none.

PrivateMugen, as far as I understand you are not the website owner. You can only wait for the website owner to settle this issue with our Abuse Team.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
CoffeeCone

Message # 7 | 11:10 AM
Quote (Sunny)
YamiTatsuro, you are right. It's cheating with traffic via iframes or other methods, imitating user visits when in fact there are none.

But I have a question Sunny, I used to have a .TK domain. An option on the .TK domain is to point the website via iframe. This is considered an easier step for those people who aren't too literate with changine DNS records. So they gave them the option to simply enclose their website into an iframe which will then be accessible via their .TK domain. With this in mind, how will uCoz handle this? Clearly the site will appear to be under an iframe.

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Sunny

Message # 8 | 1:02 PM
CoffeeCone, uCoz will treat it negatively. And it is not desirable to do this in any case, e.g. Google will not index such website. Therefore it is better to change DNS or A records.
N1nYo

Message # 9 | 4:15 PM
Quote (PrivateMugen)
http://mugencharacters.ucoz.com/forum/

i would like to ask if this site got hacked, or it was just suddenly taken down by its owner (which i doubt).

i would like someone to confirm to me why the site suddenly became like this.

please reply

If you are a member of the site tell me your name if possible if not
I wanted to ask that question as well which is mostly the reason i came here.

CoffeeCone

Message # 10 | 4:19 PM
Quote (Sunny)
CoffeeCone, uCoz will treat it negatively. And it is not desirable to do this in any case, e.g. Google will not index such website. Therefore it is better to change DNS or A records.

Well it was intended for DNS illiterate people though. So I was just curious.

mesageinabottle

Message # 11 | 6:24 PM
but the site will be online soon?
Sunny

Message # 12 | 8:11 PM
mesageinabottle, it depends on the site owner and how quickly he will eliminate the violation.
mesageinabottle

Message # 13 | 8:53 PM
ok, i hope this be soon
thanks for the reply
defaultNick2105

Message # 14 | 9:41 PM
I'm the admin of the site. I don't know anything about Cheating counters and auto surfing. Maybe the site has been hacked or sth. I need help to fix it. I'm willing to work with the staff and do everything i can to solve the problem.

This site is one of the oldest ucoz sites. I think i deserved at least a warning before having my site shut off. I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize a site that took me so much time to polulate with thousands of posts and which has a lof of users.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 15 | 11:59 PM
defaultNick2105, please provide a site URL. As to your problem forum staff are not really able to assist with the matter. Your best option is to contact the uCoz Abuse Team regarding the matter explaining the situation in full. Only they have the ability to restore your site.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » is this site hacked?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: