• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Invisible Forum (Is it possible to make an invisible forum?)
Invisible Forum
SummerCatz

Message # 1 | 11:07 AM
I would like to make a forum section for the moderators on my site, but I don't want it to be visible to the normal users. Is this possible? If so, how?

My site is www.fortress.ucoz.com, for you to reference when you attempt to answer. Right now I have a section called "Fortress Forums", I want to make the one for mods underneath "Fortress Forums" and all of it's sub threads. It would be titled "Moderators Forums".

Thanks for any help,
SummerCatz

~ SummerCatz

Please stop by my site, www.fortress.com I would really really appreciate it if you joined! :D
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 12:43 PM
SummerCatz, when editing the forum adjust the settings so that forum entries are only visible to those user groups, if you only want certain groups to be able to add adjust the same necessary permissions. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
SummerCatz

Message # 3 | 10:00 AM
The only setting I saw that relates to this is the first one under the "Forum" tab, and if I disable that, then users won't be able to enter the forum at all. I want them to still be able to enter the forum module, but not be able to see the extra forum section for mods. That way they will never even know about it, rather than just being locked out. (which I don't know how to do for just one forum section) After all, you can't click on enter something that isn't there wink
~ SummerCatz

Please stop by my site, www.fortress.com I would really really appreciate it if you joined! :D
PixelKhaos

Message # 4 | 10:56 AM
SummerCatz, settings for a forum, not section. If no forums in a section are visible, they won't show.
Just follow paradox answer and read carefuly through the list of settings.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
SummerCatz

Message # 5 | 11:02 AM
Thanks so much!
~ SummerCatz

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Forum » Invisible Forum (Is it possible to make an invisible forum?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: