• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Cannot upload files
Cannot upload files
FrEEzE

Message # 1 | 9:20 PM
For the last couple of days, I can't seem to be able to upload files to the file catalog.
I tried several browsers, disabled all protection programs and nothing.
Very long wait, sometimes the loading stops and then I have to refresh and try it again, other times it's just loading forever.

BTW, The bar on the control panel is almost full (like 4/5 of it) - but the file I'm trying to upload is 6mb size.
Sunny

Message # 2 | 9:45 AM
FrEEzE, website address? And what's the name and extension of the file you are trying to upload?
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
FrEEzE

Message # 3 | 7:20 AM
Hi sunny. I ALWAYS forget to add address, but it's in the profile smile
www.gtail.ucoz.com

File name is Merkava IV by Den8660 and it's a rar file.
It doesn't seem to happen because of firewall or anti-virus software, I disabled them to check. neither because of browser - tried several.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 10:50 AM
FrEEzE, files can be uploaded to your website (it takes a certain time but uploading is successful). If the problem still exists, try to upload files using another PC. It is also better to upload relatively large files (more than several Mb) via File Manager or FTP.
FrEEzE

Message # 5 | 10:59 PM
Hi Sunny. Sorry for the late response.
I still can't upload anything.
I don't have another computer... can I add you to our team so you could try and upload something?

Also - it seems that site space is extremely high since I do not have many files on our site...
Sunny

Message # 6 | 11:06 AM
Quote FrEEzE ()
can I add you to our team so you could try and upload something?

Sure. Btw, what about other website members who have the permission to upload? Do they have the same problem?

Quote FrEEzE ()
Also - it seems that site space is extremely high since I do not have many files on our site...

You have 406 entries in your File Catalog. If we assume that each of them is about 1 Mb, then that's already 400 Mb.

FrEEzE

Message # 7 | 10:02 PM
OK Sunny, I have checked with a friend - and it seems that the problem is at my end... nothing you could do smile (what's weird it's just at ucoz).

By the way - I always thought that the files at the file catalog aren't local (i.e. count as my host space) - I once asked about it and been told that the files are on a separate server.
Sunny

Message # 8 | 2:06 PM
Quote FrEEzE ()
I always thought that the files at the file catalog aren't local (i.e. count as my host space) - I once asked about it and been told that the files are on a separate server.

No, they are also counted as your website space.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Cannot upload files
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: