• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Bug/problem with the "choose date of entry" option
Bug/problem with the "choose date of entry" option
wolf

Message # 1 | 1:16 PM
Hi, i hope is the right place to post this. I have found a "problem" when using the option to choose date of entry adding. As you already know, when you enable that option the sistem gives you a new option "Do not display entries dated later than the current date" - using this we can schedule the future posts.

When i use this option, the scheduled posts dont, show on the first page (in the last posts section), dont show in the RSS feed, in the xml sitemap, wich is very normal, like this it cant be found by search spiders neither, so it cant be indexed before the post date. The problem is that those scheduled posts are shown in the "last entryes" informers...

How can i solve this problem? the informers shoud dispay only the posted entryes, not the feature one...

Can it be done by me in the control panel, or is a bug and it has to be solved by technical department?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 1:22 PM
wolf, did you tried to view the page with the informer as a guest? It's possible that the "not-yet posted" entry is visible just for you in the informer. If you can not see the hidden post in the informer, evth is ok. If you see it, here is a bug.

We are waiting for your reply wink

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
wolf

Message # 3 | 1:29 PM
Yes i did and it is visible...this is the problem...the post it is shown in the informer and it redirects to the home page when click on it...but it shoud not be visible there or in any other place for anybody but me as admin...
Sunny

Message # 4 | 1:43 PM
wolf, yes, I can confirm the problem. The issue has been forwarded to the technical team.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
wolf

Message # 5 | 9:09 AM
Thank you for your quick replay. I hope it will be solved soon...

Added (2014-09-20, 3:09 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Hi, checking again today i saw that the future sceduled posts are dispayed in the sitemap.xml too... so those posts can be found by the search engins and indexed, evin if the spiders can't read the content of the page (in this moment those pages are redirecting to the homepage)...wich is very bad....so, wich is the meaning of this function??? sad
Post edited by wolf - Saturday, 2014-09-20, 9:13 AM
Xayaan

Message # 6 | 2:38 PM
wolf, Do you mean that you don't want search engine spiders to index and read the contents of your page?
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
wolf

Message # 7 | 9:48 AM
Quote Xayaan ()
don't want search engine spiders to index and read the contents of your page?

If you read carefully this thread you will understand that is about the "scheduled posts" wich mean posts wich have to be posted in the future (after a couple of hours, days...) - why shoud anybody want the engine spiders to index those pages before the scheduled date? (isn't this the meaning of this function, that those posts cant be found, reded, indexed before the future post date?) , and what content do you want the spiders to read on those pages if until the scheduled date the page only redirects to the homepage?

Any moderator, can you plese tell me if this feature will be fixed soon?
Thanks in advance.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 8 | 12:36 PM
wolf, considering it can take a while for bots to crawl and catalog data this mightn't be too massive a problem. Realistically this is most likely an error which I'll forward for tech to look in to - as to an ETA it depends how busy our technical division is at this time, hopefully it won't be too long. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
wolf

Message # 9 | 2:19 PM
Paradox, thank you for your answer...you are right, it can take a while for bots to crawl and catalog data, but if you have posts scheduled for 10 - 15 days, it is more than shure that the spiders will visit the site...and most of all it is a big problem that those posts show in the last entry informes, becouse like this wisitors can see posts that are not availables yet...i hope it will be soved soon.
Regards
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Bug/problem with the "choose date of entry" option
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: