• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Blog Categories (Choosing multiple post categories)
Blog Categories
MrAdmin

Message # 1 | 12:51 PM
I want to enable selection of multiple categories for my blog entries. How to do that? Help me.................... urgent. cry wacko
Sunny

Message # 2 | 2:11 PM
MrAdmin, the Blog module doesn't have this option.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Garfunkel

Message # 3 | 4:01 PM
I would like to combine blog posts from multiple categories.
Just like the main blog does, but for just 2 categories, not all categories at once.

I tried using informers, but that just shows entry headers, I want the posts to look just like the normal blog.

Is there a way to do this?
Sunny

Message # 4 | 2:47 PM
Garfunkel, I'm afraid I don't completely understand the idea. Can you explain it using some examples?
Garfunkel

Message # 5 | 3:39 PM
Hi Sunny, thanks for getting back to me.

So, on my website I have:
- a main blog, which contains posts from all categories.
- a page for crowdfunding information, which contains only the blog posts in the "crowdfunding" category.
- a page for software experiments, which contains only the posts from the "experiments" category.

What I want is another page that shows posts from the "experiments" and the "crowdfunding" categories.

I wouldn't actually use it for combining experiments and crowdfunding, but for different categories for a game I'm making. It's sort of like subcategories, like:
Main Category (actually shows Sub Categories 1+2): Everything about the game
Sub Category 1: Technical development updates
Sub Category 2: Artwork updates

I know a blog post cannot have more than one category. But since the main blog combines the posts from all categories, it should be relatively easy to combine posts from just 2 categories right?

Is that clear enough? I can try to draw something if you like.
Sunny

Message # 6 | 3:48 PM
Garfunkel, I see what you mean. I'm afraid there are no other system tools for this purpose except for Informers. You can edit the informer template and use the code $MESSAGE$ that will output a part of blog post text.
Garfunkel

Message # 7 | 4:24 PM
Thanks, it sort of works, but that's not really what I need. There are no multiple pages and such.

Can I request this as a new feature?

I intend to become a paying user next month, don't know if that helps..
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 8 | 7:01 AM
Quote Garfunkel ()
Can I request this as a new feature?

You can suggest features for consideration here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-7902-1

Good luck. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Blog Categories (Choosing multiple post categories)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: