• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » E-mail Forms » Help on E-mail Forms module
Help on E-mail Forms module
Kron_old

Message # 1 | 9:40 AM
Question-answer

What should I do to display this service in site menu?
It is displayed automatically after activation. If this didn't happen, then edit Site Menu manually.

After adding custom fields to the e-mail form there appears "Rebuild form template", and so everything, that has been edited in the template, restores to the initial values. What should I do?
Copy all changes to a temporary file, then rebuild form template, and with the help of the temporary file you can change all you want.

Is it possible to create an e-mail form without the required field for e-mail?
Letters come only to the e-mail specified when creating the form. If you do not need sender's e-mail, make this field hidden, and write in its value any address. This can be done when editing form template.
Code
<input type="hidden" name="NAME OF HIDDEN FIELD" value="ANY VALUE">

How can I do the following: at least one of two fields is necessary to be filled in when sending a message? Which field to fill in is up to a sender.
It is not possible. It's better to leave one required field.

I try to add e-mail form to Site Menu, but it "sticks" into page design. How can I fix it?
The code of e-mail form should be put on a page (create a new page if necessary), and then the page address in added to Site Menu.

The field "Reply about successful e-mail sending" contains few characters. How can I increase their number?
You can't. Permitted number is enough.

I'd like a client to receive to his e-mail auto answer, that his request has been received. How can I do this?
You can adjust Autoresponder in mail account. There will be no auto answer from uCoz server.

From time to time e-mail form is not displayed on the page, it is displayed after the page have been refreshed. What is the reason?
Perhaps this is because of your computer or browser settings.

By default there is "--select--" in the drop-down list, but a user can ignore it and the form is sent with incorrect data. How can I "make" the system to check up selection of values?
Set an empty value in the drop-down list, then the system will make a user to select a non-empty value.

At the attempt to use e-mail form the system gives out: "Only registered users can leave messages". How can I fix it?
Guests can also use e-mail forms. You just need to properly set group permissions.

After sending e-mail by means of e-mail form it comes nowhere. How can I fix it?
If a letter has nowhere to come, then it doesn't come. Specify correct e-mail.

Is it possible to do the following: when I select a value in a certain field, some values in another field change?
You should use Javascript.
denasms

Message # 2 | 5:52 AM
Hi, I tried to ask this question on Russian forum but I can not post replies even after registration and email confirmation. What I did wrong? Anyway, let me ask question. I made email form for placing order from customers. It works great but Mozilla Firefox and IE (different versions) do not show informational window ("your message sent"). At the same time messages come to my email. My page with email form:
http://www.denasms.com/index/0-39
Kron_old

Message # 3 | 9:32 AM
denasms, the problem is not with the email form...

Look at that page, I made the default template and the form works normally.

the problem is:

Code
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

this tag tells a browser to use special rules working up HTML code....

if you don't understand the meaning of DOCTYPE tag, so don't use it....

denasms

Message # 4 | 12:17 PM
Hello uCoz Admin. Your help was really amazing. Now it is works!!! THANK YOU.
dzalds

Message # 5 | 12:10 PM
Hi uCoz Admin,

I am planning to create a form wherein members of my site can input data, but i need the information they entered save because i need that for further processing.

Like a survey form for example. Is is possible? If yes, how i can i retrieve the information entered by my members?

Thanks in advance.

Drop down under
Sunny

Message # 6 | 1:39 PM
dzalds, the input data is sent to the e-mail, that you have specified in the settings. Or do you mean an automatic retrieval?
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
defaultNick8129

Message # 7 | 4:38 PM
Isit that this module must be in a new page?

Can I add it in a existing page of mine?
I mean can I call this module by adding a coding in the middle of my existing page code?

I know HTML but when I put in $MFORM_1$ it doesnt work.

please help

Sunny

Message # 8 | 9:20 AM
defaultNick8129, it must work in other pages as well. Where exactly are you trying to paste it?
easysharez

Message # 9 | 10:56 AM
OK, here's my question. I hope this is in the right area.

I made a E-Mail form where people can submit there post and the admins will post things. The Email form I made is labeled $MFORM_3$. How do I post this in a post? Or where do i find the page link for this forum I made?

Thank You
EZ

Post edited by easysharez - Tuesday, 2009-10-06, 12:58 PM
Sunny

Message # 10 | 12:55 PM
easysharez, first of all it is not E-mail FORUM but E-mail FORM.

Quote (easysharez)
The Email forum I made is labeled $MFORM_3$. How do I post this in a post? Or where do i find the page link for this forum I made?

As a rule the code is pasted into the necessary template. If you want to paste the code directly into a forum post, then you can do this by means of the following script:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yoursite.ucoz.com/mail/1/"></script>

In red - ID of an e-mail form, in your case it will be 3.

easysharez

Message # 11 | 12:58 PM
Thank you Sunny, and I also corrected the Forum to Form. Sorry, was fast typing it.

But it worked just fine.
Thank you Again,
EZ

zohair

Message # 12 | 12:42 PM
hello
The user 's of my site have not received messages on their e mail to confirm their enrigistration.
some body can help me
certains de mes contacts n'ont pas reçu l 'email de confirmation de leur e mail
Tommy

Message # 13 | 12:46 PM
zohair, Read this and please search next time http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-2098-1
"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
longjohn

Message # 14 | 5:26 PM
Iam trying to build my site, I sent two emails from the email-form succesfully but now nothing moves ,pse somebody help! what went wrong .my site is elixirfund.ucoz.org
Sunny

Message # 15 | 10:19 AM
longjohn, see the following thread - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/19-26-1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » E-mail Forms » Help on E-mail Forms module
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: