• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » Finding Code
Finding Code
willy

Message # 1 | 11:19 PM
Hey there again... Well I'm working out all of the final kinks and I'm stumped on this one and have search the forums thoroughly with one answer in trash. I am looking to fix an error that validating found. Trying to stay within the guidelines of the forums here I will just ask where this piece of code is located so I can fix it.

Warning Line 14, Column 82: NET-enabling start-tag requires SHORTTAG YES

…="http://s44.ucoz.net/src/layer1.css" /><script type="text/javascript" src="ht…

That line is not showing up on my end when I search the site and manually look. I guess I would be curious if I have access to this or maybe I can input the correct code on that line that shows empty on my end? I know that this forum is not for coding help as we need to learn that on our own but where do I find that code to change it and if I input my own on that line will it override the other code that is showing the error, where ever it is located?

I hope that I have stayed within the bounds of the forum by asking the location and possible problems if I try to overwrite as I do not want to end up in the trash bin like others. My url is http://www.varolo.ucoz.com. Thanks for being patient as I am learning still.

Sunny

Message # 2 | 10:18 AM
Validity is a conventional parameter that can be ignored. Your website works correctly and this is the main thing. You can check the validity of google.com or facebook - they do not pay much attantion to it.

uCoz follows the same way. The developers spend time on useful and important things, such as development of new modules and improvement of the existing.

Validating is a marketing ploy of web studios and web designers who create templates. Templates are their business and therefore they can work on templates for years for them to meet all possible requirements and standards, even the optional ones.

So, you do not need to worry - everything is fine with your website. If you develop a website and do not sell templates, you should pay attention to more important things such as its appearance, quality content and promotion.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
willy

Message # 3 | 7:25 AM
Oh ok, very cool. Thank you so much again Sunny for all of your help. I imagine us noobs sound like idiots sometimes (most times) when we ask questions and have problems and for you and the rest of the team to handle each one of our concerns and problems is awesome. Thank you very much again for the time you and the rest of the community spends helping us rookies! Thank you again and if I can ever do something for you folks just let me know (testing, sitting back and saying ahh, or whatever I can do), I will try my best. Thanks!
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Site Promotion » Finding Code
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: