• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Communication » General Talk » [Help] The New UCOZ (I need help grasping the updated UCOZ system)
[Help] The New UCOZ
Labyrinth

Message # 1 | 2:52 AM
So i used ucoz a while back when you create an account and you login and you create a separate password for the control panel and it takes you into some uid webtop thing and all that. Now im trying to get back into it and i cant figure out how to do anything. I logged into the same account and all the websites i had are gone (which isnt a big deal, they were just promotional stunts) and it takes me to a "creation of a new website" page where you enter the address and a security code and then it takes you that control panel. I get that. great. but later when i go to "UCOZ.COM" and hit login all it takes me to is right back to the creation page. I cant get to an account page or whatever that has the website i named and a profile and list of my sites and what not, idk how to get back to the WEBTOP thing that they used to have (OTHER than going to "uid.com" or whatever it is but i wanna know how all of it is actually linked together and access ALL my stuff)

tl:dr
In a nutshell: I am trying to figure out how to get the most out of ucoz and the new system they have come up with and also figure out whatever im missing

*id also like to know how to create just a blank website from scratch or if you have to use templates*

Thank you all in advance,
Luke

Added (2013-11-25, 8:52 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Post text

Cyberdasm

Message # 2 | 3:03 AM
Labyrinth, the ucoz new feature to enter to your webtop account is uid.me while your website control panel url is yoursite.ucoz.com/admin or yoursite.ucoz.com/panel. you can pick one of those method.

Quote Labyrinth ()
*id also like to know how to create just a blank website from scratch or if you have to use templates*

Actually yes. you can do that. you can also use premium templates if you like. smile

Best regards,

Algae Densing S.
www.lizeal.tk

1F4BF3B
NTP

Message # 3 | 3:13 AM
Or you could enter http://unet.com as the address for the webtop.
Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
Cyberdasm

Message # 4 | 3:40 AM
NTP, the unet has been changed to uid.me.
1F4BF3B
Labyrinth

Message # 5 | 6:28 AM
thanks for the quick replies!

but how is it all linked? it used to be that you pop on ucoz.com or whatever the address was. You login. all of your websites were right there and when you pick what you want to work on it takes you to webtop which is where you access the control panel. I guess what im asking is what is the sequence of working through the potential of the system.

and if you can make a blank site, how would i go about doing that?

Thanks again!
Luke
Cyberdasm

Message # 6 | 10:23 AM
Labyrinth, yes they all actually linked each other. But in ucoz you gonna create a new site. But if you want to view your all site created just use uid.me (control panel of all created website).
Quote Labyrinth ()
and if you can make a blank site, how would i go about doing that?

as you see in creating a new website there you can use ucoz free template design(blank template inside this), premium design ( there are also free on premium design).

1F4BF3B
Sunny

Message # 7 | 2:54 PM
Labyrinth, first of all Webtop is the same as it was several years ago, there weren't any major changes except for the address, which is now http://guid.uid.me/

At the moment you can view the list of all your created websites (of a certain uID account) in your Webtop at http://guid.uid.me/ or in a Control Panel:

When you click "My websites", you will see the list of all websites that belong to the same uID account.

Quote Labyrinth ()
I logged into the same account and all the websites i had are gone

You might have several uID accounts. If you provide some website addresses and your uID account, I will check whether they belog/belonged to this account or not.

Quote Labyrinth ()
*id also like to know how to create just a blank website from scratch or if you have to use templates

You can't create a blank website, you will have to choose a template when creating a website. But then you can replace it completely with your custom template. The best way to do this is via Template Builder.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Labyrinth

Message # 8 | 5:29 AM
thanks everyone!
uCoz Community » Communication » General Talk » [Help] The New UCOZ (I need help grasping the updated UCOZ system)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: