• Page 1 of 3
  • »
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » I need help - If you're good at HTML, Please read
I need help - If you're good at HTML, Please read
CodeResolution

Message # 1 | 5:57 PM
Hey, Im having some problems, I know HTML, but I dont know this code that I need.
Ive searched Google, looked for Tutorials on YouTube and such... And can't find it.

But ive seen lots of poeple on uCoz do this.
How do you put a text over an image please?
Either centured or near the bottom, near the top...ect

Please help. Im sure this seems irrelevant to uCoz but I am needing this for uCoz. biggrin

Here is an image text added on photoshop (cant be highlighted or add links to certain words...): http://i30.tinypic.com/qrls03.png
Here is an image with text added by html (can be highlighted and words can have links...): http://i32.tinypic.com/4reslu.png <---This is what I need

Please help biggrin Il give you +rep

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Armaros

Message # 2 | 6:13 PM
Where you'll use this? If you are thinking about header it's better to put this into table, but it
is possible to make in other ways. Be specific then I'll tell you which is the best way for this.
CodeResolution

Message # 3 | 6:15 PM
Ok Thanks, well I was wanting to use this maybe for the header, but also I need it for news-box's.

I have an image, and I'd like to put news over it biggrin

Kind regards,
Elliott.

Armaros

Message # 4 | 6:17 PM
Can you give me the image? This is an individual project, I'll code it up individual.
Also if you want any specific text colour or effect, say it now, I can set all in code.
CodeResolution

Message # 5 | 6:18 PM
Ok Thanks again,

This is what id like it to look like: http://i25.tinypic.com/105wnkk.png
Here is the image: http://mnetfps.ucoz.com/other/newsbox/crossfirenewsframe2.png

Thanksyou smile

For the text, you can just put "TEXT HERE" or something and I can carry on from there smile

Kind regards,
Elliott.

Post edited by Mistory - Monday, 2009-08-17, 6:25 PM
Armaros

Message # 6 | 6:49 PM
Code
<div style="width:393px;height:205px;background:url('http://mnetfps.ucoz.com/other/newsbox/crossfirenewsframe2.png') no-repeat;padding-top:95;" align="center">
Text Goes Here
</div>

It's easy to modify. Width and Height are for image. Background is the image.
Padding-Top is the space from top. Align center is text align, this time center.

Tommy

Message # 7 | 4:41 AM
Armaros,

I too wanted to ask you this question. I was using Da button factory to create small bars with text. I dont like that, now i use PS to create a bar and wanted to put text on top of that image and make it linkable. So i searched and found a code for this one. Just want to make sure that whether this code is complete or is there any mistake in the code. Could you help me.

Code
<table border="0" background="http://www.familyconn.ucoz.com/Bars/Newbar.png" width=100% height="32">
<tr><td align="center" valign="middle">
<font size="3" face="Georgia"><b>
<a href="http://www.familyconn.ucoz.com/forum/4-5-1" target=""><u><span style="color:#FFFFFF">Wedding Anniversary</span></u></a>-Enter the date here
</b></font>
</td></tr></table>

PS: First i posted this on Design 171, I thought that thread is not the right one to post this question. So i changed the thread.

Attachments: 9467508.png (7.6 Kb)

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
Post edited by Vinothdazzlin - Tuesday, 2009-08-18, 4:43 AM
CodeResolution

Message # 8 | 8:05 AM
Thankyou so much Armaros biggrin
Its worked smile

Is it possible to move the text up allitle though ? Like this: http://i30.tinypic.com/k1z5u1.png

smile I would give you +rep but I think your Reputation is disabled

Kind regards,
Elliott.

Tommy

Message # 9 | 8:13 AM
Mistory,

Code
no-repeat;padding-top:95;"

Did you try reducing the value???? Am not sure mate!!! But change the value and see whether it works...

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
CodeResolution

Message # 10 | 8:27 AM
Quote (Vinothdazzlin)
Did you try reducing the value?

It worked tongue

Thankyou Armaros & Vinothdazzlin

Kind regards,
Elliott.

Post edited by Mistory - Tuesday, 2009-08-18, 8:28 AM
Armaros

Message # 11 | 11:03 AM
Quote (Vinothdazzlin)
I too wanted to ask you this question. I was using Da button factory to create small bars with text. I dont like that, now i use PS to create a bar and wanted to put text on top of that image and make it linkable. So i searched and found a code for this one. Just want to make sure that whether this code is complete or is there any mistake in the code. Could you help me.
The code is fine. As I mentioned in my first post, it was possible to make it in a table.
If you ask my personal view, I would use span for text style instead of font & b tags.

It's not wrong made, it's correct. wink

As for padding, Vinothdazzlin was right. Padding is one of my favourite little things in
HTML. For now you can make bottom padding or top padding, if you'll remove align, you
can make left or right paddings and if you have huge text, you can make 4 side padding
and make it in a nice box. Changing value will give you what you need. Experiment a bit.

Tommy

Message # 12 | 11:34 AM
Armaros,

Quote (Armaros)
The code is fine. As I mentioned in my first post, it was possible to make it in a table.
If you ask my personal view, I would use span for text style instead of font & b tags.

Ahem!!!At last am getting the hang of things... Eventhough it's little am happy that i can understand HTML. wink

Quote (Armaros)
Changing value will give you what you need. Experiment a bit.

As a tester i love to experiment!!! biggrin As you said i'll try the span for text style.

Anyways i like to tell this, Before i come to Ucoz i dont know what is HTML and coding. Now i started learning HTML, CSS and JAVA. Also i like the way you help people. You are making them to learn things(by giving hints) instead of providing them solution of what they ask for.... It's a nice approach.

Armaros

Message # 13 | 12:22 PM
Quote (Vinothdazzlin)
Also i like the way you help people. You are making them to learn things(by giving hints) instead of providing them solution of what they ask for.... It's a nice approach.

You again hit the correct spot of my view. Pretty weird. Exactly, I prefer to show steps than
full code. I get a bit of irritated if people, in Design Customization, doesn't follow my style &
post already fully made code. I understand maybe it's best for user, a specific one, but not
for the mass, because each user have own images or values & same question will be asked
again, which leads me explaining everything in my style. I like to solve everything my way.

People can accept my ways or rebel. There is a little minus for rebels - if they ask questions
which are uCoz non-related I'll most likely not help. I don't think I should waste my time for
people who have caused arguments or broke uCoz ToS. Help with designs actually isn't my
job, uCoz provides made templates & modifying is users job not mine, to tell how to change
banners. I'm actually taking my time to answer those questions which I can simply not to &
tell to learn coding.

This thread is only about coding knowledge, but as it was asked in Users Communication &
is meant for uCoz website, I was glad to answer. Behaviour matters a lot in these threads.

Tommy

Message # 14 | 12:55 PM
Armaros,

Yup!!! I dont know why, may be we have the same wavelength or we are in the same age group, that helps me understand you better. As for as i believe, u know most of the people who come here are of around 19 or less that that. They just want to get a solution instead of searching for what they want. So if you tell them hints they come to a conclusion that you are not helping them (I saw some comments like, He's a bad boy)I just could not resist laughing at them after i see the comment, it's so childish. biggrin You know its funny!!! We can't help that... As u said

I like to solve everything my way.

I too agree with this, i too have my own way and i am proud to be like that. To be frank when i first come to this forum i saw your comments and i saw how people react for that.. I wondered why they treat someone like this when he's trying to help. Also u know, i never like to repeat the same thing again even if it's my job. wink . As i said before age makes difference... If they reach our age they will laugh at what they were doing before. wink

PS: Never judge a person by what others think about him, experience yourself and you will come to know the bright side of him. wink Am i right??

Post edited by Vinothdazzlin - Tuesday, 2009-08-18, 1:03 PM
Armaros

Message # 15 | 8:29 PM
Quote (Vinothdazzlin)
Am i right??
Yes, you are right. There are many people saying things about others. Immature.

Quote (Vinothdazzlin)
I just could not resist laughing at them after i see the comment, it's so childish.
Everyone have different level of understanding. From a side it probably is quite entertaining,
but from my view it's huge "sigh" as I'm responsible for things and it's my job to solve them.

Quote (Vinothdazzlin)
I too agree with this, i too have my own way and i am proud to be like that.
It's easier to follow my own system than each users specific one. In my ways I know
informations location. See my post count? - All that must be listed up by my system.

Understanding comes from experience, not always ages play the role, there
are a lot of young users who are extremely advanced and are bit older who
need few hints to move on. This is uCoz's Support Forum without age limit.

uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » I need help - If you're good at HTML, Please read
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: