uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » General Chat (Regular Discussion Between Users)
General Chat
Dartz

Message # 1 | 0:20 AM
General Chatter

Feel free to discuss any general non-related topics in this thread. From time to time a topic may be set to generate discussion but otherwise please feel free to communicate with our forum community! smile

Please understand however this thread is not a noticeboard for personal announcements and the administration may at times change the discussion topic to keep the thread open for input by all forum users.

• General Discussion

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 736 | 5:57 AM
Sounds good then, I always end up finding things to add to mine eventually. Project being Hoteru? :? Ohh okay, I'm guessing you shot a message to tech about that one then. Do you use 797 on your site?
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 737 | 8:02 AM
This is kinda embarrassing but, no, I didn't send it to the tech support. It's a thread here on the forums, should I provide a link?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 738 | 8:04 AM
13053121k0, ohh okay, not that embarrassing. Someone here can always check it out and pass it on if there is a glitch in the design. If you can I will go round and have a look now. smile

As to the friends feature it is completely possible to use a module other than the blog. I am about to start work on one for Dashboard which will at as part of a profile authorisation system as well. smile

Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 739 | 8:17 AM
Here's the thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-15429-1

I don't know if I made myself clear but, ask me for questions about my problem. biggrin Thanks in advance!

Friend Feature: It is? Oh, I should definitely read a tutorial about the old method and apply it on other module so I can use the friend feature on my website. xD
Post edited by 13053121k0 - Saturday, 2012-04-21, 8:25 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 740 | 8:33 AM
Kk. Will have a look now. smile I'm sure I will be able to decode it either way. tongue

Think so. Working on using the site catalog atm. The original will need a tonne of editing though with codes and some of the stuff can be achieved easier now.

Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 741 | 8:39 AM
Paradox, Do you have an idea on how you will give users the ability to delete friends? I saw this feature on uCozers' site and there are some bugs. Any answer to that?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 742 | 8:57 AM
13053121k0, something I'm going to have to work on. I have entirely customised the $MODER_PANEL$ in modules before so I'm hoping it won't be too tricky to do the same. I'm going to customise a lot of the script anyways to make it look better and present well anyways.

Hmm, it's possible but not easy. I could spend the next week developing this. -_-

Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 743 | 10:08 AM
Another thing to look forward to! biggrin
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 744 | 11:57 AM
13053121k0, finished! Well, I'll run it in BETA for a bit.

Just a general shout-out to everyone but if you would like help developing a working friends module feel free to shoot me a PM regarding it and I'm willing to help out. I have used the base script that was provided originally in EN by uCozers however mine is a little more customised for multiple modules. So whatever you need, just ask. smile

jrv12000

Message # 745 | 10:13 PM
Hello! angry biggrin cool cry dry happy sad smile surprised tongue wacko wink
Jesse Valente
Creator of http://www.funpoles.ucoz.com
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 746 | 10:42 AM
Paradox, I'll definitely check that beta! I'll try figure out how you did it and suggest some ideas if I can. ^^ That's only an "if". :P

Edit: Saw it! No plans of adding some avatars? :O It looks neat and cool. biggrin But seeing two powered by is kinda weird. haha surprised
Post edited by 13053121k0 - Sunday, 2012-04-22, 10:48 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 747 | 11:02 AM
13053121k0, yeah, I'm working on that atm. smile Thanks ^ Rofl, I know. I'm trying to work out what I can do about it.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 748 | 11:14 AM
It won't be illegal to remove it on the iframe right? the powered by? There's always the one on the bottom. why not remove it?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 749 | 11:23 AM
13053121k0, I'm not sure. I'd have to talk to one of the team about it.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 750 | 11:35 AM
Oh I see. I just thought that the checking of websites isn't automated, with that said, they won't notice that it is an iframe of dir. O.O But yeah, we won't know till someone says it's legal. :O
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » General Chat (Regular Discussion Between Users)
Search: