• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Quick Search & Replace doesnt work in CSS Style Sheet?
Quick Search & Replace doesnt work in CSS Style Sheet?
drunkenbird

Message # 1 | 6:11 PM
I'm trying to Replace the Colourcode D14935 with 867928. The Main spot of this Code seems to be in the CSS Style Sheet, a bunch of times. Unfortunaly Quick find & replace dont work for me in this case.

If the Option is realy Disabled for the Css Style Sheet, why is this done? And how i replace the Codes then the best way?

Dartz

Message # 2 | 1:34 PM
drunkenbird, I'm a little confused. Why don't you use F3 or CTRL+F option?
[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
drunkenbird

Message # 3 | 2:11 PM
I have no Problem finding the Colourcode. I just ask, if the Find & Replace option doesn't work for CSS and if this is True, why? And Since i tend to make mistakes at overwriting a lot of same stuff by my self i ask if there isn't a better way.
I'm sorry if this is already told anywhere but i searched for it and found nothing about.
Dartz

Message # 4 | 2:46 PM
You mean Quick Replacement option? If so, you aren't logical.

Quick Replacement is meant to replace same code in several pages.
Style Sheet is only ONE page. There wont be several style sheets &
that's why there is no need for Quick Replacement.

drunkenbird

Message # 5 | 5:53 PM
Quote (Dartz)
only ONE page.

lol biggrin With this words you opened my Mind. I just copied the complete text now into Notepad ++ and Replaced 40x Colourcode D14935. Else i had to replace it one by one Thank you! While i understand now, why its not necessary to Add this Option for only One Site. I still think it could be usefull. One thing i realy like at Ucoz is that you can edit everything online even with a WYSIWYG editor without the need of any Other Programm. So you can work on the Page even if the Computer you're on only got a Browser. So i still think it would be nice if the "Quick Replacement" Option could replace all even if its only on one Site. You think its worth that i make a Suggestion about in proper Form?

Dartz

Message # 6 | 3:25 AM
I wouldn't find suggestion useful. Replacing 6 symbols with other 6 isn't smart idea.
If you don't have experience you might replace something wrong and then it wont
end good. Doing CSS manually guarantees (not much) more proper/correct editing

uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Quick Search & Replace doesnt work in CSS Style Sheet?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: