• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Help with "New Messages" (delete threads from the list)
Help with "New Messages"
JennLuv

Message # 1 | 4:29 PM
I have searched the threads here and have been unable to locate anything similar so..here it goes.

I was wondering if there is a script I can input to remove messages from the "New Messages" list after they are no longer new. I know that the icon will change colours, however, I have approx. 18 pages in the list and even when they are read, they are all still there. I would also need to know just where the code would go if, indeed, possible.

Thank you. This forum has been a great assistance to me and I'm hoping for the same now.

Best regards...
JL.
Post edited by JennLuv - Saturday, 2009-11-28, 4:29 PM
NTP

Message # 2 | 6:02 AM
it is possible to delete from the list. threads? wouldn't that have to do with forum not site design?
Web design and film == my 2 passions.

Genesis Inc. ~ New Horizons, New Beginnings
Post edited by NTP - Sunday, 2009-11-29, 6:04 AM
JennLuv

Message # 3 | 6:30 AM
I'm terribly sorry then if I posted this in the improper section...however, I don't want to delete threads, as I've stated. I simply want to remove old threads from the "New Messages" list once they are read whilst keeping the threads intact. I thought there would be a script to do this as it would be a different value for each member...as he/she reads the thread...it would fall off their list of new messages. Similar to the way IPB or vBulletin handles this. At my forums rate of threads I'll soon have over 100 pages of threads come up in the "news" when only 8 or ten are actually unread and truly new....and that would be somewhat of a design issue.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 2:31 PM
JennLuv, even if it is possible I am afraid we won't be able to help with the script.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Help with "New Messages" (delete threads from the list)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: