• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » SEO Bug Fixes and CAPTCHA in CP Login Form (Update 7-2013)
SEO Bug Fixes and CAPTCHA in CP Login Form
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:21 PM
Today we actually have 2 updates:
1. SEO bug fixes (quite large update);
2. CAPTCHA when logging in to Control Panel (its intelligent behavior).

At the moment the updates are available on the following servers: s1-s20, s47, s58, s104

Users who know the subject well enough have been waiting for the SEO fixes for a long time. In short, these are various system faults due to which duplicate pages appeared in search index. It was possible to get rid of some duplicates with your own hands, and was impossible to remove the other. Anyway, we have collected very different problems, even hypothetical ones, and have fixed all of them.

The bug fixes have affected the following modules:
  • Blog and Site News
  • Ad Board
  • File Catalog
  • Photo Albums
  • Publisher
  • Online Games

301 Redirect for Pages with "/" at the End

When going to a page with the link /blog/test_2/2013-02-25-2/ , there will be a 301 redirect to /blog/test_2/2013-02-25-2.

Error 404 When Opening an Entry Page with Additional Characters in Its URL

An entry has the address /blog/test_2/2013-02-25-2. After editing last characters of the address, the system still opened the entry page. Now pages with incorrect URLs will give error 404.

- /blog/test_2/2013-02-25-a2
- /blog/test_2/2013-02-25-llddr
- /blog/test_2/2013-02-25-fssd2

Before, all these pages opened one and the same page - the entry page with associated comments.

Error 404 in Case of Incorrect Category URL

After changing a category name in SEF URL, the incorrect name will give error 404. E.g. an entry by the address /blog/test_2ff/2013-02-25-2 will give error 404 by the following address: /blog/test_2ff_test_else/2013-02-25-2. Besides, before, if a category was not specified in the URL, the page gave error 301 with the redirect to the URL with the category in it; now it gives error 404.

GET Parameters for Pages

Any GET parameters are allowed for entry pages, they can be transferred in the following form:

/blog/test_2/2013-02-25-2?my_param1=a&my_param2=b

/blog/test_2/2013-02-25-2/?my_param1=a&my_param2=b

In the last variant there will be no 301 redirect without a slash, it is simply ignored.

Date in Entry URL

For the modules which contain a year, a month, a day in URL, these parameters (year, month, day) are ignored and work as they used to work before, since it is the real entry date. If a user changes the date, the entry will disappear (error 404).
That's the list of the SEO fixes as of today. We are also currently working on the SEO module which will definitely make many users happy, especially the experienced ones.

CAPTCHA in Control Panel Login Form

One more minor update that is also the fix of the fault that has existed for quite a long time - a captcha in the Control Panel login form (yoursite/admin).

Of course, it is not the most pleasant experience to enter a captcha each time you want to log in to your website's Control Panel, and it also consumes your valuable time. On the other hand, the captcha saves those, who have simple passwords, from hacking by means of password searching. Therefore we can't just get rid of the captcha completely.
But we've finally done what we had to do to make your life easier smile Now the captcha is not displayed till a
wrong password is entered twice. This way you don’t need to waste time, and the security level has remained, in fact, unchanged.

That's it for today. New updates are coming very soon.
Attachments: 4275703.png (5.3 Kb)

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
bodbreed

Message # 2 | 9:32 PM
Nice
PKGamerX

Message # 3 | 9:43 PM
Hmm... Very good updates... I wanna see #2 update (CAPTCHA) for my server... wink
dense

Message # 4 | 3:47 AM
thanks for the update. I really appreciated it and thanks for all who fix it.
http://algaedensing.ucoz.com
khen

Message # 5 | 5:12 AM
WOW! Thanks uCoz team. You are really working hard! cool
TasEsmuEs

Message # 6 | 7:48 AM
Very good, thanx wink
PKGamerX

Message # 7 | 1:47 PM
Hmm... Now this updated on my server as well! Thanks! cool
No more Security Codes! tongue
minhquy888pham

Message # 8 | 9:11 AM
hi admin,

My Website is : http://kenhtruyen.com

i can't access control panel

Error: Login to Control Panel
Incorrect security code

but it is not the most pleasant experience to enter a captcha
Sunny

Message # 9 | 11:15 AM
minhquy888pham, try to clear cookies and cache files, or try to use another browser.
minhquy888pham

Message # 10 | 3:47 AM
i deleted cookie, cache, and all
I had try to use another browse ( chrome, inetnet wxplore, firefox)

But
I can't log in control panel admin
http://kenhtruyen.com/admin
Login to Control Panel
Incorrect security code
My website ;
kenhtruyen.dmon.com

I think this is a error of server dmon ( ucoz )
i hope Support of ucoz or dmon help me fix it as soon as.
Thank so much

Added (2013-07-17, 9:47 PM)
---------------------------------------------
sad

I need log in control panel !
Support of ucoz or dmon help me fix error as soon as.
Please

Sunny

Message # 11 | 9:58 AM
minhquy888pham, please check now, must be ok.
Vorpal

Message # 12 | 7:57 PM
Looking with interest for the future seo module.
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » SEO Bug Fixes and CAPTCHA in CP Login Form (Update 7-2013)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: