Today we want to announce about the launch of the module for automatic posting of information, published on uCoz websites, into social networks. For now posting works only for two modules: Site News and Blog. Social Media Publisher will be free and very handy for posting into social media, therefore we hope that the site owners with active social media communities will like it.
The update is available on all servers.
Why do you need it?
The main benefit for the site owners is increased comfort when working with social media. The system will send news automatically to the connected social networks, and the administrators won’t need to do it manually.
How does it work?
1. First of all you need to enable the module in the Control Panel of your website:
2. After you have activated the module, you need to connect your social media accounts to your website:
The connecting process is quite simple and most accounts will only require for you to be logged in to the necessary social network, so that you don’t have to re-enter your social account username and password. Your profile will be found automatically.
Then you can proceed to adding entries be posted in social media.
3. After you have added an entry to your website, you can follow the status of its publishing to social media. To do this go to "Statuses of reposts":
Automatic posting of entries is done once per 20 minutes. There is a countdown above the entry list that shows time left till the next automatic posting to social media. You can also publish any entry manually and don’t wait for its turn.
As you can see the module is easy to work with, but there are some details that you should also know:
- at the moment the following social media are available for posting: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Tumblr;
- posting is possible both to groups and public pages: you will be able to select from all pages or groups where are an administrator or have the permissions to post;
- only one social group can be selected per one module (at this moment there are two of them - Site News and Blog) for posting (in other words it is not possible to publish entries to several groups at once - only one group per one social network);
- if you have some social network connected to your website, but you don’t want to publish a certain entry to this network, you don’t need to disconnect it in Control Panel; just click the icon of this social network to make it inactive (black & white):
- repeated posting is not possible; if your post was successfully published, the icon of manual posting will become inactive:
- at the moment there is a problem connecting Facebook accounts to websites with custom domains - we are working on the solution.
If you have any questions, feel free to post them below.
There is also another update just round the corner!
There is a new and useful update to Social Media Publisher: now the robot gathers posts for publishing more often (not once per 20 minutes, but once per 5 minutes) and in greater numbers, which allows to avoid publishing queues on the servers.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.