uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Release of A New Module - Social Media Publisher
Release of A New Module - Social Media Publisher
Sunny

Message # 1 | 3:08 PM

Today we want to announce about the launch of the module for automatic posting of information, published on uCoz websites, into social networks. For now posting works only for two modules: Site News and Blog. Social Media Publisher will be free and very handy for posting into social media, therefore we hope that the site owners with active social media communities will like it.

The update is available on all servers.

Why do you need it?

The main benefit for the site owners is increased comfort when working with social media. The system will send news automatically to the connected social networks, and the administrators won’t need to do it manually.

How does it work?

1. First of all you need to enable the module in the Control Panel of your website:

2. After you have activated the module, you need to connect your social media accounts to your website:

The connecting process is quite simple and most accounts will only require for you to be logged in to the necessary social network, so that you don’t have to re-enter your social account username and password. Your profile will be found automatically.

Then you can proceed to adding entries be posted in social media.

3. After you have added an entry to your website, you can follow the status of its publishing to social media. To do this go to "Statuses of reposts":

Automatic posting of entries is done once per 20 minutes. There is a countdown above the entry list that shows time left till the next automatic posting to social media. You can also publish any entry manually and don’t wait for its turn.

Additional info

As you can see the module is easy to work with, but there are some details that you should also know:
  • at the moment the following social media are available for posting: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Tumblr;
  • posting is possible both to groups and public pages: you will be able to select from all pages or groups where are an administrator or have the permissions to post;
  • only one social group can be selected per one module (at this moment there are two of them - Site News and Blog) for posting (in other words it is not possible to publish entries to several groups at once - only one group per one social network);
  • if you have some social network connected to your website, but you don’t want to publish a certain entry to this network, you don’t need to disconnect it in Control Panel; just click the icon of this social network to make it inactive (black & white):

• repeated posting is not possible; if your post was successfully published, the icon of manual posting will become inactive:

• at the moment there is a problem connecting Facebook accounts to websites with custom domains - we are working on the solution.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them below.
There is also another update just round the corner!

UPD. 02/10/2013

There is a new and useful update to Social Media Publisher: now the robot gathers posts for publishing more often (not once per 20 minutes, but once per 5 minutes) and in greater numbers, which allows to avoid publishing queues on the servers.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
bodbreed

Message # 2 | 7:28 AM
Wow this is huge. Probably the best update yet. Can't wait until it's available on my server.
Neuro

Message # 3 | 4:51 PM
Cool. The only thing is... I have a custom domain name... angry
So I have to wait for the solution... keep it up guys!
Good

Message # 4 | 12:19 PM
Great updates.
Attachments: 4377335.jpg (38.6 Kb)
Post edited by Good - Friday, 2013-08-16, 12:19 PM
Cyberdasm

Message # 5 | 1:11 PM
wow very nice update. thanx

Added (2013-08-16, 7:11 AM)
---------------------------------------------
i dont see a Facebook link? in my setting. i only have twitter, tumbler, and linkedIN.

1F4BF3B
bodbreed

Message # 6 | 6:58 PM
dense0293,
Quote (dense0293)
i dont see a Facebook link? in my setting. i only have twitter, tumbler, and linkedIN.

Quote (Sunny)
at the moment there is a problem connecting Facebook accounts to websites with custom domains - we are working on the solution.
MetalMassacre

Message # 7 | 7:57 AM
Yeah, nice update, but same problem as others, I don´t see connect option for Facebook. I just see Twitter, Linked In and Tumblr and I don´t have a custom domain sad
Post edited by MetalMassacre - Saturday, 2013-08-17, 7:58 AM
MitzZa1349

Message # 8 | 9:10 AM
Very nice update

Do you have any date of when the module will be available for File Catalog and Photo Albums ?? months or weeks...

Message # 9 | 11:51 AM
¡Excellent upgrade! When can be used to load files? or the other modules
Webmaster and Graphic Design - Sports Website
Elexy

Message # 10 | 2:18 AM
Quote (1500)
¡Excellent upgrade! When can be used to load files? or the other modules

^ Please answer this question also, I am interested in knowing.

Also, the Facebook option doesn't show for me on my Zeatrex site.

Proud Ucoz Member Since 2013
Warning: Do not trust Zayaan Ibrahim with projects, he will scam you by overpricing!
♥ http://rawtrex.com/ ♥
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 11 | 5:35 AM
Quote (Sunny)
at the moment there is a problem connecting Facebook accounts to websites with custom domains - we are working on the solution.

Elexy, our techs are still working on this problem. I'm not sure on when this module will be expanded to include updates from other modules myself, Sunny will hopefully have a reply when she's on later.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 12 | 10:50 AM
Yes, there are currently some problems with Facebook (it's blocking our applications). As soon as we solve the problem, it will be available.

As for other module - it will depend on how much cross-posting is used in the two current modules. If it is popular and in demand, we will add it to other modules.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Elexy

Message # 13 | 1:37 AM
Quote (Sunny)
As for other module - it will depend on how much cross-posting is used in the two current modules. If it is popular and in demand, we will add it to other modules.

I personally believe that the "Games" section over all other modules should be the 1st working one instead of the News and Blog sections. I think the Gaming Sections will be having far more uploads then that of the news and blog. In fact, it is best to make the updater update on the social medias the Publisher/Catalog and Gaming sections of the site instead of the News and Blog. Don't know why you guys selected News and Blog over the better and more commonly used modules...

Warning: Do not trust Zayaan Ibrahim with projects, he will scam you by overpricing!
PixelKhaos

Message # 14 | 3:20 AM
Elexy, Games is not the most commonly used module.
The fact that social posting is for news or updates about various things, makes it obvious that the two modules used for that would be the first ones with this feature. News are to be posted through news, so to speak.

Sure, browser games sites may used that module more often than other, but majority of all uCoz sites do use news, blog or both to a greater extent than the games module.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Elexy

Message # 15 | 5:27 AM
Quote (Elexy)
Publisher/Catalog and Gaming

^ Those are the ones I mean people use the most.

uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Release of A New Module - Social Media Publisher
Search: