• Page 1 of 7
  • »
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:39 PM

We've been preparing the changes in our pricing and plans for several months, and today we are ready to announce them.

Starting from September (approximately September 22) we introduce new prices and add new options to the packages, such as:

• additional storage in the plans;
  • a minimum package for "light" websites;
  • a business package for the owners of online shops;
  • increased security (basic and premium antiviruses);
  • automatic backups;
  • free premium templates.

We've always been the most inexpensive website builder, and if we take into account the features uCoz offers — the most functional as well. And we still want to keep the title, so the prices remain affordable.

We understand that many of our premium users have already purchased the existing packages or were counting on the existing prices.
We will continue to provide all purchased services for their original prices. Besides, the current plans can still be acquired until the new plans have been introduced. Afterwards only the new plans and prices will be available.

Want to switch to the new plans?
The previously purchased plans can be cancelled at any time — you will have the funds returned to your website’s account and will be able to select and buy a new plan.

We gave a lot of thought to the new plans before introducing them, but it is likely that we will continue to fine-tune them, adjusting and extending more options for the premium users into the future.

Our goal is to make the plans clear and useful; to remove the options most users don't need from the plans, and make them available for purchase as separate services. That can be done only through active communication with the users, so we will be very glad to receive your comments and suggestions.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Urs

Message # 2 | 2:39 PM
Observations :
1. You now have to pay 100% more for the basic package in order to remove ads completely. ( 6$ instead of 3$ )
2. You need to pay now 10$ instead of 5.49$ in order to use shop module.
3. The old premium+ with php goes from 13$ to 16$. Or 11$ to 16$.
4. The copyright removal starts with the new 10$ package instead of the old 9$ package. The new 8$ package having Copyright "can be removed" how? buy paying extra ? While the 10$ and 16$ packages you can chose whether to remove it or not ? Who would keep it ? Confusing...

What to do if you have already paid for any services?

If you have already paid forward some services, we, of course, will render them to you at the old prices. Nothing to pay extra or do not have to count!

And you can buy the old packages in advance?

All current rates can be paid at the old prices until 7th September inclusive. After this date, you can select only the new tariffs and options.

What to do if you want to go to the new rates without waiting for action already paid.

Sponsored by 7 September packages can be canceled and a refund on the front of the account from which you can immediately pay for the new packages.

Questions.
1. If i buy the old premium package 9$ now for 5 years what will i get after 8 September ? The 10$ shop package ?

2. What if i pay for the old Premium + 13$ for 5 years what will i get after 8 September ? The 16$ maximum package ?

3. What about Business ($5.49), Advanced ($6.49), and Developer ($10.99) ? Into what new packages will they change ?

For example :

a) Will Business will also turn into shop or will it turn into basic and thus disable the shop module that was present in the Business package ?

b) Will Developer also turn into Maximum ?

c) Will Advance also turn into Shop ?

Thank you.
Hoping for sincere answers for every question.

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Post edited by Urs - Saturday, 2014-08-30, 1:59 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 3 | 2:40 PM
Quote Urs ()
1. If i buy the old premium package 9$ now for 5 years what will i get after 8 September ? The 10$ shop package ?

The original format of the services paid for will be facilitated in full. The new packages will not override existing payments - they will simply (from September 8th onwards) render the old packages unable to be purchased.

So for example, if you purchase the existing Basic package for 3 months, the services as outlined within this package will be facilitated for the 3 month period of which you have purchased them for, however, you will be unable to renew or extend this exact same package past September 8.

As to your other concerns I have notified a member of the team with more knowledge on the new pricing structures who will reply as soon as they can to allay any concerns you may have. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Urs

Message # 4 | 2:40 PM
Quote Paradox ()

As to your other concerns I have notified a member of the team with more knowledge on the new pricing structures who will reply as soon as they can to allay any concerns you may have.

Thank you. It's Raver most likely. Waiting for him.

Quote Paradox ()
Urs, this announcement has not yet been made to the English community. It is perhaps best next time to wait until we have finalised our cross-community announcements before interpreting translated information from the RU community.

Maybe after so many negative comments found on the official Russian site a change will be made. uCoz themselves said that they will think over and it is most likely that a modification will occur before final implementation.

Quote Paradox ()
The original format of the services paid for will be facilitated in full. The new packages will not override existing payments - they will simply (from September 8th onwards) render the old packages unable to be purchased.

So for example, if you purchase the existing Basic package for 3 months, the services as outlined within this package will be facilitated for the 3 month period of which you have purchased them for, however, you will be unable to renew or extend this exact same package past September 8.

So, new stuff like seo module, 1 free premium template, antivirus etc. will not be added to the existing users that have old packages.

Thassos Island Portal :
Raver

Message # 5 | 2:40 PM
Urs, thanks again for your feed-back. As mentioned previously we will try our best to come with a Paid Package revamp till the end of 2014, and the change has arrived (even though it's a preliminary one)!

The changes undertaken touch more points, as following:

1. In the last 8 years there hasn't been a change in our premium package tarrifs, even though we had inflation fluctuations, especially in the Emerging Markets where uCoz operates
2. Outside the adjustments new options will be added to the users' purchased packages
3. If you choose to purchase any of the Paid Packages now for any period of time, nothing will change after the 8th of September, unless you decide to cancel the purchased one (in which case the money will be returned to your account) and you'll be able to purchase one of the new packages.

Concerning your questions:

2. What if i pay for the old Premium + 13$ for 5 years what will i get after 8 September ? The 16$ maximum package ?

3. What about Business ($5.49), Advanced ($6.49), and Developer ($10.99) ? Into what new packages will they change ?

For example :

a) Will Business will also turn into shop or will it turn into basic and thus disable the shop module that was present in the Business package ?

b) Will Developer also turn into Maximum ?

c) Will Advance also turn into Shop ?

1. Like Paradox said, te new packages will not override the existing purchased ones. But, If you choose to buy the Shop package after the 8th of September, you will get extra disk space, compared with the Premium Package (+10 GB then and +2.5 GB now), access to Premium Templates (not possible until now), Advanced Antivirus protection when uploading files, Access to 5 Premium Images from Fotolia for your website, automatic backups for your website, up to 3 times a week, etc. Nothing will change if you purchase any package before the 8th of September.
2. No override, like said.
3. Basically Business and Advanced will merge, new options will be added and the name will be the Shop package. In case of the Developer pacakge, the same added benefits strategy will be applied (extra disk space, antivirus protection, Fotolia images, Premium templates, etc) and it will be transformed into the Maximal package.

a, b, c - like said before, if you purchased any of the packages before, nothing will change in your plan. More details about the new packages and a few answers regarding you can find here: http://tariffs.ucoz.com/

There is he possibility to operate slight modifications before the full implementation so, please feel free to give us your feed-back! Thanks again
don2019

Message # 6 | 3:26 PM
I want to know about moveing a website over to this one
Sunny

Message # 7 | 7:51 AM
don2019, please provide more details. Do you want to switch to one of the new plans?
rys3r

Message # 8 | 4:46 PM
Basically all prices will rise and the compensation is more amount of disk space.

There is any chance to have cheap individual plans/options just to remove ads on the websites and the possibility to have local database users. To me they are the two most important features of paid plans.

I think that most people don't need 1gb of storage for their websites. For uCoz websites the features are more important than space.
Davor24

Message # 9 | 8:44 PM
I like the new plans because i now pay for developer package 10.99$ and i have no use at all from limited php, E-shop, ads removal etc i pay it just for extra space and i will get that for less money.

My only objection to the new packages is FTP file upload size, even in old package it was 460 Mb which is ridiculously small and now you set it to 135 Mb? That is real problem for a long time because not all of us have small sites on uCoz, for example full backup for one of my sites is (at current state) around 2700 Mb and growing, of course just to be sure every time i make backup file i download it to my PC just in case of full server crash or successful hack attack and that has no point if i can't upload that files back to server.

My friend have that case 1-2 years ago when he could not upload backup around 1.5Gb large and he manage to restore only part of his site.

Is it possible to introduce a separate service to upload unlimited file size using FTP client like on every other hosting?

Just to mention i know that uCoz is unique and have no desire to be like everyone else but webmaster must have some way to restore backup of their files because to store backup directly on server is not 100% secure so most of serious sites owner make and download regular backup for their sites.

I see that you have introduce auto backup in new packages so i would like to know how will you (and when) make auto backup and can we users decide when backups can be made (for example every Sunday)? Also will auto backup files be stored in our users CP of the site or on separate server not related to our CP (in case someone hack in CP will that backup up be safe)? smile
Post edited by Davor24 - Tuesday, 2014-09-02, 8:46 PM
$Administrator$

Message # 10 | 9:28 PM
Will my domain stay the same if I paid for a 12 month basic pack? I have a custom domain...
Gaming Input

We are currently looking for developers/moderators to help with the website's overall progression. Please go here to sign up: http://www.gaming-input.com/index/staff_member_sign_up/0-74
RampantEpsilon

Message # 11 | 10:57 PM
I have only one question. I've seen where the paid services will be changing and honestly from a webmaster standpoint they look good. Obviously things like Davor24 said about backups is a problem, but they still look good.

However, I was wondering if this will have any impact on the users that have free websites out?

I know I utilize the system not only for one site I'm in charge of (and have had to move 3 times due to companies changing/discontinuing their free service) but also as a testing ground for new features on other sites I'm doing. I would hate to see this go away personally, but from a business standpoint I could understand where this would come from.

|
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 12 | 6:47 AM
RampantEpsilon, there are going to be no changes to the available free services, features, and options. This is only a change in our pricing and paid plan structure. In fact very soon our free users (in addition to our premium users) will have even more new features as our Technical division begin to release the end of year updates. smile

$Administrator$, your domain is actually a separate provision from your hosting. If you've paid for 12 months and received a discount/free code it will still remain active for use at domains.ucoz.com. I'm not aware as to the bonus' that will now be in place, however, for the new package structure.

rys3r, the prices would have had to have risen to compensate for the global inflation at some stage in the near future either way so the new pricing structure isn't anything too unexpected. As to your question I believe the selection of separate services are still going to be available as part of the new structure - so certainly. Local users would be available by purchasing the "Minimal" plan for the shortest time frame and activating the feature via the CP (so the same way as we have been previously).

Davor24, I unfortunately don't have the knowledge on the new functionality to offer you a good response - Sunny will be on soon and able to address your concerns. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Urs

Message # 13 | 9:40 AM
Global Inflation Eased Again in July
http://online.wsj.com/article....9652259

From 2006 to 2014 (8 years) USA dollar cumulative rate of inflation was only 18.6%.
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Thassos Island Portal :
Vorpal

Message # 14 | 10:40 AM
Quote Urs ()
Observations :
1. You now have to pay 100% more for the basic package in order to remove ads completely. ( 6$ instead of 3$ )
2. You need to pay now 10$ instead of 5.49$ in order to use shop module.
3. The old premium+ with php goes from 13$ to 16$. Or 11$ to 16$.
4. The copyright removal starts with the new 10$ package instead of the old 9$ package. The new 8$ package having Copyright "can be removed" how? buy paying extra ? While the 10$ and 16$ packages you can chose whether to remove it or not ? Who would keep it ? Confusing...

Basically :
1. The basic package become double in price. (2x)
2. The shop module (old business package) become double in price. (2x)
3. Now the first two packages give nothing and i mean nothing at all back to the user : http://tariffs.ucoz.com/ (minimal and basic)
4. Optimal package does not explain what does it mean uCoz's Copyright- > can be removed (how ? as a separate package?)
5. All new extra added stuff bring nothing of true value to the owners or users. Just marketing.
Sunny

Message # 15 | 11:31 AM
Quote rys3r ()
There is any chance to have cheap individual plans/options just to remove ads on the websites and the possibility to have local database users. To me they are the two most important features of paid plans.

At this point it is planned that the separate service of the ad banner removal won't be available, as well as other separate services except for E-shop and PHP. The banner is removed starting from the Basic plan. Local users are available in all packages, including the Minimal plan.

Quote Davor24 ()
That is real problem for a long time because not all of us have small sites on uCoz, for example full backup for one of my sites is (at current state) around 2700 Mb and growing, of course just to be sure every time i make backup file i download it to my PC just in case of full server crash or successful hack attack and that has no point if i can't upload that files back to server.

This isn't really a problem because in case you have a large backup that cannot be uploaded via FTP you should contact the Support Team and we will help you upload the backup to your website.

Quote Davor24 ()
I see that you have introduce auto backup in new packages so i would like to know how will you (and when) make auto backup and can we users decide when backups can be made (for example every Sunday)? Also will auto backup files be stored in our users CP of the site or on separate server not related to our CP (in case someone hack in CP will that backup up be safe)?

The final details haven't been approved yet, but most probably you won't be able to choose when backups will be created, and the copies won't be included into your site's storage (i.e. the place backup copies occupy won't be counted).

Quote $Administrator$ ()
Will my domain stay the same if I paid for a 12 month basic pack? I have a custom domain...

Your domain will be okay in any case smile Once you've registered it, the domain belongs to you. I assume you received a domain as a gift after you purchased the package?

Quote RampantEpsilon ()
However, I was wondering if this will have any impact on the users that have free websites out?

No, the new pricing policy does not impact free packages, all free features remain as they are.

Quote Urs ()
Global Inflation Eased Again in July
http://online.wsj.com/article....9652259

From 2006 to 2014 (8 years) USA dollar cumulative rate of inflation was only 18.6%.
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

When we speak about the new prices, we take into account not only the inflation rate. We haven't changed the prices since the launch of uCoz, and it's no secret that prices for a lot of things has increased since then (servers, maintenance, salary and so on). Besides, we've included a number of additional services into the packages.

Quote Vorpal ()
Basically :
1. The basic package become double in price. (2x)
2. The shop module (old business package) become double in price. (2x)
3. Now the first two packages give nothing and i mean nothing at all back to the user : http://tariffs.ucoz.com/ (minimal and basic)
4. Optimal package does not explain what does it mean uCoz's Copyright- > can be removed (how ? as a separate package?)
5. All new extra added stuff bring nothing of true value to the owners or users. Just marketing.

The shop module can be purchased as an additional option to any of the plans, e.g. the Basic one. Its separate cost remains the same - $1.99. The uCoz copyright in the Optimal package is removed, no additional fees are required.

Users are different, websites are different, and their needs are different as well. Some users will need the features, some won't use them, it's really impossible to create a universal plan that will suit everyone's needs. We took into account the statistics data when composing the new plans.
All your comments are important to us. We are monitoring them, we will analyze the statistics data after the launch, and will make a decision whether we should make changes to the plans.

And please remember that all current plans are available for purchase till September 7.

uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search: