• Page 7 of 7
  • «
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:39 PM

We've been preparing the changes in our pricing and plans for several months, and today we are ready to announce them.

Starting from September (approximately September 22) we introduce new prices and add new options to the packages, such as:

• additional storage in the plans;
  • a minimum package for "light" websites;
  • a business package for the owners of online shops;
  • increased security (basic and premium antiviruses);
  • automatic backups;
  • free premium templates.

We've always been the most inexpensive website builder, and if we take into account the features uCoz offers — the most functional as well. And we still want to keep the title, so the prices remain affordable.

We understand that many of our premium users have already purchased the existing packages or were counting on the existing prices.
We will continue to provide all purchased services for their original prices. Besides, the current plans can still be acquired until the new plans have been introduced. Afterwards only the new plans and prices will be available.

Want to switch to the new plans?
The previously purchased plans can be cancelled at any time — you will have the funds returned to your website’s account and will be able to select and buy a new plan.

We gave a lot of thought to the new plans before introducing them, but it is likely that we will continue to fine-tune them, adjusting and extending more options for the premium users into the future.

Our goal is to make the plans clear and useful; to remove the options most users don't need from the plans, and make them available for purchase as separate services. That can be done only through active communication with the users, so we will be very glad to receive your comments and suggestions.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Urs

Message # 91 | 3:31 PM
Quote Sunny ()
The additional options are Removal of ads in CP ($1/mo), E-shop ($3.99/mo), PHP ($1.99/mo), Removal of the copyright ($4.99/month). And their availability will depend on the chosen plan, e.g. the Maximal plan includes all of them, so no additional options will be available, while all of them will be available in the Minimal and Basic plans.

Wasn't the E-shop as a separate service $1.99/mo ?

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Sunny

Message # 92 | 3:34 PM
Urs, yes, it was. Now it costs $3.99 as a separate option.
Urs

Message # 93 | 1:14 PM
Quote Sunny ()

The mobile version basically means that you get a responsive template from ucoztemplates.com, and it's up to you whether you will use it or not (in case you already have a responsive template on your website).

Mobile version : When requesting technical support, you will be given a mobile template for PDA-version of your site.

How is this different from : "Premium template - free when paying for 12 months and more" ? Do you get two in case you buy for 12 months ? Is there a 3 day limit ? Can the code be used for Russian and English template sites or you must chose the CP language and there is no interchange.

"Every client who has paid its new website on uWeb within three days from the date of registration, we give premium template. You can choose any template from provided for your fare, after which we will install it on your site for free."

So you will get 1 time any of the mobile templates from ucoztemplates.com no matter for how many months you buy ?
And if you buy for 12 months you will get 1 time another template from ucoztemplates.com ?

Do you chose in both cases which one you want to take ?

Added (2015-01-07, 1:14 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Quote Sunny ()
Quote Urs ()
2. If someone buys Optimal, Shop or Maximal packages now, will they get the pro version of the SEO module when it is released ?

The final version of the EN module version is still to be approved, so I'm unable to answer this question at the moment.

Yes but look, if i buy for two years the 10$ shop package for example will i not receive the SEO PRO module when they finally decide to release it for EN ? (it would be totally unfair not to include it just because i bought the package before, and the russian community got it on optimal maximal and shop)

Thassos Island Portal :
Post edited by Urs - Wednesday, 2015-01-07, 1:40 PM
Sunny

Message # 94 | 3:08 PM
Quote Urs ()
Mobile version : When requesting technical support, you will be given a mobile template for PDA-version of your site.

How is this different from : "Premium template - free when paying for 12 months and more" ? Do you get two in case you buy for 12 months ? Is there a 3 day limit ? Can the code be used for Russian and English template sites or you must chose the CP language and there is no interchange.

I was a bit wrong in my previous answer.
Premium Template: you get a responsive template (one template) from ucoztemplates.com if you buy Optimal or Shop for 12 months, or Maximal for 6 months.
Mobile Template: you get a mobile template for the PDA site version if you buy Optimal, Maximal or Shop for any period.
What 3-day limit do you mean?
At the moment you get templates upon a request to the Support Team, not with a code.

Quote Urs ()
website on uWeb

The quote is about uWeb, not uCoz.

Quote Urs ()
So you will get 1 time any of the mobile templates from ucoztemplates.com no matter for how many months you buy ?
And if you buy for 12 months you will get 1 time another template from ucoztemplates.com ?

Do you chose in both cases which one you want to take ?

That's right.
You can only choose a template from ucoztemplates.com, the mobile template cannot be chosen.

Quote Urs ()
Yes but look, if i buy for two years the 10$ shop package for example will i not receive the SEO PRO module when they finally decide to release it for EN ? (it would be totally unfair not to include it just because i bought the package before, and the russian community got it on optimal maximal and shop)

It is possible there will be one module version in EN (no division into free and pro).

Urs

Message # 95 | 5:27 PM
Very well Sunny.

I have bought The "Shop" paid package for 2 full years ( 24 months ). I can always buy as a separate service the PHP as i gradually learn it or need it.

The "Shop" paid package includes.

Remove Ad Banner ------------ Yes - Part of the package
Subscription fee for E-shop -- Yes - Part of the package
Increase disk space ---------- +10000 Mb - Part of the package
Attachment of files ----------- Yes - Part of the package
Hide counter option ------ ----- Yes - Part of the package
Remove uCoz copyrights ----- Yes - Part of the package
SEO Module --------------------- Yes - Part of the package
Disable advertisement in the Control Panel - Yes - Part of the package

Yes, ideally it would be to make the SEO pro as the default one because the pro version offers the ability to set titles and meta descriptions to pages and other stuff and those are a vital requirement to all webmasters.

As it stands now The "Shop" paid package clearly shows [after payment is done] the SEO Module as something extra in the list. But no division would be better.

Now, as stated here : http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/46-14188-1 i can get a custom domain .com .net .org. The question is when i need to renew it can i chose to renew it on uCoz for let's say 10 years ? Or should i renew it with an official registrar like gandi.net or namecheap.com ? (this would mean transferring it to them and this has no cost as far as i know)

Also you mentioned that Method 2 of attaching the domain [putting the domain on uCoz servers] is best so i don't have to worry about servers of the registrar changing their IP.

Now, before the first year expires if i renew the domain using an official registrar the domain will transfer to their servers and from there i have to chose to attach it again ? Or can i renew it with them and the domain stays on uCoz servers ?

What if for example uCoz goes out of business, what will happen with the domain if it is stuck on uCoz servers via method 2 and there is no way to renew it or transfer it ?

Thank you for clearing all these issues. And yes my mistake about uWeb 3 days.

Maybe on this FAQ : http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/46-14188-1 you can add some more details.

Is there still a Google AdWords bonus ? How does it work ? Do you have to buy something from Google to receive it or it is like something you can use straight away ?

"5 images or discount on Fotolia" is this still granted ? How to you get in possession of this ?

Is this Mobile Template PDA a standard one for everyone, or it is strictly linked to your current design ? When it detects a tablet or smartphone it will replace the current design i use right ? Wouldn't a responsive template do the same ? In what case would you prefer a PDA mobile template vs a responsive template ? Do i have to request for it via technical support ? Should i use the "Message category : Paid support" and ask them to do it for me or to give me the code i need to replace ? How does it work ?

Should i change my template first with a responsive one and then ask them to update the mobile PDA ? Can this mobile PDA be done only 1 time in case it is dependent on current design ?

Should i use the "Message category : Paid support" and ask them to give me a specific template from http://ucoztemplates.com/ or http://utemplate.pro/ ? Will they give me the final version to download it and install it myself or will they install it for me [in this case i won't be able to get the source code of the template and rebuild it in template builder] ? Is there a time limit after which i can no longer ask for this 1 template ?

Thank you.

Thassos Island Portal :
Post edited by Urs - Thursday, 2015-01-08, 5:34 PM
Sunny

Message # 96 | 4:15 PM
Quote Urs ()
Now, as stated here : http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/46-14188-1 i can get a custom domain .com .net .org. The question is when i need to renew it can i chose to renew it on uCoz for let's say 10 years ? Or should i renew it with an official registrar like gandi.net or namecheap.com ? (this would mean transferring it to them and this has no cost as far as i know)

I'll reply to your questions, but please ask further questions about domain attachment in the following thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/54-435-1

When you get a gift domain, you register it with uCoz. Then, if you wish, you can transfer it to another domain registrar. And you renew the domain at your current registrar's (uCoz or another registrar if the domain is transferred). The transfer is free, that's right. As for the renew period, it depends on the domain zone. E.g. in uCoz for a .com zone the max period is 9 years.

Quote Urs ()
Now, before the first year expires if i renew the domain using an official registrar the domain will transfer to their servers and from there i have to chose to attach it again ? Or can i renew it with them and the domain stays on uCoz servers ?

I'm not 100% sure but when you change the domain registrar you probably need to set the uCoz name servers in the new domain control panel once again. The domain itself will remain attached to your uCoz website, but if I'm right it won't be accessible till you re-apply the name servers.

Quote Urs ()
What if for example uCoz goes out of business, what will happen with the domain if it is stuck on uCoz servers via method 2 and there is no way to renew it or transfer it ?

uCoz isn't planning to go out of business, but even if it happens at some point, it won't happen in one day and of course all possible will be done to preserve the websites/domains. Besides, name servers are set at the registrar's end, so if the domain is at another registrar's, you can change the uCoz servers at any time, no matter what happens to your uCoz website.

Quote Urs ()
Is there still a Google AdWords bonus ? How does it work ? Do you have to buy something from Google to receive it or it is like something you can use straight away ?

No, there isn't.

Quote Urs ()
Is this Mobile Template PDA a standard one for everyone, or it is strictly linked to your current design ? When it detects a tablet or smartphone it will replace the current design i use right ? Wouldn't a responsive template do the same ? In what case would you prefer a PDA mobile template vs a responsive template ? Do i have to request for it via technical support ? Should i use the "Message category : Paid support" and ask them to do it for me or to give me the code i need to replace ? How does it work ?

It is a standard one for all designs. You should request it from tech. support (the category doesn't really matter). And it's up to you to decide whether you want separate PDA templates or you will just use the responsive template. You can activate the PDA templates, see how it looks, and then decide whether you want to leave them or not.

The Fotolia promo code should be also requested from the support.

Quote Urs ()
Should i use the "Message category : Paid support" and ask them to give me a specific template from http://ucoztemplates.com/ or http://utemplate.pro/ ? Will they give me the final version to download it and install it myself or will they install it for me [in this case i won't be able to get the source code of the template and rebuild it in template builder] ? Is there a time limit after which i can no longer ask for this 1 template ?

Yes, you need to contact tech. support to get a template (choose one and send the link), by default it is a template from ucoztemplates.com, but if you want a template from utemplate.pro, I think it is possible. And you will get just the template (an archive file with the installation guide inside). Template installation is a separate service: http://ucoztemplates.com/shop/159/desc/template-installation
There is no limit as such, but it is recommended to do this within a couple of months.

Urs

Message # 97 | 8:41 PM
OK, i will ask about domain attachment stuff in the topic you asked, if i have any questions regarding that in the future.

One last thing is on my mind. The templates on both http://ucoztemplates.com/ & http://utemplate.pro/ get updated quite frequently (including bug fixes, adding e-shop design that was not previously there, adjusting design elements with problems, adding different functions).

My question is : if i get the one free template from the technical team, how will i be able to request an updated version of that same template considering i got the template as a gift and so i can't contact the original designer and ask for an updated version.

Normally everyone who bought a template can ask the owner for an updated copy.

If i will ask the technical team for an updated version will they be able to provide one ?

Thank you again for your time. smile

Thassos Island Portal :
Post edited by Urs - Monday, 2015-01-12, 8:42 PM
Sunny

Message # 98 | 2:33 PM
Quote Urs ()
My question is : if i get the one free template from the technical team, how will i be able to request an updated version of that same template considering i got the template as a gift and so i can't contact the original designer and ask for an updated version.

You will definitely be able to get the updated version. You can contact the template store support team directly, and they will help.

uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » Changes in the Pricing Policy: New Possibilities and Plans
  • Page 7 of 7
  • «
Search: