uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Deletion of a website
Deletion of a website
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:01 AM
REMOVAL OF A WEBSITE

A website can be deleted via its Control Panel (yoursite.ucoz.com/admin). Removal of a website means complete deletion of your site together with all entries and files. After you have deleted a website you won't be able to log in to the Control Panel with the current username and password.

1. Before you delete a website make sure that you don't need the content. Log in to the website's Control Panel, then go to the top bar > Security > Website removal.

2. Enter the password and the answer to the secret question into the form that will appear.

3. If you have made a mistake in the password or the secret answer the system won't allow you to remove your website.

After you have deleted the website you will be automatically redirected to the uCoz home page - http://www.ucoz.com/

• We do not recommend you to delete the website if something went wrong in the process. It is possible to clear all changes made in the website design through Control Panel > Settings > Common settings > Select design. It is possible to clear the content of the modules by deinstalling/installing a module.

• In case you forgot the answer to the secret question, go to Control Panel > Settings > Common settings. Tick the option "The website is temporarily down". The website will be closed for visitors and will be deleted in 40 days for inactivity.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
aposperittis

Message # 2 | 10:01 AM
if i do that i loose all my sites or only the specific one? For example i have 3 site and i want delete the 2.
Blazinkaos

Message # 3 | 10:01 AM
I cant locate where to remove my site after follow all this for the control panel.
By our rules - max height is 60px
Armaros

Message # 4 | 10:01 AM
aposperittis, you wont lose all sites. To delete website, login in the websites control panel
and remove the account. It wont affect other websites because it's not their Control Panel.
Unique

Message # 5 | 10:01 AM
Blazinkaos, did you read the first post of Sunny ?
Blazinkaos

Message # 6 | 10:01 AM
Oh nvm i found it at the bottom there. Thanks.
By our rules - max height is 60px
Chaze007

Message # 7 | 10:02 AM
Hello,

I recently deleted a website I had my domain used on, but then I deleted it.
Now I want to use the same domain, but it won't let me get it back and I can't go to the old website to remove it...

I want my domain back, any suggestions? ):

benjapakee

Message # 8 | 10:02 AM
.......thanks but I can't find it where I delete a website

If I login I get to the Webtop interface and there are only to icons:

Create a website and My websites

Please forgive me if I'm being stupid but still give me a hand here.

Thanks again.......

Sunny

Message # 9 | 10:02 AM
Chaze007, if a website is removed, the attached domain is detached automatically, therefore you must be able to use your domain.
Armaros

Message # 10 | 10:02 AM
benjapakee, not in the uNet. In your websites control panel option of
account removal will be located. As for uNet profiles, you can't delete it.
benjapakee

Message # 11 | 10:02 AM
.......by now I deleted the account in the control panel and can't login anymore.

Still I can login to the uNet webtop and there the site I want to delete together with the domain is still listed.

How can I get this entry deleted?

Thanks for all your feedback.......

Armaros

Message # 12 | 10:02 AM
Quote (benjapakee)
.......by now I deleted the account in the control panel and can't login anymore.
If you deleted account then it's obvious that login wont work.

Quote (benjapakee)
Still I can login to the uNet webtop and there the site I want to delete together with the domain is still listed.
If you removed account via CP, it's only matter of time for uNet to show.

Quote (benjapakee)
How can I get this entry deleted?
I assume by waiting.
benjapakee

Message # 13 | 10:02 AM
.......thanks a lot.

The entry in the webtob already disappeared, it was just a matter of time.

Is it correct that I could create a new project from the webtop again or do I have to signup again to do so?

Thanks a lot and sorry for my impatience and stupidity.......

Sunny

Message # 14 | 10:03 AM
benjapakee, sure you may create a new website via the same Webtop. You can create there as many sites as you can manage.
itseeker

Message # 15 | 10:03 AM
i have created 2 website on my UNET account.

1st website is working fine.

but i want to remove my 2nd website without effecting the 1st one.

Please help me.

uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Deletion of a website
Search: