• Page 10 of 10
  • «
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Unable To Access Sites (Provider: Comcast)
Unable To Access Sites
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 136 | 2:08 AM
Quote (STaTiCShoX)
Paradox, who may I speak to in order to have my site switched to a different server where this won't be an issue?

I don't believe there would be any technical limitations that would prevent this. I have been a Premium subscriber for some time now, don't see why I've not earned my keep

Unfortunately we do not issue transfers unless under extremely specific circumstance. Due to the nature of this issue I don't believe we will be able to meet those. Premium/Free users are both affected by these occurrences, as are the general public as well. This is an issue Comcast need to resolve at their end, unfortunately there is little more we can do to resolve these issues from our end, we are doing our best to meet the requirements Comcast have so that the server is not blocked. I will forward your request along, however, I am unsure of the outcome.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
STaTiCShoX

Message # 137 | 8:20 PM
I do appreciate it.

Thank you.

Added (2013-09-07, 2:20 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Would potential payment for said sever switch be an option?

I don't mean to be rude with you, but as a paying customer it's extremely frustrating trying to run a business/organization when your website gets blocked.

From my understanding Comcast blocks websites because of phishing and scamming, but instead of blocking specific websites they block whole IP Ranges. I agree that Comcast is silly for handling it this way, but it also sounds like a uCoz problem of poor policing these phishing/scamming websites as well.

I mean no offense, just trying to have a constructive discussion to help resolve this.

Sunny

Message # 138 | 3:01 PM
Quote (STaTiCShoX)
it's extremely frustrating trying to run a business/organization when your website gets blocked.

It's not your website that is being blocked, your website loads perfectly fine for most users. But I understand your point, and we've suggested to Comcast more efficient ways of handling such situations. But we are still where we are.

As far as I understand the server is still blocked, right? We will forward new requests to Comcast concerning the issue. I'm afraid we have to deny the transfer of the website to another server. But we are doing all possible from our side to solve the problem and avoid similar problems in future.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
bijayapaudel

Message # 139 | 5:28 PM
Dear support team,
My website [url=http://bijaya.do.am][/url] is still down and not opening in any browser.

My trace result is like this...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Dell>tracetcp s30.bijaya.do.am:80
InetAddress::hostToAddr - Invalid Error Code

C:\Users\Dell>tracetcp bijaya.do.am
InetAddress::hostToAddr - Invalid Error Code

Your answer will be highly appreciated.
Forgive me if I have committed any mistakes.

Visit my website to have video chat with more than 1000 strangers online.
www.bijaya.do.am
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 140 | 7:56 AM
bijayapaudel, from what I am aware there have been no outages on your server. I am also unaware of the nature of the error you are presented with. I will forward this onto our technical division for further analysis.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 141 | 11:33 AM
bijayapaudel, the correct command in your case will be tracetcp s30.ucoz.net:80 - please provide the results of the correct command.
nightmare67

Message # 142 | 11:29 PM
http://pspanime.org/
Server 26

Tracing route to pspanime.org [195.216.243.26]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 2 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.1
2 12 ms 11 ms 13 ms 96.120.14.1
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.

I'm aware of the Comcast issue however this site was working fine before using this ISP.
Sunny

Message # 143 | 8:36 AM
nightmare67, the website is available online. At the moment you are the only one with such problem on server s26. It is possible that Comcast is blocking the server, but it is also possible that the problem is in your network settings. Please contact Comcast and ask them to clarify the issue.
nightmare67

Message # 144 | 11:06 AM
I'm sure Comcast is blocking the server. If I use for example TOR, VPN or proxy I'm able to connect fine. I contacted Comcast and they stated blocking this server due to a phishing site hosted on this ucoz server. My friend also a Comcast user can't connect. I'm able to connect to other ucoz hosted sites on different servers.
Sunny

Message # 145 | 3:54 PM
nightmare67, we will contact them concerning the issue. Did they mention the URL of the phishing website?
nightmare67

Message # 146 | 1:50 PM
Sadly they did not specify the URL. thanks again for the help. I'm forced to use this slow vpn in the meantime.
Augustas

Message # 147 | 2:08 PM
[DELETED]
Post edited by Augustas - Friday, 2014-06-06, 6:52 PM
Sunny

Message # 148 | 3:20 PM
Augustas, server s104, where your website is hosted, is under a DDoS attack and is inaccessible from some network segments.
Augustas

Message # 149 | 4:42 PM
It's OK now,thanks. smile
Post edited by Augustas - Friday, 2014-06-06, 6:51 PM
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Unable To Access Sites (Provider: Comcast)
  • Page 10 of 10
  • «
Search: