uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Secret question and secret answer
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:28 PM
Secret question is an important part of website security. Password changing, changing of security levels, deinstallation of modules - all this is possible only if you know the answer to the secret question. That's why don't rely on your memory and save answers on paper or in files protected by passwords.

The answer to the secret question can be changed in Webtop ( at guid.uid.me) -> U -> Setting -> Profile settings -> Security, but only if you know the current answer.

If you forgot the answer to the secret question contact Technical Support via your Control Panel ("Help" tab) and provide proofs that the website is yours.

Or use the following form if you do not have access to your Control Panel: http://www.ucoz.com/contact/

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 136 | 3:22 PM
ghu, when did you send the request to the techs? I guess you need to wait a bit. I cannot help you with the answer.
ghu

Message # 137 | 3:31 PM
i waited for 10 15 minutes

Added (2011-12-29, 9:31 AM)
---------------------------------------------
and dear please tell me that what is the full mean of PM which i can send you

Sunny

Message # 138 | 3:36 PM
ghu, techs receive tons of requests, they cannot reply so fast. The answer is usually given within 1-2 days.

Quote (ghu)
and dear please tell me that what is the full mean of PM which i can send you

That signature is not relevant any more, I have already changed it.

ghu

Message # 139 | 3:46 PM
ok dear but please tell me that

where the reply of my question will be publish
Sunny

Message # 140 | 4:00 PM
ghu, if you sent the request via Control Panel -> Help, then you will see the answer there as well. If you sent it via the Contact Us form at uCoz.com you will receive the answer to your email.
ghu

Message # 141 | 3:57 PM
my secret question is answered but this is incorrect

Added (2011-12-30, 1:04 AM)
please tell me that

what catagoryi should i select
and
what subject and message should i type

my all quetions's replay answers are "removed"

Added (2011-12-30, 1:06 AM)
sorry dear answers are "removed"

Added (2011-12-30, 9:57 AM)
please dear answer this i can not do any more
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 142 | 2:35 AM
ghu, this is ridiculous. Please read the forum rules before posting. Firstly sharing your passwords, usernames & secret question answers is strictly advised against and can lessen the security of your account. Secondly spamming the same message again and again in a thread irritates users and is not going to get your question answered any quicker.

As to your question forum staff are not really able to assist with this matter. If you have already sent a message to Technical Support regarding this matter they generally reply within 1-3 days of receiving the message. If they have repled already read the entire contents of the message and if needed reply appropriately.

Good luck. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
ghu

Message # 143 | 9:35 AM
paradox i ragistered a site but i not configured it

can i delete it without configuration?

and if my site is not using by me than after how many time it will be automaticaly delete?

i have many ragistred site but not using it so these sites are useless junk for me
and this is only purpose for delete my sites and asking the answer of secret question

so please tell me how many times after automaticaly sites deletes

and tell all ways/reasons of site deletion

Added (2011-12-31, 1:10 AM)
and where is the reply option to technical support exists

it is not visible for me

Added (2012-01-03, 3:35 AM)
very very thank you
my answer given me
thank you dears

but at last i want to tell you that please support your costemers by email instantly.
this function will more improve ucoz
shadychiri

Message # 144 | 9:33 AM
does that mean one should not share passwords with the technical staff
Sunny

Message # 145 | 10:38 AM
shadychiri, do you mean uCoz tech. staff? They can ask for passwords only in several cases, and it's safe to let uCoz staff know them. Of course it refers to official means of communication, like the Contact Us form and the Help tab in CP (the latter is most preferable in case of security issues). You should never post passwords on the forum.
fauzan12

Message # 146 | 12:37 PM
remember your pass forever....
Avon

Message # 147 | 9:50 AM
I tried to uninstall a category and put the kinds of names and I do not remember exactly what I put in security question can someone help me how to reset the webtop is not working either.

tell me me how should I do to recover my secret question and I tried (I forgot my password) and still does not work it asks the secret question wacko

I would like an answer as quickly as you can.

Thank you very much

cry
Post edited by Avon - Wednesday, 2013-03-06, 9:53 AM
Sunny

Message # 148 | 10:09 AM
Avon, as I've already replied in your other thread, you need to contact the technical support - via the contact form at uCoz.com or via your website Control Panel -> Help. We can't help you here.
Vorpal

Message # 149 | 2:36 PM
Let's say you want to give your secret password to someone else because they will become the new admin of the site.

He/she (the new admin) should use the existing secret question and change it, so only the new admin will know it.

Is it possible for a site owner to transfer the secret question of a site to someone else, without sending the secret question of his own account ? ( or transfer the whole site to a new account ? )

Or the only option is to give the whole account to the new admin ?
Post edited by Vorpal - Friday, 2013-06-28, 2:37 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 150 | 3:08 PM
Vorpal, you can transfer sites to a new admin. That removes any ownership you have over the site from yourself and leaves it with them. As long as the new admin has a uID account of course. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Secret question and secret answer
Search: