uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » Users can't vote (vote per user, no vote button)
Users can't vote
beauty

Message # 1 | 6:56 PM
I have web polls on my site, but nobody can vote...why??? When i posted them i voted once myself - my answer appeared on the top. When other users tried to do the same they couldn't. What should i do?
Armaros

Message # 2 | 0:31 AM
CP -> Users -> User groups -> Check in permissions if "Web Polls-Take part in polls" is checked.
beauty

Message # 3 | 4:37 PM
well..everything os ok there. u know it looks like the "only one answer (total) can be chosen" is activated...but i didn't do anything when created those polls...what's wrong??? i have no idea...
Post edited by beauty - Monday, 2008-08-18, 4:46 PM
Armaros

Message # 4 | 3:29 AM
There isn't "only one answer (total) can be chosen " as far as I know.
Did you tried to re-create? I mean, delete poll completely & make new one instead?
beauty

Message # 5 | 4:28 AM
i did. so the poll question can be answered only once? i don't think so. i have polls in my forum and all guests have a chance to answer, but poll on my mane page was answered once (i did) and nobody else can do that... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... angry
Kron_old

Message # 6 | 11:18 AM
beauty, CP - polls - settings - time-out (set to 0), if you want each user (or guest) can vote more than one time.

in future - if you want to get help - write your site address!

beauty

Message # 7 | 7:16 PM
hmmmmm....i tried, but it didn't work. maybe i didn't explain right...one more time:
1. i created 10 polls
2. i voted once myself (some of them)
3. when my sister logged in she couldn't vote in the same polls i did, she could do it only in those i didn't vote.
...sorry for my english. my site address - www.beautylab.ucoz.com
thanks.
Armaros

Message # 8 | 9:10 PM
It's because you & your sister use same network or same PC. That's the problem. dry
Post edited by Armaros - Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 9:11 PM
dude9106

Message # 9 | 6:53 PM
i have a poll on my site and i have it set up so that u must log in before u can vote. but i found out that people can just log in from another computer and take the poll again. is their any way to fix this?
thank you
Pilot

Message # 10 | 7:18 PM
I don't think so.
If I'm correct, the poll is based on IP addresses, not the login name, so everytime someone on another internet connection, they can vote again and again..
(I may be wrong though, this is just what I understand) smile
Post edited by Rake - Friday, 2008-12-05, 7:19 PM
Sunny

Message # 11 | 10:12 AM
Quote (Rake)
If I'm correct, the poll is based on IP addresses, not the login name, so everytime someone on another internet connection, they can vote again and again

Yes, unfortunately this is impossible to change.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
con100

Message # 12 | 8:07 PM
When I enter the options and when they show up on the site they just have numbers next to them and then the option and no box to pick what option you want. Whats the problem. I asked one of my members to see if the same thing was happening to him and he says yes. I checked the permissions for the users and its fine.
Pilot

Message # 13 | 8:09 PM
Provide a screenshot or the url to your website, please.
con100

Message # 14 | 9:46 PM

Heres the link to the site. 09racing.ucoz.net

But you need to be a member to vote.

iLee

Message # 15 | 9:48 PM
Delete the poll and remake it. It has no answers yet so theres no harm.
Use your brain before you post ~Lee
Please use search, ~Lee
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » Users can't vote (vote per user, no vote button)
Search: