• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » FAQ - Guestbook (Frequently Asked Questions)
FAQ - Guestbook
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:28 PM
What is “Guestbook” module?
Guestbook is the oldest and the most popular way of feedback. You will be able to receive users' reviews about your system and comment on them with the help of “Guestbook” service.

What is the difference between Guestbook and Forum?
Forum communication is a discussion. Unlimited amount of people can participate in it at the same time. Guestbook works on the principle of question-answer.

How to install the Guestbook?
Login to Control panel by adding /admin to the name of your website. Go to folder “Inactive”. Find “Guestbook” and click on it. Click “Install the module” button.

How to de-install the Guestbook?
Login to Control panel by adding /admin to the name of your website. Go to Guestbook. Find “ Uninstall the module” and click on it. Answer the secret question and click “ Uninstall the module” again.
I want to allow/disallow users, who are not registered on my website, to leave messages. How to do it?
Login to Control panel by adding /admin to the name of your website. Go to Users » User groups » Set permissions for all groups->Guestbook. Set the permissions the way you need and click Save at the bottom of the page.

I want all of the new entries to be added at the beginning/end of the book. How to arrange it?
Login to Control panel by adding /admin to the name of your website. Go to Guestbook->Module settings->Display new entries->select Top/Bottom->Save.

I do not want all the messages to be displayed in the Guestbook. Is there a way for me to check users' messages before posting?
Yes. Use pre-moderation feature. Login to Control panel by adding /admin to the name of your website. Go to Users » User groups » Set permissions for all groups->Guestbook->Pre-moderate new entries. Check the groups you want to pre-moderate entries of and Save.

Where can I select/change the name of the fields in the Guestbook?
Login to Control panel by adding /admin to the name of your website. Go to Guestbook->Module settings->Fields in new message form. Check the boxes of the fields you want to be displayed and Save.
The names of the fields can be changed in Design->Design management (templates)->Guestbook->Form for adding new messages template.

I do not want users to post inappropriate words in my Guestbook. What to do?
List of words and their substitutes” feature should help. You can find it, if you login to Control panel by adding /admin to the name of your website. Go to Guestbook->Module settings. A word and its substitute must be separated by equals sign ( = ). Each pair must be entered in a new line.

Are there any limitations in the Guestbook?
Maximum number of entries in this module is 80000. If the number of entries exceeds the specified value, old entries will be removed automatically.

This is the way Module settings section looks like:

Attachments: 5447498.png (31.1 Kb)
Ed05

Message # 2 | 5:49 PM
Why on module guestbook social login wont work,instead there is old login form for posting comments. Link
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Monday, 2015-06-15, 5:50 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 3 | 7:08 PM
Ed05, you have local users on your site.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Ed05

Message # 4 | 8:08 PM
bigblog, yes i have but i mean on user login to write comments with social networks. Not to register as user with soc net.
Like i have in other modules login with vk,fb,g+.

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Monday, 2015-06-15, 8:10 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 5 | 1:42 PM
Ed05, social login and commenting is available only for uID users, however we are working on the feature's availability for those sites which have local users.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Ed05

Message # 6 | 3:22 PM
bigblog, We misunderstand. In all other modules i have this login form

But in gusestbook is this

So, im aware that register with social networks is not available on websites with local users so im not asking that,im asking for login with ucoz api to leave coments with fb,etc.
Attachments: 3283717.jpg (16.4 Kb) · 6329383.jpg (13.0 Kb)

!
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 7 | 8:31 AM
Ed05, sorry, I misunderstood your message. Since in Guestbook module we are not commenting, but adding entries, social commenting can't be used in this module.
Quote Ed05 ()
im asking for login with ucoz api to leave coments with fb,etc.

The English version of uAPI will be soonly available, so you can find great resources for your site.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Ed05

Message # 8 | 10:15 PM
Quote bigblog ()
Since in Guestbook module we are not commenting, but adding entries, social commenting can't be used in this module

Hm.. yes, i was thinkin on that but i was not sure.
Quote bigblog ()
The English version of uAPI will be soonly available, so you can find great resources for your site.

I'm looking forward to that happy

!
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Web Polls, Guestbook and Tests » FAQ - Guestbook (Frequently Asked Questions)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: