• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Website not looking like template
Website not looking like template
freelance7076

Message # 1 | 2:11 PM
Hi,

I bought a template, Blogline, and have followed the instructions that came with it (Iknow a bit of HTML but not much, so didn't fiddle), but my website looks nothing like the template. The layout is wrong, the header is missing, the menus etc are on the wrong side - total mess.

Can someone help me out, please? I need to get this up and running asap.

Many thanks
Ann cry
Sunny

Message # 2 | 3:25 PM
freelance7076, you can order template installation from the uCozTemplates team http://ucoztemplates.com/shop/159/desc/template-installation
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
freelance7076

Message # 3 | 3:50 PM
Thanks Sunny, but surely it shouldn't be made that hard? It's like a construction kit with parts and a handbook and should be straightforward, but the instructions are a bit vague in places.

I've written my own website from scratch before with Dreamweaver, but needed something quick this time. If I have to wait 2 days is it? for the Team to do it, I might as well have saved my money.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 4:08 PM
freelance7076, please, provide the URL address of your website so that we can take a look.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
freelance7076

Message # 5 | 5:33 PM
Thank you bigblog. It's www.annwalkerwrites.com. The only bit that looks anything like it should is the Site Info page (which should be titled About Me)...and the pic isn't me either - didn't get that far!

Just to clarify, when you paste in the required coding to each section (there are a lot in this template) you do delete all the existing code first, don't you? I wondered if that was where I've gone wrong, but I can't see a combination of two lots of coding working really.

Added (2016-08-03, 5:25 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Ah... just had another fiddle with it and clicked on 'create templates' after inputting the tmpl file, just to see what it did. I think I may have found the problem, as I didn't do this before. The instructions on neither the template download or the website help say to do that. I'll run through the set-up again and see if it works this time.

Added (2016-08-03, 5:33 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Update - not clicking to create templates was the problem. It can be difficult writing a thorough how-to when the writer knows everything there is to know about the subject - little things that get missed because they seem obvious often aren't obvious to a complete novice.

Anyway, thank you bigblog for your concern.

Sunny

Message # 6 | 9:12 AM
Quote freelance7076 ()
Just to clarify, when you paste in the required coding to each section (there are a lot in this template) you do delete all the existing code first, don't you?

That's right, you delete the existing code.

freelance7076, if I understand correctly, the issue is resolved?

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
freelance7076

Message # 7 | 9:25 AM
Hello Sunny, yes it is thank you, but I hope ucoz will amend the instructions to include having to click on the 'create templates' button - I'd have saved a lot of time and hair-pulling if it had been in there!!
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Additional Features » Website not looking like template
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: