• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Facebook Like Button XBFML Issue (Facebook Like Button XBFML Issue)
Facebook Like Button XBFML Issue
Loz

Message # 1 | 3:57 AM
I am having several issues with the facebook like button.

I am tryng to use the XBFML version.

I put the script code directly after the BODY tag in 'site pages' and then put the FB.like button in my individual page (home page) where required.

The first issue is the FB comments box which appears after clicking like. When entering text into the comments box and clicking 'post' nothing happens. The like action appears in my facebook, but no comments. I have temporarily got around this by using CSS to hide the comments box.

The second issue is the ability to use FB insights and open graph protocol. It requires you to insert META TAGS. I have entered the meta tags in the <head> section. When viewing the page source i can see the meta tags correctly with no issues but when i use the FB debugger to scrape the page, FB complains that the Meta Tags are in the incorrect place and the FB scrape actually shows the tags in the <body>. I believe that this may be something to do with DOCTYPE, but i know nothing about it and could be wrong

I have created a new FB app specifically for this new website. http://localsmartcard.ucoz.com/

Any help would be appreciated

Post edited by Loz - Saturday, 2013-02-02, 3:58 AM
cooltaha

Message # 2 | 6:15 PM
i had the same issues which probably caused by the top banner script not the <!DOCTYPE> and till now i didn't find any solution sad
Loz

Message # 3 | 0:32 AM
Sunny

Message # 4 | 2:02 PM
Loz, you haven't entered the meta tags, they should be entered into each template in the Customize Design section.

As for comments, I can't suggest anything at this moment.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Loz

Message # 5 | 1:26 PM
Sunny,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you.

I did originally put in the meta tags but removed them because they were not working.

In an attempt to recreate the scenario, I re-inserted them last night / this morning and they now work absolutely fine so this issue can be closed.

Either my original attempt was flawed (very possible).... or there was an issue because i was trying to implement this on the same day as i'd created the facebook app and hence facebook was not fully aware of my site/app considering the way it's scraping works.

uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Facebook Like Button XBFML Issue (Facebook Like Button XBFML Issue)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: