• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Blog posts (trying to find out if it's possible to alphabetically sort)
Blog posts
Night1755

Message # 1 | 2:21 AM
Hi is there a way alphabetically sort blog posts I do have php purchased or is there a java script solution? thanks

And I plan to add this script or method to page to display something like this maybe even use categorey

my blog post

A
apple

B
bacon

C
cat
Post edited by Night1755 - Saturday, 2014-04-19, 2:24 AM
NormalX

Message # 2 | 4:43 AM
Night1755, it can be done using informer

Control Panel > Informers > select section Blog > select Sort by name
Night1755

Message # 3 | 1:21 AM
Thanks but I already tryed that the problem is i have 800 blog posts and counting. the informer is limited to 100
NormalX

Message # 4 | 2:13 AM
Night1755, there is no option that i know allows you to sort by name...you can create multiple informer and/or post a suggestion of adding this feature to uCoz by following link below

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/56-7902-1
Sunny

Message # 5 | 9:31 AM
Night1755, the Blog module has very limited sorting options. I would rather suggest Publisher if you need entries to be sorted alphabetically.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
VZ

Message # 6 | 10:56 PM
Night1755, Yes their is just add "rel="category_name" and their is a javascript that uses that meta data to sort it out. I do not know how to code in javascript but i know a little bit of it as i can read it, i can code only a little more in jQuery
Hit that "Thanks" button. :)
In life there's ALWAYS limits but do not plan above them.
Post edited by VZ - Tuesday, 2014-04-29, 11:00 PM
Night1755

Message # 7 | 1:04 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions Javascript would be fine I did notice in the Entry management it uses some sort of JavaScript to sort the category I'm on alphabetically. how would i go about doing this? if not ill just use publisher in the future.
VZ

Message # 8 | 11:15 PM
I think this is what your looking for.
This link.

Hit that "Thanks" button. :)
In life there's ALWAYS limits but do not plan above them.
Post edited by VZ - Thursday, 2014-05-01, 11:24 PM
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Blog posts (trying to find out if it's possible to alphabetically sort)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: