• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Making new user's require key?
Making new user's require key?
Verum

Message # 1 | 3:06 AM
The site that I am working on serves as both a landing page for prospective members and a portal for current members in our program. I have one problem, though.

How can I go about adding a field to the user registration page that asks for them to enter a code that we give them (it does not need to be random, just a pre-set piece of text) in order to prevent people from registering that really don't belong to the program?

Using uCoz for years.
VZ

Message # 2 | 6:31 AM
Verum, it is not possible...you can manually register users in the control panel and they should be able to login...
Hit that "Thanks" button. :)
In life there's ALWAYS limits but do not plan above them.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 9:23 AM
Verum, or, alternatively, you can limit permissions for the Users group and move members manually to any other group with the necessary permissions.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Verum

Message # 4 | 11:09 PM
Quote VZ ()
Verum, it is not possible...you can manually register users in the control panel and they should be able to login...

Yeah, but with my project it would be ideal if I could set it up so certain users can create accounts without getting CP access.
Quote Sunny ()
Verum, or, alternatively, you can limit permissions for the Users group and move members manually to any other group with the necessary permissions.

I can make it so a certain rank can move members to other groups after registration (and have), but can I set it up so the groups they can be moved to are also not available to be picked in registration? It seems that in order for a user to be moved to a group by a another (lets call them superusers, the ones that have this permission to move user groups) superuser that group would need to be available for selection in registration.

Added (2016-03-15, 11:09 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I have actually just fixed the transfer problem, but it would be nice if a access key type thing was implemented in the future. Doubt it will happen though, because of the few opportunities to use it with uCoz's audience

Using uCoz for years.
Sunny

Message # 5 | 4:03 PM
Quote Verum ()
(lets call them superusers, the ones that have this permission to move user groups) superuser that group would need to be available for selection in registration.

The permission to move users to other groups and the possibility to select a group during registration are not connected.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Making new user's require key?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: