• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Adding banners and contextual Ads to lower part of site.
Adding banners and contextual Ads to lower part of site.
habalsi2014

Message # 1 | 10:54 AM
Hello,
I am having my personal website haribiz.com. I want to post horizontal banner ads as well as contextual ads at the lower part of the web site. Can I do it by adding relevant codes to > custom design >Lower Part of the site at the CPanel. At present the lower part of the site has black strip only. Would you please suggest how to do it ?

habalsi2014
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 1:37 PM
habalsi2014, just insert the code of the ad at the beginning of the "Bottom part of the website" global template, and you should be fine. smile
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
habalsi2014

Message # 3 | 6:11 PM
Thank you.

Added (2016-08-29, 6:11 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Hello,
I would like to know one more thing. Whether widget codes will work fine in the Second container i.e Custom Design > Second container. For display of Ads at the right side Bar of the site, I would like to use widget codes here.

joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 6:47 PM
habalsi2014, what kind of widget codes are you exactly talking about? You can enter the Constructor mode through the Website toolbar when logged in as an administrator, and create a new block containing the code of the ad.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
habalsi2014

Message # 5 | 5:52 AM
Hi,
It is called carousel widget. It is about rotating Amazon products within the size of 160 x 600 tower ad types. This ad is just like tower banner ads, but the difference is through this one can view large no. of products by clicking arrows < >. One thing I can say that the first container and the lower part of the site flawlessly accommodate rotator type ads. But whether these can accommodate widgets also I have never tried only because of the fear that my effort may destabilize the present perfect set up. You are suggesting to create a new block. How will it help ? Besides first container, second container or lower part of the site where else will my ads appear ? My sole aim is to place this rotator ad at the right side Tower. Any valuable suggestion ?

Added (2016-08-30, 5:52 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Please refer my previous posts . One thing I forgot to mention. The widget codes will be in the form of HTML only.

joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 6 | 8:55 AM
habalsi2014, when enabling the Builder, you have an option to add a new block. After moving this block to the right container, click on the cog icon in the top right corner of the newly-added block, select the HTML tab, and insert the code of you ad widget: http://take.ms/voDtG . Don't forget to click on the Save button and save the changes in the toolbar: http://take.ms/Qhtbe .
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
habalsi2014

Message # 7 | 11:28 AM
OK I will try this with utmost care. I will have to trace out the login details since the same was disabled after construction of the site. But two more doubts still persist.
1. Since this process involves construction mode changing codes at regular intervals may not be possible or may not be advisable.
2. Will this new block merge with the existing block at the right ( Second container) ? Or a new block will be created just beside the old one ? In case of the first possibility am I required to empty the previous block at the right ? And then effect the change ?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 8 | 6:44 AM
habalsi2014,
Quote habalsi2014 ()
1. Since this process involves construction mode changing codes at regular intervals may not be possible or may not be advisable.

I don't really understand what do you mean here. The template you are using is fully compatible with the Builder.

Quote habalsi2014 ()
2. Will this new block merge with the existing block at the right ( Second container) ? Or a new block will be created just beside the old one ? In case of the first possibility am I required to empty the previous block at the right ? And then effect the change ?

It will create a completely new block which can be moved wherever you want in the containers.

More info about the builder: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-5862-1

If you don't entirely trust the Builder, you can create a Template backup anytime in CP » Design.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Adding banners and contextual Ads to lower part of site.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: