• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Pop up Error ~ Trojan Virus on my Web page? (Scared Members away from uCoz)
Pop up Error ~ Trojan Virus on my Web page?
cherishMars

Message # 1 | 4:05 PM
Members and I are receiving a popup on the upper right side of the page covering the login field.
The popup says,

"ERROR Please install video downloader to continue"

The ones that have visited have had to system restore after their antivirus software alerted and could not remove all that was downloaded. This has caused most of my members to stay away from my website.

Please help! I'm not sure what to do other than create a site somewhere else and I really like uCoz.

Thanks for your help!
NormalX

Message # 2 | 4:57 PM
cherishMars, Please provide a screenshot of an ad and also the URL of the website
cherishMars

Message # 3 | 5:30 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/845pkbb2jt37x7y/Screenshot%202014-04-10%2012.15.03.png

The ad is in the upper right corner covering the log in field.

http://marsnvenus.ucoz.com/

It only pops up when you are not signed in.

Thanks for your help!
NormalX

Message # 4 | 5:54 PM
cherishMars, those ads seems like ucoz's ads

you can remove them only by purchasing premium packages

you can report infected ads to admin
cherishMars

Message # 5 | 6:01 PM
That ad is infected. Where you click the blue bar "create free website" is different than the top part of the ad.
It says to install the video downloader to continue. That part is a different link and infected.

Where do I find "admin"?

Thanks
NormalX

Message # 6 | 6:04 PM
cherishMars, you can contact ucoz officials through http://www.ucoz.com/contact
Sunny

Message # 7 | 9:19 AM
cherishMars, thank you for reporting the problem. We will look into the issue and take the necessary measures.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
cherishMars

Message # 8 | 6:55 PM
This ad is a download. It is NOT a uCoz ad. It says to install a media player to proceed. It changes often to give it a new look but it is still a trojan download. I have pleaded with uCoz support to help with this issue. I don't have a problem with uCoz ads or banners. This download popup is blocking the sign in dialog. I guess it's time to move to another server. It's really a shame. uCoz looked like something I would be willing to pay for.
angry_jin

Message # 9 | 7:17 PM
Sunny, yes same ad was appearing on my site few months ago, but now normal,
just click on close written in grey,

the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
Post edited by angry_jin - Tuesday, 2014-04-22, 7:22 PM
Sunny

Message # 10 | 9:04 AM
cherishMars, the ad banner is uCoz's, but the content of the ad is provided by one of the advertiser we are working with. The malicious ad will be removed. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
cherishMars

Message # 11 | 12:09 PM
I certainly hope this ad is removed today. I have been told it would be removed before and nothing happened. As I said before, uCoz banners are fine. Malicious downloads are not and give uCoz a bad reputation. There should not be ANY ads blocking someone from signing in. It isn't logical. You only frustrate the membership or prospective new members.

Thank you for your help! I really do appreciate it. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Pop up Error ~ Trojan Virus on my Web page? (Scared Members away from uCoz)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: