• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Rogue Advertisements That Cling Onto ucoz Sites (Adverts that are difficult/impossible to close)
Rogue Advertisements That Cling Onto ucoz Sites
LinearMan

Message # 1 | 12:23 PM
When anyone goes to my website (http://21stcenturystoa.ucoz.com) they get a large obtrusive window advertising www.ukit.com. It lasts for 30 seconds before a "close" icon appears. It is followed by a window from www.mymovieshall.com which can only be closed by clicking on the X on an almost-invisible scroll bar at the side. The wretched thing reappears whenever the user goes to a new page on my site. I can't believe this is done with the approval of ucoz. Can these rogue advertisements be untangled from ucoz sites?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 2:44 PM
LinearMan, you can disable the video ad in the Control Panel » uCoz banner and copyright settings » Do not display video ads: http://screencast.com/t/CE6HDonO
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
LinearMan

Message # 3 | 12:14 PM
When I go to my website (http://21stcenturystoa.ucoz.com) I get a rogue message headed "Media Player Update". The message says "This content requires Media Player 12.7. Would you like to install it now?" It's impossible to get rid of it except by taking the "install" option (which I'm not prepared to do) or by leaving the internet altogether. What can I do to stop this rogue message?/
Sunny

Message # 4 | 1:11 PM
LinearMan, please provide a screenshot of the message.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
LinearMan

Message # 5 | 3:54 PM
Here is a screenshot of my website with the unwanted advertising window in the top right-hand corner. Its content seems to vary, but clicking on the "X" only brings up the page of another website. There is a barely-visible "close" button beside the advertising window, but the advert re-appears if I go to another page of my website
Attachments: 0506337.gif (349.9 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 6 | 12:27 PM
LinearMan, this is the uCoz ad banner that can be removed after upgrading to any of the paid plans starting from Basic. If the banner redirects to a suspicious website, please provide the link to this website so that we could look into it.
LinearMan

Message # 7 | 10:03 AM
Thank you for the attention you have given to my query. I don't think it's the ucoz ad banner in itself that's the problem. When I click on the "X" of the top-corner window, I find myself on a webpage of "linaplay - Watch Movies" (linaplay.com). It appears to be a rogue advert designed to pressurize site-visitors into taking out subscriptions for their movie-download service.
Sunny

Message # 8 | 2:41 PM
LinearMan, we will look into it.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Rogue Advertisements That Cling Onto ucoz Sites (Adverts that are difficult/impossible to close)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: