• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Everythig about design #903 goes here !
Everythig about design #903 goes here !
Flappa

Message # 1 | 6:30 PM
Hey guys i am trying to change the background image of this design #903, i took the original image into photoshop and edited it the way i needed it to be, placed it on the ftp and replaced the original link with the new one i just uploaded, now it works fine, can see the new image, but it is not covering the whole area. Take a look and see what i mean: http://olivetreecrafts.ucoz.com/

Thanks for reading.

PredatoR

Message # 2 | 9:11 PM
Flappa, Can your provide you code

of

Code

/* General Style */

to
/* ------------- */

/* Menus */

.:[ If i helped you please pump up my Reputation and give me award :) ]:.
Post edited by PredatoR - Wednesday, 2011-01-19, 9:12 PM
Flappa

Message # 3 | 9:39 PM
Quote (PredatoR)
Flappa, Can your provide you code

i will once my site loads, dont know what is wrong with it atm.

Post edited by Flappa - Wednesday, 2011-01-19, 9:42 PM
Animorph

Message # 4 | 9:48 PM
Flappa, go to CSS and find:

Code
#contanier {background:url('/site/Background.jpg') center repeat-y;text-align:center;padding-top:20px;}

Replace by:

Code
#contanier {background:url('http://olivetreecrafts.ucoz.com//site/Background.jpg') center repeat;text-align:center;padding-top:20px;}

and your site loads find for me

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Flappa

Message # 5 | 9:50 PM
have tried to load the site on 3 different computers useing 3 types of browsers, maybe a problem with my ISP
Animorph

Message # 6 | 9:52 PM
Flappa, it could be , just try again later , i think this fixed your problem with the red BG now your BG is completly red without a second bg behind it tongue
Flappa

Message # 7 | 9:55 PM
Quote (Flappa)
Flappa, go to CSS and find:

Code
#contanier {background:url('/site/Background.jpg') center repeat-y;text-align:center;padding-top:20px;}

Replace by:

Code
#contanier {background:url('http://olivetreecrafts.ucoz.com//site/Background.jpg') center repeat;text-align:center;padding-top:20px;}

and your site loads find for me

Thanks i will try that once i can access my site.

Natashko

Message # 8 | 1:09 PM
Flappa, I have checked your website and it loads just fine. Specify, whether the problem is still topical.
Quote (Flappa)
but it is not covering the whole area

Animorph's advice should really help.
Flappa

Message # 9 | 4:47 PM
Quote (Natashko)
Animorph's advice should really help.

Yes it does, thank you.

website is loading fine now, had to of been my ISP as i tried my site through a proxy last night and it worked, but all good now.

Added (2011-01-20, 10:47 Am)
---------------------------------------------
how can i get the footer (the box that holds Copyright MyCorp © 2011 Free web hosting - uCoz to go the full width of the screen ?

Animorph

Message # 10 | 5:13 PM
Flappa, i will tell you , first first the HTML part

HTML

Find:

Code
$GLOBAL_BFOOTER$
  </div>
</div>

Replace by:

Code
</div>
$GLOBAL_BFOOTER$
</div>

CSS

find:

Code

#footer {height:55px;background:url('/.s/t/903/2.jpg') center no-repeat #DD3800;color:#FFFBD7;}

Replace by:

Code
#footer {height:55px;background:url('/.s/t/903/2.jpg') repeat #DD3800;color:#FFFBD7;width:780px;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;}

and done !

Flappa

Message # 11 | 6:51 PM
Thanks Animorph that worked, but now i have another problem, i cannot access my site again i have tried it using www.hidemyass.com and i can see the site. Is my ip being blocked for some reason ? this only seams to happen when i am editing my site.

i can see other ucoz sites fine just not my own.

Animorph

Message # 12 | 7:05 PM
Flappa, unfortunately i don't know allot about these kind of problems yet ,i'mstill learning that part myself , sorry for my lack of knowledge in this part but i'm just being honest , what i can do is provide you a link that will maybe help you

please continue discussion about acces problems in here:
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-11526-1

Note: what you can do is check if you have any third party scripts on your website like automatic PM scripts etc , these will ask to much from the server and you will be banned from your website , more about that also in the above thread

Flappa

Message # 13 | 10:48 PM
have a problem with the footer now i cant seem to get it in the middle, this is the code in the footer:

Code
<br />
  <table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" width="100%" id="footer">
  <tr><td style="color:#FFFBD7;" align="center" ><!-- <copy> -->Copyright MyCorp © $YEAR$<!-- </copy> --></td><td align="center" style="color:#FFFBD7;">$POWERED_BY$</td></tr>
  </table>
Animorph

Message # 14 | 6:37 AM
Flappa, it is in your CSS find.

Code
#footer {height:55px;background:url('http://olivetreecrafts.ucoz.com/2.jpg') repeat #DD3800;color:#FFFBD7;width:100%;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;}

change width:100%; to width:780px;

and solved

Flappa

Message # 15 | 3:40 PM
Quote (Animorph)
Flappa, it is in your CSS find.

Code
#footer {height:55px;background:url('http://olivetreecrafts.ucoz.com/2.jpg') repeat #DD3800;color:#FFFBD7;width:100%;margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;}

change width:100%; to width:780px;

and solved

sorry animorph i did not explain that very well, the footer image was fine i want it going the full width of the page, i just wanted the footer text to be in the center.

uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Everythig about design #903 goes here !
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: