• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Using Twitter Bootstrap to build Responsive uCoz website
Using Twitter Bootstrap to build Responsive uCoz website
belmo996

Message # 1 | 10:01 PM
Hello

Is there a possibilty to create responsive uCoz website using Bootstrap framework? I want redesign my current website download-baza.com and make it fully responsive.

What is the relationship uCoz - Bootstrap ?
YOYOYO

Message # 2 | 10:46 PM
belmo996, It is possible to use bootstrap on ucoz. I recommend to you to build a template from scratch and first make it responsive. Then build it for tablets and desktops. It's much easier to build a responsive design first because you have to reduce a website to its pure essence. When you move your template up to more robust platforms like tablets and desktops, you can progressively enhance your website.

Sorry for my bad english...

Post edited by YOYOYO - Monday, 2014-07-21, 10:47 PM
belmo996

Message # 3 | 2:49 PM
YOYOYO, I think, I will have problem with making responsive layout on Forum modul, because I must add bootstrap classes and my (advanced) classes :/
YOYOYO

Message # 4 | 3:41 PM
belmo996, oh yeah... i forgot about Forum module. One of the possibilities is to style the existing classes. And another possibility is to replace the existing classes using javascript (do not remember code unfortunately), but you can't add your own classes. But I hope you'll find a way.
belmo996

Message # 5 | 5:54 PM
YOYOYO, yes it's possible with jQuery using text() or addClass() / removeClass() funtion or using pure JS but it's bad practice, because there is a lot of code and I lose on my optimization (loading speed)
Post edited by belmo996 - Tuesday, 2014-07-22, 5:56 PM
BraziluCoz

Message # 6 | 3:30 AM
Quote belmo996 ()
create responsive uCoz website using Bootstrap framework

https://github.com/ennio21/Bootstrap-for-uCoz

Hello! I am Ennio Sousa
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Using Twitter Bootstrap to build Responsive uCoz website
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: