A site becomes editable to everyone if the template has a contenteditable="true" property in the < body > tag.
Please remember that your site is pseudo-editable - it means that the content can be edited (as in a text editor application), but the changes will not be applied.
How to disable pseudo-editing of the page's content?
1. Log in to Control Panel, go to Design customization, and select the page where the problem exists.
2. Search for the body tag, and delete the contenteditable="true"
attribute. For example, we have this code:
We have to replace it with:
3. Click Save
to save the changes.
What should you do if you don't know which template you need to fix?
If you don't know which template the contenteditable="true'
property is in, follow these steps:
1. Go to Control Panel » Design Customization » Quick replacement
2. Insert this code into the "Find" field:
3. Leave empty the "Replace with" field.
4. Click on Replace
After doing these steps, everything should work properly. You can use Quick replacement if you have more pseudo-editable pages too.
If you've done all of the steps mentioned above and the page is still editable, please leave a reply in this thread and provide the URL of the editable page.
hey i'm joe, please don't call me on my real name because you're gonna misspell or mispronounce it and it drives me nuts
i do not work for the company anymore, sorry for the late replies