• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Everything about design #871 goes here! (Design, Template 871)
Everything about design #871 goes here!
Dawgg

Message # 1 | 12:49 PM
Ok, I'm realy looking foward to using this design for my community website, I jsut want to be able to put my whole banner, and my background image on the site, after that, i'll call for help if something goes wrong while editing in the control panel. Please, I love ucoz, it's the best free web builder I know of, plus it ACTUALLY WORKS! Please help me smile
Dartz

Message # 2 | 2:29 PM
Thanks for creating another thread. Please be so kind & give your banner url.
Be specific and provide also background's image url or colour you want there.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Dawgg

Message # 3 | 3:16 PM
Yes sir, i'm so glad you guys are helping me. Link to my background image, Link to the banner I want to put on the site, please, I want to use design #871, it goes perfect for the stuff i'm going to put on it, ty!!!
Dartz

Message # 4 | 3:52 PM
Well, background looks a bit weird.

Background: CP -> Customize Design -> Site Pages.

Find:
<body style="background:#000000; margin:0px; padding:0px;">

Replace:
<body style="background:url('http://i31.tinypic.com/2h6sykg.jpg') #000000; margin:0px; padding:0px;" align="center">

Find:
<td valign="top" width="240" style="background:url('/.s/t/871/2.jpg') #563129;padding-top:10px;" align="center">
$GLOBAL_CLEFTER$
</td>

Replace:
<td valign="top" width="240" align="center">
$GLOBAL_CLEFTER$
</td>

Find:
<td valign="top" width="240" style="background:url('/.s/t/871/2.jpg') #563129;padding-top:10px;" align="center">
$GLOBAL_DRIGHTER$
</td>

Replace:
<td valign="top" width="240" align="center">
$GLOBAL_DRIGHTER$
</td>

Banner: CP -> Customize Design -> Top part of the website.

Quote (Replace code with this)
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" align="center">
<tr><td>
<table style="background:url('http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/5011/howaboutnowfixed.jpg') #000000 no-repeat;" width="996" height="195">
<tr><td align="right">$WDAY$, $DATE$, $TIME$</td></tr>
<tr><td height="150"></td></tr>
<tr><td align="center" padding-bottom:"10px"><a href="$HOME_PAGE_LINK$"><!--<s5176>-->Main<!--</s>--></a> <?if($MODULE_URL$)?>| <a href="$MODULE_URL$">$MODULE_NAME$</a><?endif?> <?if($USERS_ON$)?><?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?> | <a href="$PERSONAL_PAGE_LINK$"><!--<s5214>-->My profile<!--</s>--></a><?else?> | <a href="$REGISTER_LINK$"><!--<s3089>-->Registration<!--</s>--></a><?endif?><?endif?> <?if($USERS_ON$)?><?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?> | <a href="$LOGOUT_LINK$"><!--<s5164>-->Log out<!--</s>--></a><?else?> | <a href="$LOGIN_LINK$"><!--<s3087>-->Login<!--</s>--></a><?endif?><?endif?></td></tr>
</table>
</td></tr>
</table><div style="height:16px;background:url('/.s/t/871/4.gif');"></div>

Dawgg

Message # 5 | 2:52 PM
K, give me like a day to reply, and tell you if it works, i'm trying to get a better background, like a group photo of my clan.

Added (2009-11-24, 8:52 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Give me until wensday, i'm trying to use gimp to get some stuff customized for my site, oh, and i'll be using a differeng background image.

Dartz

Message # 6 | 8:14 AM
Those methods work, because I always double check the solutions I post.
Dawgg

Message # 7 | 1:13 AM
Out of town, gotta do this when i get back home, i'm trying to get the perfect background image, but my clan members are tired of helping me.

Added (2009-11-30, 7:13 Pm)
Dartz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I paste this stuff onto my site? I tried right click, i tried contol, but I can't do it. Please help em as soon as you can, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supreme

Message # 8 | 12:12 PM
Silly question but do this:

Press Ctrl+F or F3: Then copy the first code Dartz provided and paste it in the form that says: Find and then the text you requested will be highlighted. Then, delete it and paste the other code Dartz provided.

Dawgg

Message # 9 | 1:01 PM
Small problem, the background don't come on all the pages, and, I was wondering if you guys know how to make it where my background wont repeat, I want to add a new background anyway, so when I get it, i'll show you.
Dartz

Message # 10 | 1:27 PM
Quote (Dartz)
<body style="background:url('http://i31.tinypic.com/2h6sykg.jpg') #000000 no-repeat; margin:0px; padding:0px;" align="center">

Dawgg

Message # 11 | 7:08 PM
Ok, now I need help with banner rotator, I have 6 banners I want to display back to back, but idk how to operate it.
Sunny

Message # 12 | 2:08 PM
Dawgg, did you read this thread - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-2511-1 ?
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Dawgg

Message # 13 | 1:09 PM
OK, thank you Mr. Admin sir, i'll check with you guys as soon as I'm done customizing my banners with Photoshop. I promiss, you'll ahve so many more members to ucoz when my site is done biggrin
Dartz

Message # 14 | 4:54 PM
Dawgg, let me help you...

Quote (Sunny)
I'm not "man", "sir" or whatever. I'm female!

Dawgg

Message # 15 | 1:07 AM
ok, i'm about to upload my 8 banners right now.

Added (2009-12-15, 7:07 Pm)
oh yeah, 2 more things, 1, what size should I make the banner so it fits perfectly in the top, and 2, i'm having trouble with the builder feature, I wanna add some widgets, a clock, a custom menu, etc, but can't get it to work right for me.

uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Everything about design #871 goes here! (Design, Template 871)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: