• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Everything about design #857 goes here! (Design, Template 857)
Everything about design #857 goes here!
Майя

Message # 1 | 2:49 PM
Hi,

can you please direct me how to solve the two problems i'm having:

1) How to make the "Read More >>" on news disappear and have the whole text visible automatically?
2) How can the forums table be enlarged to fit the page?
3) Also where can i find a list/description of all the special global tags? There are some tags i found only by coincidence - like $CHAT_BOX$ and $SEARCH_FORM$ etc...

This is the main page of my website (showing the News):
(can't use IMG BBcode for some reason)

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1275/78871409.jpg

and this is the forums page:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4971/17551461.jpg

thanks in advance!

Dartz

Message # 2 | 3:28 PM
Quote (Майя)
1) How to make the "Read More >>" on news disappear and have the whole text visible automatically?
CP -> Site News -> Module Settings -> Increase: "Number of characters for a brief version".

Quote (Майя)
2) How can the forums table be enlarged to fit the page?
It depends on your design. Please provide design number.

Quote (Майя)
3) Also where can i find a list/description of all the special global tags? There are some tags i found only by coincidence - like $CHAT_BOX$ and $SEARCH_FORM$
Most of those codes you can find below the page code inside the Customize Design.
Few other codes can be found in Module Settings, not in all but in the main ones. smile

Quote (Майя)
This is the main page of my website (showing the News):
(can't use IMG BBcode for some reason)
When you click on adding entry, at right-top will be panels. Select BBC Panel.

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
Майя

Message # 3 | 3:49 PM
Thanks Dartz, the first issue solved.

About the forums design, it's based on #857.

Also, the reason i asked about the global tags is because there is one i'm interested in partucular - Contact, and i can't find it.

Dartz

Message # 4 | 4:16 PM
Quote (Майя)
Also, the reason i asked about the global tags is because there is one i'm interested in partucular - Contact, and i can't find it.
Could you be a bit more specific? We have 'E-mail Forms' module which offers code for
contact form. It also includes panel which can be used to manage form & its HTML code.

Quote (Майя)
About the forums design, it's based on #857.
Your image shows different from the original. There isn't 'Logged in as...' and block.
From half-made work is harder to guide. Where did you place both of these things?

Майя

Message # 5 | 8:50 PM
Quote (Dartz)

Could you be a bit more specific? We have 'E-mail Forms' module which offers code for
contact form. It also includes panel which can be used to manage form & its HTML code.

Got it! It was deactivated. Thanks.

Quote (Dartz)

Your image shows different from the original. There isn't 'Logged in as...' and block.
From half-made work is harder to guide. Where did you place both of these things?

I put it in comment. I haven't changed the page's design (just a few minor adjustments) so you can assume i have the original design.

Edit: problem solved, it was the "textBlock" class.

Thanks Dartz for the help!

Post edited by Майя - Friday, 2009-12-11, 1:22 PM
Dartz

Message # 6 | 1:23 PM
Step 1:
Control Panel -> Customize Design -> General appearance of forum pages.

Find & Remove:
<div id="subMenuTop"><div id="subMenuBottom">
$GLOBAL_CLEFTER$
</div></div>

Step 2:
Control Panel -> Customize Design -> CSS.

Find & Change:
#textBlock {margin-left:40px;width:860px;padding:10px 0px;overflow:auto;}

uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Everything about design #857 goes here! (Design, Template 857)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: