• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Help Setting Up Email
Help Setting Up Email
Nathan1506

Message # 1 | 8:21 PM
So I want to set up an emailAddress@mydomain to use with hotmail, but uCoz doesnt explain the process very well and only really help you to set it up via Gmail. Could anyone talk me through setting one up via hotmail admin (domains.live.com). When i follow instructions on live it gives me some MX details to create a new record, but when I try to create it the record doesnt save

e.g: Sub Domain "@" Type "MX" Value "the address provided by live" and then click save, nothing happens, the record just disappears.

Any help? thanks.
Sunny

Message # 2 | 2:12 PM
Nathan1506, please provide the MX records you need to enter and the address of your uCoz website.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
raovat_ankhe

Message # 3 | 12:30 PM
help me, where do create MX records ?
Sunny

Message # 4 | 1:22 PM
raovat_ankhe, you need to attach a custom domain to your website first. Then you will be able to add MX records in Control Panel -> Domain attachment.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 10:40 AM
HLA, you are unable to create your own custom email without a custom domain name. Once you have that you can then explore mail server hosting options at your leisure. wink

If you need information on email hosting you can find a myriad on it freely available on Google. When you have a host and have the required MX records information and such we can help from there.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Cyberdasm

Message # 6 | 4:13 AM
HLA, wow your so rich to buy that plan biggrin how many users do you have?
1F4BF3B
ash0682

Message # 7 | 7:03 AM
I have added MX Records from Godaddy to ucoz Domain attachment. But the the ucoz server is not reporting the DNS information.

0 smtp.secureserver.net
10 mailstore1.secureserver.net

As a result the MX is pending validation!

I contact ucoz technical support and no repy since two days! What can I do further to configure MX properly ?!
Attachments: 1726333.jpg (47.3 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 8 | 3:55 PM
ash0682, the support team has replied to your message.
Øwãís

Message # 9 | 3:10 PM
Facing same issue. Not able to save MX Records. Please help me to resolve this issue

Bigrock error

Ucoz control panel where i am trying to make this changes
Attachments: 3087268.png (53.3 Kb) · 0849169.png (66.8 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 10 | 3:29 PM
Øwãís, you need to also enter a MX record priority into the value filed, e.g.

10 us2.mx2.mailhostbox.com.

Øwãís

Message # 11 | 8:19 PM
Thank you Sunny,
freelance7076

Message # 12 | 4:38 PM
No problem setting up the 'contact me' form with the email, but could someone head me in the right direction to enlarge the text size that goes in the contact form please? The name and email address fields are fine but the message box text is almost too small to read and I don't know where to go to enlarge it.
Thank you
Post edited by freelance7076 - Thursday, 2016-08-04, 5:12 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 13 | 5:30 PM
freelance7076, I can't check it on your website because it's under maintenance. Would you open it for a small while, so that I can check it and give you the right instructions? Thanks! smile
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
freelance7076

Message # 14 | 9:15 PM
So sorry, Bigblog - I've been away from the computer. I've opened the site now, thank you. If I can be really cheeky, while you're there, could you please tell me how to either adjust or remove the long dashed separator lines across the blog page? I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm on about.

I would like to move them away from the text a little bit, ideally, (or move the text away from them) but can't find the right bit of code. If you could point me in the right direction, please , I'd be really grateful. There's also a weird bit of text that's appeared in the top left corner - marked. I don't know where it came from or how to get rid of it.

Sorry - too many questions! I'm learning, but slowly!

Many thanks,
Ann
Attachments: 5355797.jpg (21.3 Kb)
Post edited by freelance7076 - Friday, 2016-08-05, 8:01 AM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 15 | 8:42 AM
freelance7076, for the font size issue:

Go to Control Panel » Design customization » Style sheet (CSS), find the 11th line, remove it, and insert this instead of it:
Code
textarea{margin:0;padding:10px 15px;background:url('/img/jeans.jpg');font-family:monotype corsiva;font-style:normal;font-size:18px !important;color:#FFFFFF;border:none;border-radius:15px;box-shadow:inset 2px 2px 5px #000000, 1px 1px 0 #FFFFFF;overflow:auto;}

For the line issue:

Go to the same template from the first issue, find the 9th line, remove it, and insert this instead of it:
Code
hr{width:100%;height:2px;border:none;background:url('/img/line.png') repeat-x;margin: 15px 0;}

As for the strange text issue, I believe it got solved as I can't see any strange text on the entry page. smile

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Help Setting Up Email
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: