• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » How to connect a domain by Method 2 (by applying uCoz dns, name servers)
How to connect a domain by Method 2
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:06 PM
General Information

It is possible to connect a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE.

• uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, email accounts etc. if a domain is connected by Method 2);
  • you will be able to create domain-based emails (e.g. admin@mysite.com );
  • you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or from any other domain provider;
  • you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
  • you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
  • with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
  • with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.

What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?

When you use Method 2, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3 - you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at the domain provider's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.

How to Connect a Domain by Method 2

1. After you have purchased a domain name at domains.ucoz.com or from any other domain provider, you will need to specify the uCoz name servers in the domain settings. The uCoz NS are: ns1.ucoz.net, ns2.ucoz.net, ns3.ucoz.net.

How to edit DNS at domain.ucoz.com and domainS.ucoz.com. For other domain providers the procedure will be somewhat similar.

2. Go to the website Control Panel -> Domain attachment. Find Method 2 and click Continue.

3. Type in the domain name and click Park domain.

You will see the following message. It means that the special settings are being created on the uCoz servers. The process may take up to 3-4 hours but as a rule it is not more than 15 minutes.

4. After the domain has been parked, you will see the message:

5. Click Attach domain and in 15 minutes your website will be accessible by the new domain name. The uCoz website name will be available too. The website will be available under the newly-attached domain name in 15 minutes only for those who have never opened the website under its uCoz domain name. It might take up to 48 hours for your provider's servers to update the DNS information. If you use another computer or IP address, you might see your website with the newly-attached domain name sooner.

Video tutorials:
How to buy a domain at domains uCoz.com:

How to connect a custom domain to your website:

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
hiwaygeorgead

Message # 2 | 6:04 PM
I have purchased a new domain and attached the purchased domain, but I could not access my website with my new site name, cry

Also, in http://domainsp.ucoz.com/, its says the below error, I have mailed to domains@ucoz.org but no response, please assist.

Attached the error screen.
Attachments: 2702921.jpg (68.0 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 3 | 10:37 AM
hiwaygeorgead, please provide the uCoz URL and the domain name you attached.
Cyberdasm

Message # 4 | 7:10 AM
Sunny, I think there is a problem in server s104. I recently attach a domain and I've waited 15 minutes but still this picture appear

And this is the second time I've been stuck in this server.
Attachments: 7610613.png (155.7 Kb)

1F4BF3B
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 5 | 1:15 PM
Cyberdasm, if the domain settings are right in the domain's control panel, it should work soon. If it still keeps you showing this page, check your parameters from the domain CP.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Sunny

Message # 6 | 3:53 PM
Cyberdasm, if the problem persists, provide the uCoz URL of your website.
Cyberdasm

Message # 7 | 4:50 AM
Sunny, I've waited 4 hours to finish the request. It seems that my c panel is very lag in attaching domains. By the way thanks for your fast response.
1F4BF3B
Sunny

Message # 8 | 2:46 PM
Cyberdasm, so, was the domain connection completed after 4 hours? Or does the problem persist?
Cyberdasm

Message # 9 | 6:45 AM
Sunny, yes it has been completed. smile
1F4BF3B
richeanne

Message # 10 | 3:56 AM
Hi, I have recently purchased a domain name at go daddy and I have been trying to attach it to my site here in ucoz since last night. it keeps showing this today, psl refer to the attcahed pic.

Thanks! hope someone can help me
Attachments: 1360974.png (23.1 Kb)
Post edited by richeanne - Friday, 2016-07-29, 3:56 AM
Sunny

Message # 11 | 1:17 PM
richeanne, currently the domain name carpediemtravelandtoursph.com is successfully connected to your website. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
hiwaygeorgead

Message # 12 | 6:54 PM
Guys,

I have purchased and attached my domain with ucoz, its http://www.hackersoft.net/, but for some reason the http://webmail.hackersoft.net. is not accessible, I created two mails and i could not access them since I have no access to web mail,

What would be the problem, Did I messed up with the MX records or any other data, Can you help me with the correct values, please..

@Sunny : Your help would be greatly appreciated. biggrin
Post edited by hiwaygeorgead - Thursday, 2016-12-08, 7:07 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 13 | 6:28 PM
hiwaygeorgead, uCoz does not provide webmail services. You need to take advantage of a third-party service if you want to use domain-based e-mails.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
esra

Message # 14 | 2:42 AM
HI thats amaznggg cool
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » How to connect a domain by Method 2 (by applying uCoz dns, name servers)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: