• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Name Server misconfiguration (Ucoz domain name server Issues)
Name Server misconfiguration
Ochana

Message # 1 | 7:32 AM
I purchased a domain at domain.ucoz.com , There is an admin page for the domains. There are email, DNS and Domain forwarding. Besides each of them there is a warning like text in yellow stating that i did not configure the services correctly and it also has a hyperlink that once you click on a pop up shows up with the name servers you need to setup but when i clicked on configure now it automatically added all the name servers and removed ucoz's name servers ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net and the website immediately became inaccessible. The email some how works but its not 100% functional. If anyone knows any solution to fix this please help me out here, if i only use ucoz name servers email and the other services do not work the same goes for if i use the recommended name servers at the domain management panel which are ucoz.mars.orderbox-dns.com , ucoz.earth.orderbox-dns.com , ucoz.venus.orderbox-dns.com , ucoz.mercury.orderbox-dns.com the website becomes inaccessible. I have attached some screenshots to give you an idea of the situation am in.
Post edited by Ochana - Thursday, 2015-02-19, 7:33 AM
Xayaan

Message # 2 | 8:30 AM
Ochana, Please contact the technical support team through this form and the technical support team will get back to you within 48 hours! smile
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Sunny

Message # 3 | 9:14 AM
Ochana, please provide the custom domain name and the uCoz URL of your website. Besides, please make sure that you verified your email (you should have received a verification message from domain.ucoz.com to your email).
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 9:51 AM
Ochana, we've set the uCoz name servers for the domain. It will take some time for the name server to be updated and the website become accessible at the custom URL.

The following name servers will not work with a uCoz website:
Quote Ochana ()
ucoz.mars.orderbox-dns.com , ucoz.earth.orderbox-dns.com , ucoz.venus.orderbox-dns.com , ucoz.mercury.orderbox-dns.com

Quote Ochana ()
if i only use ucoz name servers email and the other services do not work

I don't know what other services you mean but email will work with the uCoz name servers.

Ochana

Message # 5 | 10:01 AM
Quote Sunny ()
I don't know what other services you mean but email will work with the uCoz name servers.

I meant DNS management and Domain Forwarding
Ochana

Message # 6 | 10:06 AM
and i also want to be able to manage DNS records at the ucoz domain management panel look at the attached.
Attachments: 1603117.jpg (35.7 Kb)
Ochana

Message # 7 | 10:08 AM
P.S i forgot to upload the previous images have a look at them too.
Attachments: 9145314.jpg (66.1 Kb) · 4901232.jpg (33.1 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 8 | 2:47 PM
Quote Ochana ()
and i also want to be able to manage DNS records at the ucoz domain management panel look at the attached.

What exactly do you want to do with the DNS? The email is already set up in your admin panel.

Ochana

Message # 9 | 1:03 PM
I want to be able to edit the CNAME, MX, A RECORDS and the like on the ucoz domain management panel it has this DNS control when i use their name servers only which are ucoz.mars.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.earth.orderbox-dns.com, ucoz.venus.orderbox-dns.com, and ucoz.mercury.orderbox-dns.com but whenever i add the ucoz name servers the ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net together with the other 4 name servers offer by the ucoz domain panel there is some sort of conflict between the two of them and if i were to use the ucoz name servers only email will not work, Now that you have reset the name serves to the ucoz defaults email became disable i don't know why but i am able to send but not receive mail. It now says in a text box highlighted with yellow text that email is not configured correctly click here to fix, and when i click email will work but the websites custom domain becomes inaccessible and the ucoz default name servers are removed the ns1 and ns2 if i put them back the same yellow warning notice reappears again.
Post edited by Ochana - Friday, 2015-02-20, 1:13 PM
Sunny

Message # 10 | 2:54 PM
Ochana, our techs have updated the settings. Please check the email once again in ~30 minutes.
Ochana

Message # 11 | 6:31 PM
Same thing happened the site is now inaccessible because it was reset and these name servers have been applied
ucoz.mars.orderbox-dns.com
ucoz.earth.orderbox-dns.com
ucoz.venus.orderbox-dns.com
ucoz.mercury.orderbox-dns.com
and on the control panel of the website the domain attachment section it says "The domain has an incorrect set of DNS servers" Now mail is fully functional because the recquired name servers by the ucoz domain management panel have been applied and therefore the ns1 and ns2 have been removed and this caused the website to be inaccessible, Isn't there a solution here? look in to the jpg's attached below to get an idea of how it looks like right now.
Attachments: 7957540.jpg (31.9 Kb) · 4895923.jpg (46.4 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 12 | 8:50 AM
Ochana, change the name servers back to ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net.
Ochana

Message # 13 | 6:24 PM
As of now only email works the website is not available at the .net domain and subdomains are partially working, IF i change back the name servers back to ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net. email will not work as it should i will be able to receive email but sending from any email address with @rksports.net will not work.
Sunny

Message # 14 | 12:56 PM
Quote Ochana ()
IF i change back the name servers back to ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net. email will not work as it should i will be able to receive email but sending from any email address with @rksports.net will not work.

Please change the name servers back to ns1.ucoz.net and ns2.ucoz.net (otherwebsite the website won't work), and then we will have a look at your email settings.

Boujohn

Message # 15 | 1:19 PM
Hi, we have this exact problem at tdua ... there seems to be a conflict in required DNS servers between the website and email.

Fyi with email the only thing we are trying to set up is email forwarding, e.g. "info@tdua.org", "admin@tdua.org", etc.

Thanks. John
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Name Server misconfiguration (Ucoz domain name server Issues)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: