• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Creating Custom Email Accounts (via Yandex.Mail)
Creating Custom Email Accounts
Raver

Message # 1 | 4:46 PM

FREE Custom E-mail creation and hosting

What is Yandex.Mail for Domain exactly?

Yandex.Mail for Domain is an e-mail provider that allows you to create up to 1000 custom e-mails like name@site.com . The interface is easy to use and brings you all the advantages of Yandex.Mail (spam filter, automatic scanning of the e-mail for viruses, and much more). Among others, Yandex is the 4th search engine from the world and it’s been on the market since 2000. Time test result = Passed!

Yandex.Mail for Domain is available in English and additional information can be found at: http://help.yandex.com/domain/add-domain/add-exist.xml

How to connect your custom domain

To add your domain, first you need to log into Yandex.Mail at:
https://domain.yandex.com/

If you don’t have an account, you can register in just a few seconds: all you need to do is to add some basic info about yourself (full name, nickname, password, phone number) in the registration form. If you don’t want to add your phone number you can just set a secret question instead – for this you need to click on the button I don't have a mobile phone number

After registration go to https://domain.yandex.com/domains_add/, add your custom domain (like site.com) and click on Connect domain.

The next step is to confirm that you are the owner of the domain.

Yandex gives you 3 alternatives for doing this

but we strongly recommend you to use the first method: create a file named 2892e5a0ba9e.html which contains the text 4a6aff2917d3 and add it in the root folder of your uCoz website (to which you have attached the domain) using File Manager. The name of the file and the text are different from one account to another so make sure you copied the right data provided by Yandex.

After adding the file you will see that that the status has changed on the My domains page:

Now, it’s time for the second step – setting up the MX records::

For this, you need to go to the Control Panel of your uCoz website -> Domain attachment -> Edit domain records in EXPER MODE and add the info provided by Yandex:

In one hour tops, the data will be recorded by Yandex. To verify if the change took place, please access the page [url=]My Domains and click on the Verify MX records button:

If the status has changed to

this means that the data was recorded. Otherwise, you need to wait and try again later. After the domain is confirmed, you can start creating up to 1000 custom e-mail addresses:

Currently Yandex is the ONLY free custom e-mail creation service so please spread the news to those who might be interested.

Source: http://help.yandex.com/domain/add-domain/add-exist.xml
Soldierdevil

Message # 2 | 4:44 PM
Hey, thank you for this information but i cant connect an email. Yandex has provided the following information:

Subdomain name — @
Type of record — MX
Data — mx.yandex.net.
Priority — 10

However when i am including this information in the expert mode, the is no filed for PRIORITY- 10 and and and and...nothing saves when i click save. Returns to the original page with blank fields.

Systems developer
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 3 | 4:47 PM
Soldierdevil, just enter it as
Code
10 mx.yandex.net.

Quote Soldierdevil ()
nothing saves when i click save. Returns to the original page with blank fields.

Please, try in another browser and see if it happens again.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 4 | 9:49 AM
Soldierdevil, aside from yandex you could use gmail, zoho and many others.
1F4BF3B
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 5 | 2:12 PM
Cyberdasm, as far as I know, Yandex is the only free domain-based email provider.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 6 | 11:03 PM
Quote bigblog ()
Cyberdasm, as far as I know, Yandex is the only free domain-based email provider.

bigblog, sir i use zohomail for free. During paradox time (during he is very active in this forum) bing has free email service setup. But I don't use it since I don't have any Idea on how to do it at that time. I also use the gmail free service(1 month) last 2014 but now there's no free in their service. I prefer zohomail in my mail service since you could customize fully your email aside from that they have dev's panel wherein there are some programs that you could use in your mail though it's only an email for your staff since you are limited only for 15 emails. For me it's okay since I'm not making an email site for my user. By the way I will try yandex since it's free. biggrin biggrin biggrin

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Tuesday, 2016-11-01, 11:10 PM
Soldierdevil

Message # 7 | 6:44 AM
hei, how are you all. I registered a custom domain at Yandex but have no idea how to log in to the mailbox. Please bigblog, help here

Added (2016-11-27, 6:27 AM)
---------------------------------------------
and my domain is registered with ucoz and they say they give only two custom emails but have never seen or had one since 2013 my domain was registered

Added (2016-11-27, 6:44 AM)
---------------------------------------------
and most importantly, how can i log in to the mailbox of my custom email at yandex?

Systems developer
info5262

Message # 8 | 4:31 AM
Beside Zoho you can choose Yandex for email and it's free. Follow instruction for installing : [removed by mod]
Post edited by info5262 - Friday, 2018-02-09, 4:32 AM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 9 | 11:03 AM
info5262, the article is about yandex, not zoho, please don't spam threads with advertisement. Link removed and reproof level raised!
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Creating Custom Email Accounts (via Yandex.Mail)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: