• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Some content is not appearing in Internet Explorer
Some content is not appearing in Internet Explorer
Mar1aN

Message # 1 | 8:24 PM
In Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari the full content is shown, but in Internet Explorer (i use 8) some large parts of content are missing.
I think this is caused by the ucoz conditional operators.
Lines of code in I.E and Mozilla:

Added (2014-06-13, 2:24 PM)
---------------------------------------------
???
Attachments: 6162390.png (344.6 Kb)

Post edited by Mar1aN - Friday, 2014-06-13, 8:25 PM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 11:10 AM
Mar1aN, please provide a screenshot of how the pages are displayed in IE and links to the exact pages with this problem. Or does it happen to all templates?
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Mar1aN

Message # 3 | 9:43 AM
Sunny, it happens in all pages.

Added (2014-06-14, 2:08 PM)
Why is this taking so long?

Added (2014-06-16, 3:43 AM)
3 Days have past, and no helpful answer wasn't given.

Post edited by Mar1aN - Saturday, 2014-06-14, 8:09 PM
Sunny

Message # 4 | 9:47 AM
Quote Mar1aN ()
please provide a screenshot of how the pages are displayed in IE

I couldn't confirm the problem in IE 11 and in IE8 emulator.

Mar1aN

Message # 5 | 7:01 PM
Screenshots:
1. Main page: .
2. Entry page: .
Video .

Added (2014-06-16, 1:01 PM)
Shall i wait another 3 days for an new answer?

Attachments: 0506974.jpg (180.2 Kb) · 6462255.jpg (379.9 Kb)

Post edited by Mar1aN - Monday, 2014-06-16, 12:29 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 6 | 8:45 PM
Mar1aN, if you want to get a good answer, you have to wait...
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Sunny

Message # 7 | 9:27 AM
Mar1aN, we have stopped supporting IE8 recently, so I'm afraid I cannot help you with your problem. I think that the default template will be displayed correctly in IE8 (you may check it to be sure), but your template has modifications and external scripts, so it is possible there is an error in the code.
And of course I would suggest updating your browser, if it is possible.

Mar1aN

Message # 8 | 4:58 PM
Quote Sunny ()
we have stopped supporting IE8 recently, so I'm afraid I cannot help you with your problem.

That's sad, beacause there are still a plenty IE8 users.
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp > http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_explorer.asp

Quote Sunny ()
I think that the default template will be displayed correctly in IE8 (you may check it to be sure), but your template has modifications and external scripts, so it is possible there is an error in the code.

I'm pretty sure that not my scripts prevents content reading, the problem may be from the ucoz conditional operators.

Quote Sunny ()
And of course I would suggest updating your browser, if it is possible.

I don't use IE8, but those who do, probably have a pirated version of windows and can't update it.

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 9 | 4:40 AM
Mar1aN, unfortunately there are not enough IE8 users worldwide for developers and companies to constantly continue support for them. 8% of the online population using IE is minute comparatively, and 2% of that using IE8 is even smaller.

Speaking on a personal basis here, Microsoft are pushing for users to update there systems - unfortunately as a developer I can't keep checking whether my sites are cross compatible in every previous existential version of Firefox, IE, Chrome, Opera, etc. that may still be in use as it's simply impossible to support everything. So at the end of the day as developers we have to make decisions that will benefit more the wider web community rather than the minority of users who refuse to update. We can do our best to still provide a viewing experience to users of older browsers, however, we can no longer focus on them. smile

Also - the conditional operators don't effect site viewing. They're server driven, not client-side.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Some content is not appearing in Internet Explorer
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: