• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Can anyone help to install a template
Can anyone help to install a template
JTC

Message # 1 | 8:12 PM
I want to know how to install this free premium template, im kinda new at all this and i dont know how and the guided is confusing, is there a way someone can help me?
Sunny

Message # 2 | 8:23 AM
JTC, if the template was downloaded from ucoztemplates.com, it should contain a step-by-step guide in the archive.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
JTC

Message # 3 | 9:11 AM
it is n the guide confuses me. wish there were pictures of the step then i would be able to understand it better
Sunny

Message # 4 | 10:37 AM
JTC, what are the exact steps you have the problem with? Provide more details, please.
JTC

Message # 5 | 6:37 PM
ok im trying to get this one http://ucoztemplates.com/shop/43/desc/aixam

Im stuck on the first step
"1. Upload folders bbcodes, css, demo, icons, images, js, profile to the root directory of your website"

Where would i go on doing that?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 6 | 8:11 PM
JTC, for this operation, I recommend to use an FTP client, like FTP Commander, and to upload that folders to the root of your site's FTP.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
JTC

Message # 7 | 9:42 PM
FTP? im also using a linux os so idk if that makes a differences
.. i wish i knew someone who could log in on my site and do it for me :P
Sunny

Message # 8 | 9:21 AM
JTC, there are FTP clients for Linux as well. Here is the guide on how to connect FTP: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-2500-1
JTC

Message # 9 | 7:43 AM
im stuck again..

4. Go to Control panel → Design management->Global block->create blocks - BANNERS, BOTTOM, NAVI, SLAIDER. Insert the necessary templates in them. (e.g. insert the code from the template "NAVI" in the global block "NAVI")

there isn't any names just the top, bottom, 1 contanter, 2 contanter.
YOYOYO

Message # 10 | 11:10 AM
JTC, yourwebsite.ucoz.com/panel/?a=gblocks . An create four new blocks with names "BANNERS", "BOTTOM", "NAVI" and respective "SLAIDER" . I think you want to install Dominion Template. The link for create now block it's in the right at the top.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 11 | 6:54 PM
Quote YOYOYO ()
I think you want to install Dominion Template.

No, it's Excali.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
JTC

Message # 12 | 7:06 PM
where do i edit the File Catalog, codes i cant find it. also i try to do the "User Log In Page" keep saying this 'Template does not contain the required code $POWERED_BY$'
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 13 | 8:58 PM
Quote JTC ()
where do i edit the File Catalog, codes i cant find it.

If the File Catalog module isn't installed on your site, skip this step.
Quote JTC ()
also i try to do the "User Log In Page" keep saying this 'Template does not contain the required code $POWERED_BY$'

Verify if the template name isn't User login form. Probably you are working with wrong template.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
JTC

Message # 14 | 2:32 AM
almost done :).. Im stuck on this one

Enable builder, press the cogwheel-shaped button to the right of the "Site menu” block. Proceed to the HTML folder. Delete everything you see there and insert the code:
Code
Sunny

Message # 15 | 10:04 AM
JTC, I'll try to describe it with images smile

Builder:

The cogwheel icon:

The HTML folder:

uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Can anyone help to install a template
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: