Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » uCoz ads
uCoz ads
Skan

Message # 16 | 8:36 AM
Quote Sunny ()
we are working to resolve the issue. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Since you're working on resolving this issue, can't you just remove the whole floating fullscreen ad?
Seriously, 2 days ago those empty boxes were not there, adblock is blocking the ads but the boxes are still there. Even if I press X, it will still send me to an infinite ad loop which I can barely escape from.
You guys runied millions of websites with these new ads, and I'm not reffering to the contents of the ads, I'm reffering to the ad boxes which are permanent.

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-19926-1#114274
Attachments: 1046602.jpg (86.6 Kb)
Post edited by Skan - Thursday, 2015-05-07, 8:37 AM
Skan

Message # 17 | 8:41 AM
Whisper, this hillarious...
What the hell are they thinking adding so many ads? What, they thought that the users will be happy with a ton of ads on their websites? like... "OMG thanks ucoz for adding sooooooo many ads, i really love them, can you add some more please? I want to press 65 X to close them, I like pressing the X...MOAR ADS PLOX."

By the way do you know any good alternative to ucoz?
Whisper

Message # 18 | 8:54 AM
Quote Skan ()
By the way do you know any good alternative to ucoz?

yes i do (you just need a domain name), but i don't want to be banned on the forum posting that.
Urs

Message # 19 | 10:01 AM
Ad Block plus removed one of the Ads because someone made this request : https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13414

Go ask there for the other Ads to be removed if you don't like them.

But visitors without Ad block plus will see them.

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Post edited by Urs - Thursday, 2015-05-07, 10:04 AM
Skan

Message # 20 | 10:07 AM
Quote Urs ()
Ad Block plus removed one of the Ads because someone made this request

Check my screenshot, the ads are not there but the generated DIV that holds the ads is there. This is from uCoz side.
Sunny

Message # 21 | 11:56 AM
The adult banner has been disabled. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and for the delay. If, for some reason, it appears again, please let me know.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 22 | 12:02 PM
Merged two similar threads.
Whisper

Message # 23 | 2:00 PM
Quote Sunny ()
Merged two similar threads.

In other words "CENSORED"
Skan

Message # 24 | 9:19 AM
Wisper, I heard that Adblock is working on removing all the ads. Maybe we're lucky and it will work. I'll then ask users once they come on my websites to download adblock. It's a shame that they made from uCoz a ad link farming system.

Added (2015-05-08, 9:19 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Adding "||braside.ru^$script" to adblock filter blocks all the ads, finally I don't have to find an alternative after all.

Sunny

Message # 25 | 3:01 PM
Quote Whisper ()
In other words "CENSORED"

How exactly? smile It's according to the forum rules to keep discussions about the same issues in one place.

Quote Sunny ()
The adult banner has been disabled. I'm sorry for the inconvenience and for the delay. If, for some reason, it appears again, please let me know.

Clyde

Message # 26 | 12:47 PM
Been getting many complaints from many members - all are registered since there is no other way to view site without registration.
Our daily visits have been down of what always was. Regular members are not logging in anymore... the feedback I have been getting from them is that visiting there has become to troublesome...

ScreenShots:

http://i.imgur.com/FOdVxGW.png

http://i.imgur.com/ElArD5h.png

http://i.imgur.com/8HME74q.png

Besides blocking entry to the site, clicking on any section takes you/them to the uKit site ! - after they return to our site fro uKit, the login window is sometimes blocked by the usual ucoz ad (happened to me on 3rd attempt).

We also have a private section... Complaints received: "on entering there, I am confronted by this annoying uKit video ad once again and are re-directed to there when trying to clear it."

Another page degrading issue to add...Using AdBlock now darkens the screen and graphics until clicking anywhere in page then brightens up.

How long will this be like this ? - we all know about uKit ! - is this a positive way to convey a message to users - by making it obtrusive and negative in every way.

Our site is quite popular since '04 - we moved to ucoz in '09 and were all very happy at our new location. Now it has become a nightmare to go there.

website is http://audioforum.my1.ru/

Ucoz Website Since 2009
LIBertea

Message # 27 | 1:38 PM
I agree 100%

Quote Clyde ()
Besides blocking entry to the site, clicking on any section takes you/them to the uKit site ! - after they return to our site fro uKit, the login window is sometimes blocked by the usual ucoz ad (happened to me on 3rd attempt).
Our site is quite popular since '04 - we moved to ucoz in '09 and were all very happy at our new location. Now it has become a nightmare to go there.
LIBertea

Message # 28 | 0:59 AM
Hi Sunny.

You are indeed correct that the premium plans are affordable and well worth what Ucoz offers.
However, if you want my business, you need to start accepting Bitcoin
Some of us like to remain anonymous, although following all terms, conditions, and policies set by UCOZ.

As for the current full page, pop up, annoying-like-hell Ad,
you are discouraging our current and potential users,
undermining the very traffic that allows you to give us the free service.

Thank you!
Clyde

Message # 29 | 12:41 PM
Now the full page uKit ad is also opening up after every blog and forum entry is entered... also on exit and entrance wacko - '0' members online which is rare - is the site being targeted ?
Ucoz Website Since 2009
D_F

Message # 30 | 4:15 AM
I'd like to add my voice to this discussion.

I get that you guys are trying to push the new uKit product. But the full screen video ad opening up on every page I try to load on my site - and essentially blocking me from viewing my site until I click away from it - is incredibly annoying and obtrusive. I highly doubt that ad is convincing many people to try uKit, but it is definitely convincing people that visit my site that the ads are out of control.

Like Clyde said, my users are on the whole fairly happy with my site (and I am happy with the administrative options and customizable features) but this ad is making it a nightmare.

Please consider changing the format of the ad to something which does not interfere with the ability to view entire pages of the sites.

Thank you,

D F
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » uCoz ads
Search: