• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » User Feedback
User Feedback
Soldierheart

Message # 1 | 5:44 AM
1) Social log in fail!: I created a simple dating site for my college in uCoz system and preferred the social log in but all my users are very disgusted. They are all registered as females weather male or female with 0 years and location unknown. If they use the website form to registered other than a social network they surely don't know how to log on when they come back.

2)uCoz designed its system to benefit its own users,i mean those who create sites in uCoz but not the users of the websites created in the ucoz system. Their whole thing is too complex for a newbie or an under average common sense person.

3)Since 2009, we have been requesting for provision of more codes in the PM template to create more possibilities for us customize its design well well but no body less concern there in uCoz. Infact its the most untidy template i have seen in uCoz system where on conversation can fill up the whole max 200 messages stored, what a hell!

4)uCoz latest innovation was the admin bar. They made a new admin bar which is the ugliest i have ever seen infact its was not a renovation, i should call it a denovation if only that word exists in english language. The older one looks better and functions better than the new one. If its not very big to cover up the site name, its too small that you cant see nothing. Cant uCox come up with a better module or the 21st century to out compete the rest of the builders on market. What are your developers feeding on??

5)uCoz lies to us that it has more than 20 modules yet the seemingly useful ones are about 6. The blog module is just a duplication of site news, the tag board is a real flop, the social media publisher is better off with out its existence. We need more power full better modules or replace the existing ones in a sorry state.

6)uCoz increased its prices and told us "NEW PRICES, MORE POSSIBILITIES" but really where are the more possibilities if i may ask?? uCoz remains the most expensive builder yet requires professional skills to edit a site to standard. Those without knowledge of html or css or js or whatever can not edit a uCoz site to a desired standard yet will have to pay alot of money in the end.

7)All in all i have to say that uCoz only thinks about those who will create sites in their system while developing but does not give a small damn about those who will use the sites created in the system.

I HATE UCOZ
Good

Message # 2 | 6:20 AM
2)uCoz designed its system to benefit its own users,i mean those who create sites in uCoz but not the users of the websites created in the ucoz system. Their whole thing is too complex for a newbie or an under average common sense person.

I agree with this. User module has not much feature and rather complicated...for instance, user reputation only works in ajax window and also the same for award. Both of them fail to show up on cell phone but PDA user is increasingly.

Edit user page is really old. Since most of users get familiar with Social sites. They just know clicking on avatar to upload a new one, click on birthday to revise it rather than click on edit page to edit all of them. This old way is not very visual and simple for user now. Chat module and PM system too. These three modules seem very obsolete.

However, in my opinion uCoz is only compatible with content site such as library, book content, news site...not for interactive user site.

What you get when register with uCoz that:

1. You are protected. No worrying about technical issue. (I'm not sure about this but I think so).
2. You get a free domain name (anyname.ucoz.com) but it's really precious. It's 10 years old which gives a high score for google rank. smile But this will not work for any site attaching own domain. I have 3 sites and three of them get a high rank in Google search in my country but I do not pay much attention to SEO.
3. No worrying about bandwidth - your site should be paid more to maintain the website. As I check with other hosting service, I have to pay double or triple the current amount due to out of bandwidth. This is useful for huge site with a lot of visitors.

That's what I think/feel.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 10:54 AM
I've renamed the thread so that everyone can share their opinion on uCoz, either positive or negative.

Quote Soldierheart ()
1) Social log in fail!: I created a simple dating site for my college in uCoz system and preferred the social log in but all my users are very disgusted. They are all registered as females weather male or female with 0 years and location unknown. If they use the website form to registered other than a social network they surely don't know how to log on when they come back.

Social login has its pros and cons. And I won't deny that the whole login system may be tricky for new users. But we still have the traditional local users form that has much more customization possibilities than the uID form. Entering a username and a password shouldn't be difficult for website visitors.

Quote Soldierheart ()

There are a lot of community-based websites in uCoz which proves that a lot of users (site users, not uCoz users) use uCoz websites successfully. Once again, all confusion of new users is usually resolved if you switch to the local users form.

Quote Soldierheart ()
3)Since 2009, we have been requesting for provision of more codes in the PM template to create more possibilities for us customize its design well well but no body less concern there in uCoz. Infact its the most untidy template i have seen in uCoz system where on conversation can fill up the whole max 200 messages stored, what a hell!

While we see all user suggestions, we take into account a lot of factors when implementing them - popularity, technical difficulty, practical use, compatibility with other features etc. We are constantly working to improve uCoz, and if some specific suggestion hasn't been implemented yet, it doesn't mean it never will.

Quote Soldierheart ()
4)uCoz latest innovation was the admin bar. They made a new admin bar which is the ugliest i have ever seen infact its was not a renovation, i should call it a denovation if only that word exists in english language. The older one looks better and functions better than the new one. If its not very big to cover up the site name, its too small that you cant see nothing. Cant uCox come up with a better module or the 21st century to out compete the rest of the builders on market. What are your developers feeding on??

The new toolbar has a number of customization options that allow to choose most suitable form for your website. E.g., you can use the bigger version to make the toolbar easier to see, but use the collapsed view by default so that it doesn't hide website elements when you don't need it. If you have any specific concerns about the toolbar's functioning, please describe them.

Quote Soldierheart ()
5)uCoz lies to us that it has more than 20 modules yet the seemingly useful ones are about 6. The blog module is just a duplication of site news, the tag board is a real flop, the social media publisher is better off with out its existence. We need more power full better modules or replace the existing ones in a sorry state.

uCoz doesn't lie about the number of the modules. Of course, not all of them may be useful for this or that website, users choose the modules that suit their needs best. The fact that you don't use all of the modules doesn't reduce their number. smile

Quote Soldierheart ()
6)uCoz increased its prices and told us "NEW PRICES, MORE POSSIBILITIES" but really where are the more possibilities if i may ask?? uCoz remains the most expensive builder yet requires professional skills to edit a site to standard. Those without knowledge of html or css or js or whatever can not edit a uCoz site to a desired standard yet will have to pay alot of money in the end.

We believe that given the features the prices are justified. uCoz provides a lot of room for customization, online shop, hosting, unlimited bandwidth. Yes, to create a complex website, you need to have certain skills. But no special skills are required to create a standard website. Besides, a year ago we launched uKit - a simple drag-and-drop website builder where no coding is required.

To sum up the above:
We appreciate all kinds of feedback, it helps us grow. We understand that certain things need improvement, and we keep working on them. I hope, Soldierheart, that our future updates will provide a more positive experience with uCoz for you smile

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Soldierheart

Message # 4 | 12:31 PM
Sunny, i fully understand you and thank you for your reply but the fact you should know is some of us here own a huge number of websites in uCoz system which do not belong to us but our customers too. If i make a website for my web studio customer whose desired functionality is wanting despite all efforts, they start to question my competence. You must accept that you are very slow at implementation and development yet you have already realized that your system is completely outdated. Take a look at the default templates! They are not world standard despite being responsive and creating better ones like in the uKit requires nothing like "TAKING ACCOUNT OF A LOT OF FACTORS". The thing is for the past 3 years you had only concentrated on the ukit and have completely abandoned the ucoz we know.

One thing you should know Sunny, is what attracted us to uCoz is its system structure which provides are bigger competitive advantage in the web builder market but i see your plans now, you want to destroy it thinking the drag and drop is much better...but take into account that we would have used webs, wix or whatever because they do better in drag and drop. We stuck to uCoz because we like it, but the reasons we like could turn out to be the reasons we hate it.

And i fully understand when you say u have your own principles while implementing but whatever your decisions are, you must keep a clear channel of communication with your users. I mean you have the forum, you can email us or communicate to us via the CP but we always kept in the dark and know nothing going on, not until we see a knew feature popping up some day or something. You must actively involve your customers in your developments to get well acquainted with them to drive uCoz ahead collectively not this kind of dictatorship that reminds me of my President, Museveni Kaguta who sells Lake Victoria to the Russians with out consulting the parliament.

As i finalize my complaint i want you to know that we are very frustrated for reasons that you have largely concentrated on the demands on the builder market but not of the uCoz users in particular and in the due course you have come up with renovations that are really unnecessary. You might have involved us in your developments but to a very minimal level which is very fetal and a threat to uCoz success and reputation as the most powerful builder ever existed.
Thank you!
Sunny

Message # 5 | 4:23 PM
Soldierheart, thank you for you feedback, and in some points you are definitely right - that is we do have a lot to improve and we understand that, and are working in this direction. We may not implement the changes as fast as you, and we, would like, but I can assure you we are not sitting idle.

I'd like to point that uKit does NOT delay development of uCoz - it has a whole separate team in a separate office. uCoz and uKit are two separate products each for its purposes, and we are planning to keep it this way, i.e. keep developing each of them.

And if you don't see much feedback on suggestions, please remember that we do see them and take them into account.

Thank you and I really hope that we won't disappoint you in future smile

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » User Feedback
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: