• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Domain deleted. WHOIS still points to me. How to recover? (Deleted domain recovery.)
Domain deleted. WHOIS still points to me. How to recover?
billybons

Message # 1 | 11:32 PM
My domain DENASUSA.COM has been deleted on 6/11/2017. But WHOIS record is still pointing to me. Is there a way to recover my domain?
Cyberdasm

Message # 2 | 7:16 AM
billybons, I think it will take a month before the whole information will be deleted by the hosting provider. I think in your case the domain wasn't deleted but it was expired. We have the same experience. As to your question yes you could still recover it by buying that domain name again.
1F4BF3B
billybons

Message # 3 | 11:30 AM
Thank you, Cyberdasm. But how can this be done? When I run a query, it returns with "Unavailable" response. I've had it registered with uCoz, but I can't find anyone to talk to.
Cyberdasm

Message # 4 | 2:27 AM
billybons, I'm a pro uCoz user so I don't negotiate or talk about other products that would compete uCoz. My suggestion is try to contact Bigblog, or Paradox I'm sure they have a good solutions to your problem. Since I'm not a worker of uCoz service, I do have a limitations also.
1F4BF3B
Gromov

Message # 5 | 8:06 AM
billybons, there's no need to duplicate your messages, we've already answered to you in the ticket. Please stick to it and we'll try to resolve the issue.

Cyberdasm, Thanks biggrin
Cyberdasm

Message # 6 | 9:51 AM
Gromov, sorry I forget to recommend you.. lol hahahah biggrin
1F4BF3B
billybons

Message # 7 | 11:10 AM
Gromov, I've received a message from tech support, that my domain has expired, if that's what you mean. I still don't understand, what am I suppose to do. Thank you.

Added (2017-06-21, 11:10 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Thank you, Cyberdasm.

Cyberdasm

Message # 8 | 11:21 PM
billybons, You need to buy or renew your domain again.
1F4BF3B
billybons

Message # 9 | 12:16 PM
Cyberdasm, I would gladly do so, but it replies, that this name is unavailable. This is exactly what I'm doing here- looking for a hint, how to get it back, any way possible.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 10 | 1:46 PM
billybons,

When a domain expires or is deleted there is a 30 day long grace period, known in the domain system as redemptionPeriod, where the record is locked to prevent people from registering the domain. I guess you could see it as a convenient political component of the domain universe which gives the current owner time to change their mind without fear of having their domain whisked away forever by a competitor or an innocent third party.

Anywhere up to five (5) days after the 30 day period, your domain falls out of redemptionPeriod and will go into a pendingDelete status, where it is scheduled to be purged from the domain records and is available for registration again. To stop this from happening, like said above, you need to contact the registrar of the domain, if that's uCoz, contact the support team and let them know you'd like to renew your domain name.

Hope this clears up some understanding of the WHOIS records. happy

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
billybons

Message # 11 | 2:54 AM
Paradox, thank you for your response. Yes, my registrar is uCoz, and, the matter of fact, I'm trying to establish a contact with them. Could you, please, provide me with a link for this contact? Thank you.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 12 | 4:58 AM
billybons, best contact point would be through your websites Control Panel. Else wise http://ucoz.com/contact . If you have any major issues with the support team feel free to PM me with the ticket# and I'll chase it up with uCoz team members.

Good luck. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
billybons

Message # 13 | 1:51 PM
Paradox, thank you. I've polled Tech Support and I've received this reply yesterday "You need to either renew it if it's still possible or re-register it once again. Where did you register your domain name exactly?". Aren't they suppose to know it?
Cyberdasm

Message # 14 | 7:46 AM
billybons, In contacting support you must specify the exact problem to them so that they couldn't misunderstood it. There is a possibility that they don't check the registrar of your domain name. It is when you don't submit exactly your problem the tendency is they would answer your question generally. Yes I could answer your problem in general terms and they [support] will answer you generally unless you made your question specifically attributed to your problem.
1F4BF3B
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Domain deleted. WHOIS still points to me. How to recover? (Deleted domain recovery.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: