uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Comments. Everything about comments in Catalogs (Adding comments, structure, display etc)
Comments. Everything about comments in Catalogs
Natashko

Message # 1 | 1:39 PM
Comment Settings

There are two types of comment structure in uCoz:

Simple comment structure – where users' comments go one by one as the messages are added.

Tree-like comment structure – where users can answer the comments of other users. In this case new comments are situated under the answered comment. The tree-like structure is enabled by default, to disable it and enable the simple structure, go to Common Settings and remove the checkmark for Use tree-like comments structure.

Each module has separate comment settings: Control Panel -> any module -> Module settings -> Enable "Comments" feature for the current module. If this checkbox is enabled, the possibility to comment entries of this module appears.

It is also possible to set the number of comments per page and the way the new comments are displayed (Top or Bottom part of the page).

Appearance of comments can be changed in Control Panel -> Design-> Design management (templates) -> Comments -> templates: Appearance of comments and Form for adding comments

Codes to display comments

The codes to display comments work in the Appearance of entries and Page with entry full text and its comments templates.

Appearance of entries codes are:

Page with entry full text and its comments code are:

Users, setting permissions for comments

Besides enabling or disabling comments for modules, it is also possible to set permissions for groups to comment.

It can be done in Control Panel -> Users -> User groups -> Set permissions for all groups -> Comments.

Note: When commenting, the system group "Users" should type in the security code (captcha). This option can be disabled for sites with local authorization, though. See more about it here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/7-13797-79382-16-1309955294

Limitations: 4000 comments may be added to each entry.

Comments can be rated!

Note:

Comments can be added in modules only (except for Guestbook, FAQ and Tests).

Comments will not work on the pages, created via Page Editor!
carloscompu

Message # 31 | 4:45 PM
the subscription in comment has a dropbox that says (notify about comment and two other options)
But my website I set the language in english so that I can use the new comment system
Even though all the content is in spanish

I created like a little social network Each user has an entry of there own like a biography
Where they can add their fotos videos etc.

The subscription button I need it to instead of say "notify me about all comments " I need it to say Follow this user As an example

All That I need is to Change the dropbox options titles and change them to spanish

Or if there is any other system that I can use that will work same way
Post edited by carloscompu - Wednesday, 2013-04-10, 4:46 PM
khen

Message # 32 | 1:16 AM
I thought there are no limitations on the total number of comments per entry.

What if number of comments exceeded 700? What will happen?

If the user cannot comment anymore, is there any other way the user can add comment?

Sunny

Message # 33 | 11:01 AM
carloscompu, I suggest that you just wait for the Spanish form to be added, we are planning to add it within the next two weeks.

khen, the current limitation is 4000 comments per entry.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
khen

Message # 34 | 11:12 AM
Sunny, What if the total number of comments exceeds the limitation?

Is there other way to extend that limitation?

You've set it earlier that total number of comments is unlimited. Why did you limit it?

Sunny

Message # 35 | 12:50 PM
khen, there is no word about the total number of comments, this number is unlimited. 4000 is the number of comments per one entry. And in any case, when a website reaches some limitations like these, you should contact tech. support via your CP, and the limits will be most probably increased (each case is considered separately).
bodbreed

Message # 36 | 0:27 AM
Is it possible for users to set comments to automatically update like disqus, for those with lots of traffic and an active community.
Xayaan

Message # 37 | 6:16 AM
XO-Ferg, Please provide more detail.
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
bodbreed

Message # 38 | 6:34 AM
Like instead of refreshing the page to see new comments, they would automatically update while you're on the page, kind of like ajax.
Post edited by XO-Ferg - Friday, 2013-04-19, 6:35 AM
Xayaan

Message # 39 | 7:08 AM
XO-Ferg, Yes it's possible but not by standard means.
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Sunny

Message # 40 | 12:09 PM
XO-Ferg, Xayaan is right, it's not very easy, but possible.
bodbreed

Message # 41 | 1:24 PM
Ok thanks I'll definitely spend time trying to accomplish this knowing that it's possible.
Ed05

Message # 42 | 2:53 PM
Where i can find script that alows facebook and site coments in one field but separated with navigation buton on the head
!
Sunny

Message # 43 | 10:13 AM
Ed05, I'm afraid we don't have such script on this forum. And I'm not sure you will find it on Google, you'll most probably need to develop it yourself.
Ed05

Message # 44 | 3:46 AM
Sunny, Huh, ok. I have sen that script on lot of ucoz sites. Im afraid that i dont know enough java script so i can't create that script my self. Thanks for answer

Added (2013-06-11, 9:46 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I have problem with coments, i have found script that alows facebook and site coments just presing selector buton. but the problem is that all coments are visible simultaneously. it should be wisible only when presing buton for example fb coments to se fb coments and site coments same. i wil provide the code and i hope that some one will find erorr in it. I will give css code for that html to. maybe the problem is in css who knows. here is code.

Code

<?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?>  
<!-- komentari -->  
<div id="tabs-1">  
<div class="tabs">  

<ul class="tabNavigation">  
<li><a href="#first">SuperCafe Komentari: <b>$COM_NUM_ENTRIES$</b></a></li>  
<li><a href="#second">Facebook Komentari: <b><fb:comments-count href=$HOME_PAGE_LINK$$ENTRY_URL$></fb:comments-count></b></a></li>  
</ul>  

<div id="first" class="tab_content">  

<?if($COM_IS_ACTIVE$)?>  
<?if($COM_CAN_READ$)?>  
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">  

<tr><td colspan="2">$COM_BODY$</td></tr>  
<tr><td colspan="2" align="center">$COM_PAGE_SELECTOR1$</td></tr>  
<tr><td colspan="2" height="10"></td></tr>  
</table>  
<?endif?>  

<?if($COM_CAN_ADD$)?>  
$COM_ADD_FORM$  
<?else?>  
<?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?><?else?><div align="center" class="commReg"><!--<s5237>-->Samo registrovani korisnici mogu upisivati komentare.<!--</s>--><br />[ <a href="$REGISTER_LINK$"><!--<s3089>-->Registruj Se<!--</s>--></a> | <a href="$LOGIN_LINK$"><!--<s3087>-->Uloguj se<!--</s>--></a> ]</div><?endif?>  
<?endif?>  
<?endif?>  

</div>  

<div id="second" class="tab_content">  

<div id="fb-root"></div><script src="http://connect.facebook.net/sr_RS/all.js#xfbml=1"></script><fb:comments href="$ENTRY_URL$" num_posts="10" width="630" colorscheme="dark"></fb:comments></div>  
</div>  
</div>  
<!-- /Komentari -->  

<?else?>  

<!-- komentari -->  
<div id="tabs-1">  
<div class="tabs">  

<ul class="tabNavigation">  
<li><a href="#first">Facebook Komentari: <b><fb:comments-count href=$HOME_PAGE_LINK$$ENTRY_URL$></fb:comments-count></b></a></li>  
<li><a href="#second">SuperCafe Komentari: <b>$COM_NUM_ENTRIES$</b></a></li>  
</ul>  

<div id="first" class="tab_content">  

<div id="fb-root"></div><script src="http://connect.facebook.net/sr_RS/all.js#xfbml=1"></script><fb:comments href="$ENTRY_URL$" num_posts="10" width="630" colorscheme="dark"></fb:comments>  

</div>  

<div id="second" class="tab_content">  
<?if($COM_IS_ACTIVE$)?>  
<?if($COM_CAN_READ$)?>  
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">  

<tr><td colspan="2">$COM_BODY$</td></tr>  
<tr><td colspan="2" align="center">$COM_PAGE_SELECTOR1$</td></tr>  
<tr><td colspan="2" height="10"></td></tr>  
</table>  
<?endif?>  

<?if($COM_CAN_ADD$)?>  
$COM_ADD_FORM$  
<?else?>  
<?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?><?else?><div align="center" class="commReg"><!--<s5237>-->Samo registrovani korisnici mogu upisivati komentare.<!--</s>--><br />[ <a href="$REGISTER_LINK$"><!--<s3089>-->Registruj Se<!--</s>--></a> | <a href="$LOGIN_LINK$"><!--<s3087>-->Uloguj se<!--</s>--></a> ]</div><?endif?>  
<?endif?>  
<?endif?>  
</div>  
</div>  
<!-- /Komentari -->  
<?endif?>    
      </div></div>

</div></div>
And here is css for this
Code
#tabs-1 {text-align:center; margin-top: 20px;}  
.tabNavigation {list-style:none; margin: 0; padding: 0;}  
.tabNavigation li {  
  display: inline;  
  margin: 0px 5px 0px 5px;  
  text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #111111;  
}  

.tabNavigation li a {  
  color: #FFFFFF;  
  background: url('fon_tab_01.gif') repeat-x top #6E6E6E;  
  border-top: 1px solid #FFFFFF;  
  border-right: 1px solid #FFFFFF;  
  border-left: 1px solid #FFFFFF;  
  padding: 6px 10px 6px 10px;  
}  

.tabNavigation li a.selected,ul  
.tabNavigation li a.selected:hover {color:#FFFFF; background:#111111; border-bottom: 1px solid #111111; }  
.tabNavigation li a:hover {color: #FFFFFF; background: url('http://www.extracafe.rs/2012/skripta/fon_tab_01.gif') repeat-x top #111111;}  
.tabNavigation li a:focus {outline: 0;}  

.tab_content {  
  overflow: hidden;  
  text-align:left;  
  border-top: 1px solid #555555;  
  padding: 5px 0px 10px 0px;  
  margin-top: 6px;  
}

!
Sunny

Message # 45 | 10:32 AM
Ed05, provide also the website address.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » Comments. Everything about comments in Catalogs (Adding comments, structure, display etc)
Search: