uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » User group permissions (access permissions, premoderation)
User group permissions
Ronzky

Message # 31 | 8:33 PM
Im having a problem with my file catalog.. members, checked and friends cant add new entry.. i already have 8 categories.. I selected all the groups in my CP for adding new entries in my file catalog but the 3 groups cant add new entry.. the problem is theres no option when selecting categorories.. what is wrong with it?
Post edited by Ronzky - Monday, 2011-04-18, 8:34 PM
Jan

Message # 32 | 9:18 PM
Ronzky, check
1. CP - File manager - Categories management - check all categories tools(permission to add files)
2. CP - users - user groups - Set permission to all groups - File nanager - add new entries(check permissions)

Post edited by Jan - Monday, 2011-04-18, 9:47 PM
Animorph

Message # 33 | 9:32 PM
1.Check of these groups are allowed to see the category
go to CP ---> File catalog ---> Categories management ----> Edit your category --->
- Groups, having access to the category
- Groups, allowed to download files
- Groups, allowed to add new entries

2.Check user group permission if thy are allowed to add entry
CP ---> USer ---> User Group ---> Your user group ---> Edit it ---> File Catalog ---> and check pêrmissions

To busy building a passive income online ;)
Ronzky

Message # 34 | 10:13 AM
problem solved... I have another probem.. pictures are not appearing in my main page of my file catalog.. what will I do? Screenshot below.. I want a result like in the second screenshot.. how can i do that?
Attachments: 1331482.jpg (115.1 Kb) · 1917748.jpg (97.8 Kb)
Post edited by Ronzky - Tuesday, 2011-04-19, 10:25 AM
Jan

Message # 35 | 1:44 PM
Ronzky, you can have there images by adding them to "short description"
Natashko

Message # 36 | 1:46 PM
Ronzky, in order for us to help, please specify the way you were adding the images to File catalog in the first place? Which field did you use?
Ronzky

Message # 37 | 3:04 PM
problem solved.. I have another question.. How can I update my informer in an early time? cause it takes like 10-15 minutes to update the new data..
Natashko

Message # 38 | 3:32 PM
Ronzky, informers do update each 15 minutes. If you want some information to be displayed quicker than that - re-save the Informer template. Continue about Informers here http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-457-1#2206
Ronzky

Message # 39 | 4:22 PM
is there any other way to make the informer change the information quickly? cause i cant find any topics about it..
Jan

Message # 40 | 4:38 PM
Ronzky, please follow Natashko's thread about Informers

you can make informer changing quicker by doing it manually..
Go to: CP - Informers - (select informer) - select to edit informer settings or template, but dont edit, just Save

Atleast I have tried this and it worked for me happy

Natashko

Message # 41 | 7:50 AM
Ronzky,
Quote (Ronzky)
is there any other way to make the informer change the information quickly?

No. Only the suggested one.
Zevoxa

Message # 42 | 12:22 PM
How do I make a my own category that people can't add to!
I want them to be able to view it and download the stuff.
But all I can find is what groups can view it. But I'm looking
for me only posting it that category. sad

-WXMusic

I would prefer if you called me ErraticFox. ^_^
Natashko

Message # 43 | 12:29 PM
WXMusic, if you go to CP-> File Catalog->Categories management->click "Change" button in the shape of a screwdriver->you will be able to select groups, which can add entries in this category, view it or download files.
Zevoxa

Message # 44 | 12:33 PM
Hmp. I could of swore I checked there before. Well thanks.

-WXMusic

I would prefer if you called me ErraticFox. ^_^
Superstar

Message # 45 | 7:40 PM
Hi there! I have created my first page via uCoz.com after few days. I called it Superstar Games (http://superstargames.ucoz.com/). Everything is perfect, but there is just a small problem with the "file catalog". I have renamed it to "Downloads". My friend registered to the page and he try to upload file on the site. But there is no "Add Entry" option by him. I think only me can upload files to my Superstar Games Page. Actually the problem is not about the file menager. Its about Upload files to my own page. How can I fix that? I mean: What did I need to do that other people can upload files to my website. Hope you have understand me. My english is bad, I know. But I am from Bosnia and Herzegovina. NOTE: I am just six years old so I don't have MasterCard etc.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » File Catalog, Site Catalog, Publisher, Ad Board, Online Games » User group permissions (access permissions, premoderation)
Search: