• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Meta tags / Open Graph (Meta tags / Open Graph in individual news entries help)
Meta tags / Open Graph
BriCo84

Message # 1 | 1:03 PM
I have searched up and down for a few days now and have not found an answer to this yet.

How do I insert meta tags in to individual site news entries? For the purposes of setting my open graph properties.

Specifically what is happening is, i am trying to share via Facebook my individual news entry. The problem arises when it is looking for the og:image property so the proper thumbnail shows up in the Facebook post. There does not seem to be a way to set that for individual news entries since there is no header. It appears, from what i have researched, i have to put the meta tags in the main template of the site news, but that doesn't help since each news entry will need separate properties.

Can anyone help me figure this out please?
Attachments: 9023851.png (18.4 Kb)
Sunny

Message # 2 | 2:43 PM
BriCo84, please see the following thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/42-18452-1
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
BriCo84

Message # 3 | 2:48 PM
Thank you Sunny!

Just to clarify, so the answer is that i still put the meta tags in the design template, but i specify each tag for the specific site I am using it for?
Sunny

Message # 4 | 10:26 AM
BriCo84, if you want to have individual meta tags in each Site News entry, then I would recommend using additional fields as described in this post http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/42-18452-108255-16-1404207424

I.e. you enable additional fields, enter the meta tags into those fields when posting entries, and then just add the codes of those fields ($OTHER1$, $OTHER2$ etc.) into the Site News template. Please let me know if you'd like a more detailed description.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site News & Blogs » Meta tags / Open Graph (Meta tags / Open Graph in individual news entries help)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: