• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Cannot log into forum with my website id (incorrect username or password)
Cannot log into forum with my website id
barbie

Message # 1 | 9:03 PM
Having created a website and worked on it for a few days, I end up with a few questions.
Problem is I cannot log into forum from the users control tolbar.
At Log In it states incorrect username or password. (believe me, their not wrong)
I then tried to register. States email already used (obviously me)
I then tried Lost password, answer email not recognised (see above)
So I'm going round in circles and getting nowhere fast.
Had to use my wifes email to set up a forum id to get in here.

Added (2009-11-18, 3:01 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
sorry, as I'm using the wifes laptop, the different size keyboard has really messed me up. cry

Added (2009-11-18, 3:03 Pm)
Sorry, as I'm using my wife's laptop, the differen size keyboard has really messed me up cry
Pilot

Message # 2 | 10:27 PM
Make sure you haven't mixed up the passwords: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-5729-1
Sunny

Message # 3 | 8:45 AM
barbie, remember that you have two passwords – one for your uNet account (and logging in to websites with uID), and another one for Webtop (and your website Control Panel if you have not set a separate password). In both cases your e-mail is used as a username. But passwords are different.

Moved to account management.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
barbie

Message # 4 | 10:13 AM
sunny, many thanks your various replies.
still cannot log into forum with my website email address. (still logging in as my wife ie barbie)
I have only ever entered one password which works to log into both my Webtop page and my Control Panel on my website.
To repeat. If I try to sign into the forum with my web registered email, it does not recognise my password, which may be right as I've only set one.
However, if I then try to set one, it will not let me, saying my email is already registered to another user. If I try instead to ask for a password reminder, it then states, user not found, regardless of whether I enter my email address or user name (mike-the-hat)
I have spent an hour going through the steps in Pilots link above but it's got me nowhere.
Sunny

Message # 5 | 10:38 AM
barbie, did you confirm your e-mail after registration? You must have two passwords - one for Webtop and Control Panel, another for uNet profile and login to your website.

And where do you try to use password reminding feature? Try to use the following form http://www.unet.com/remind/

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
barbie

Message # 6 | 10:39 AM
sorry, what I have written above is rubbish. I've now found that I did indeed change a password. But I thought I had simply changed it. Instead one is site password and as you say, other is Control Panel.
mike-the-hat

Message # 7 | 10:42 AM
yippee, it worked. Sorted and thanks
mike-the-hat and barbie

Added (2009-11-19, 4:42 Am)
yippee, it worked. Sorted and thanks
mike-the-hat and barbie

uCoz Community » Archives » Locked » Cannot log into forum with my website id (incorrect username or password)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: