• Page 1 of 2
  • »
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » New Visual Editor (Update 3-2014)
New Visual Editor
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:07 PM
The update is available on all servers.

Today we are glad to present an absolutely new Visual Entry Editor, the so-called WYSIWYG editor.

This update will be particularly useful to site administrators and those, who posts entries to a website. We hope that all of you will like it and no one will advocate the old version to be returned smile

Let's compare the old and the new editor. How it used to be:

And the code that was produced:

Code
<div>I'm the old Visual Editor, outdated in appearance and functionality.</div><blockquote style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;"><div>As a result of my work trash code appears and sometimes site design gets messed up.</div></blockquote>

Because of div being used instead of a paragraph, when too long entries were cut it caused mess in HTML layout and site design was often damaged.

The new entry editor looks as follows:

Besides, the code produced by the new editor is based on < p > paragraphs, and is much cleaner in general:

Code
<p>I'm an absolutely new Visual Editor.</p>
<p style="margin-left: 40px;">I look better and produce cleaner code.</p>

As a result, even if a long entry is cut, HTML layout will be damaged less often. Of course, this applies only to newly posted entries.
Also, when switching between the Visual mode and the HTML/BB mode a new window does not appear, instead the text area on the same page is replaced, which is much more convenient.

The post isn't long, but it is not what's important smile We hope you'll enjoy the update. Please post your comments below!

Question: I don't like the new editor and want to switch back to the old one. How do I do this?

Answer: Go to Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings -> Visual HTML editor, and select Outdated (unsupported):

Note: The option appears only if Visual HTML Editor is selected as the default form type for entry editing.

Question: I don't like that the new editor adds formatting with the p tag, it adds additional intervals. Can it be disabled?

Answer: The p (paragraph) tag is intended for text formatting, it's usage is logical and right. Yes, the intervals are bigger, but it is also normal and logical. If you still don't like it, enable the option Use the br tag instead of p for line breaks in Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings (we also suggest that you read the help info by clicking the ? icon:

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Ed05

Message # 2 | 6:49 PM
So far i noticed its available only in load module cool
!
Animorph

Message # 3 | 8:17 PM
Sunny, cool i look forward to it appearing on all servers wink
To busy building a passive income online ;)
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 4 | 4:34 AM
This looks so mobile friendly. xD
Sunny

Message # 5 | 8:50 AM
Ed05, must be available in all modules.
srkisara

Message # 6 | 9:17 AM
Will this update and the like be available for server s52?
Sunny

Message # 7 | 9:33 AM
srkisara, the update will be available on all servers soon.
Mar1aN

Message # 8 | 10:35 AM
Really? You use that thing?
I say it's better to learn some HTML CSS basics.

srkisara

Message # 9 | 10:44 AM
I use it because I do not know anything about html and css.
First, I see what it looks like, then I click on the html button in Visual Editor and finally copy where needed.
So far, so good.

Thanks Sunny!

I'm patient
bodbreed

Message # 10 | 4:28 AM
Nice to see the updates rolling out!
Good

Message # 11 | 1:13 PM
It's convenient!
Post edited by Good - Sunday, 2014-03-23, 5:38 AM
Ed05

Message # 12 | 4:24 PM
Sunny, now its available in all modules cool
!
Sunny

Message # 13 | 2:00 PM
The update is available on all servers.
srkisara

Message # 14 | 9:27 PM
Server s52

I have problems wit new visual editor. I use Mozilla Firefox.
I can't copy/paste any document from my comp in new tread of blog.

When I select something and choose Copy option on clicking Paste in my blog opens this window :

At last when I all copied I select download link on the bottom and tried copy-paste in link I got this window :

I turn off all options from Mozilla security options but not change.

Now I work in old visual editor.

Please help me to fix this.
Thanks

And one question : Does any update automatically upgrade my site?
Attachments: 6672626.gif (33.5 Kb) · 5290462.gif (50.7 Kb) · 0951347.gif (48.6 Kb)
Post edited by srkisara - Tuesday, 2014-03-25, 9:29 PM
Sunny

Message # 15 | 3:42 PM
srkisara, not all browsers allow Javascript perform operations with clipboard data, that's why those windows appear. You may either do what is suggested in the windows, or use the shortcuts CTRL+C (Copy), CTRL+V (Paste), CTRL+X (Cut).
uCoz Community » General Information » uCoz Updates & Announcements » New Visual Editor (Update 3-2014)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: