uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » My site is down
My site is down
Random260

Message # 31 | 6:29 AM
Also i wish to keep same domain name how do i do that? Do i just remove my first site and remake?

Added (2013-04-22, 0:29 AM)
---------------------------------------------
How long does it take before the domain is free up? once you remove?

Xayaan

Message # 32 | 6:43 AM
Random260, If you want the same domain , Delete the current website and after 1 hour , Make a new website with the same URL. After the deletion of the current website. The domain will be up within 1 hour.
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Random260

Message # 33 | 6:47 AM
With the restore does it restore everything?

Added (2013-04-22, 0:47 AM)
Also max limit of domain for free website

Xayaan

Message # 34 | 7:10 AM
Random260, I suppose it does.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 35 | 7:12 AM
Random260, okay, slow down. I'd advise you hold the horses for a bit before doing anything. I have forwarded this onto tech so that they may consider a possible site transfer as part of their options if iiNet continue to not respond, this is an isolated incident so they may consider it, I can't speak for them so I do not know.

I am also still chasing up the person who did contact iiNet so that we may warrant a response. I understand you're eager to get back to working on ayour site and you can do this through using a proxy/VPN service (i.e ToR). wink Otherwise it's best to wait until the team have resolved these issues.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Random260

Message # 36 | 7:13 AM
Wow now you tell me i already removed site >.>
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 37 | 7:27 AM
Random260, I apologise however I have only just got in for the day. Your backup will not restore all aspects of your website and you should have been made aware of this from the beginning. If you read through the aforementioned thread it does not backup your design, common settings, module configurations, private messages, user accounts, site pages, email forms, or statistics.

It will however restore the remaining site data left out from this above list. Additionally a template backup would have also been advisable to preserve your site template if you weren't working with a base default uCoz template. Please do not recreate your website if you haven't yet - I need to now contact tech again regarding this issue.

Random260

Message # 38 | 7:50 AM

Added (2013-04-22, 1:35 AM)
All this could have been avoided by a simple server move

Added (2013-04-22, 1:50 AM)
Whats wrong i resigned up with same domain and i am still blocked

Xayaan

Message # 39 | 7:55 AM
Random260, Use a Free VPN or Proxy Service to access the website.
Random260

Message # 40 | 8:02 AM
Yo beacuse i cant login to site with free vpn as meaning the web free vpn

Added (2013-04-22, 2:02 AM)
..... Great what i do now... i cant even make a single working website. Please could you give me a server or switch it

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 41 | 8:07 AM
Random260, we have our own internal policies, site transfers are not common and additionally none of the central uCoz team work over the weekends. Thus my reason for waiting out the server block by your provider. And yes, the the server being blocked is currently the main server for site creation.

As to this issue which has now snowballed considerably, your original site unfortunately cannot now be restored by our technical division. Our support team are able to help you with the use of the backup to restore your site to the degree of which it functions. If you have any further queries please post them in this thread.

In regards to accessing your site, use ToR. It is a free web browser which is proxy-based. You can login and run page scripts through it as necessary. wink

Random260

Message # 42 | 8:27 AM
... Sigh... My site is dead i cant make another one... I am screwed going to another website provider with a forum and backup cry

Added (2013-04-22, 2:27 AM)
Could you transfer my be.ucoz.com to random260.ucoz.com i found a website that works for me

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 43 | 8:31 AM
Random260, to begin with, you need to read my replies, and when I say that I mean read them. Stop skimming over them. By ignoring/skimming over requests you are making our jobs more difficult.

Your previous site is now dead, yes. Your new site however can be restored to a functioning capacity using the backup. You will simply need to let your users re-register on the new site and setup their accounts again.

And as I have repeated however many times, use ToR to access your sites, Google it. It's predominantly secure and as long as you remember to log out the session will be terminated. Additionally depending on your security settings the previous session will be terminated when you next login to the control panel if in case you have forgotten.

Random260

Message # 44 | 8:33 AM
i just want to change domain name to my old domain name
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 45 | 8:36 AM
Quote (Paradox)
we have our own internal policies, site transfers are not common

This also applies to domain transfers, these are even more uncommon - to the degree that I've never seen one.

Quote (Paradox)
And as I have repeated however many times, use ToR to access your sites, Google it. It's predominantly secure and as long as you remember to log out the session will be terminated. Additionally depending on your security settings the previous session will be terminated when you next login to the control panel if in case you have forgotten.

Quote (Paradox)
This problem is iiNet's problem unfortunately and we are considerably restricted in our actions. If the provider has a support forum I'd advise you create a thread there as well to speed this process along.

uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » My site is down
Search: