• Page 3 of 3
  • «
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Backup (how to create a backup copy of your site)
Backup
Sunny

Message # 1 | 11:27 AM
  • Backup of your data helps to protect your website from accidental or deliberate deletion of modules (by you or someone who has access to the Control Panel).
  • A backup copy includes the data of all content modules and all uploaded files. It doesn't include module settings and templates (including global blocks), as well as pages of the "Page Editor" module, settings of the "E-mail Forms" module, statistic data of the "Statistics" module, users' private messages.
  • You can create backup copies not more often than once per seven days.
  • After you have created a backup copy, its size will be added to the amount of the occupied disk space, so if your website occupies more than 50% your disk quota will be exceeded and you won't be able to update your website. That's why we recommend that you download a created backup copy to your computer and remove it from the server.
  • If you are an experienced user and follow elementary security requirements (don't give your password to anyone, log in to the Control Panel from your own computer only, get e-mail by means of POP3 protocol etc.), it is not necessary to create a backup copy.

To restore data from a backup copy you must contact Technical Support via your Control Panel.

You can create backup copies from 00 a.m. till 09 a.m. only (server time).

If you remove a backup copy via Control Panel the disk space is recounted immediately.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 31 | 9:00 AM
tgf, unfortunately no. That's why it is important to make backups regularly.
Expert1510

Message # 32 | 10:20 PM
Can I create a backup copy of my current site, delete the site, create another site under ucoz and use that restoration of files on my new one?
Sunny

Message # 33 | 10:33 AM
Expert1510, I've already replied in the other thread. In general it is possible, but each case is considered separately.
EMINEM1817

Message # 34 | 12:45 PM
My backup size 80MB.... Do I have to pay a premium for uplpad backup ? :-/

Added (2012-09-29, 6:45 AM)
---------------------------------------------
My site was hacked by Albanians ... are there High to protect and recover the site?
I have a backup site, but is almost 80MB so I can not upload ... Are there ways to return to the site or have to pay the premium package?

http://www.BollywoodSrbija.com
Sunny

Message # 35 | 11:13 AM
EMINEM1817, please contact Tech. Support via your website Control Panel concerning backup restoration.
cyberworlds

Message # 36 | 1:01 AM
how to backup my article post to another site??
Xayaan

Message # 37 | 7:45 AM
cyberworlds, What platform is the other site hosted on? Blogger or another uCoz website?
My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
sicklon

Message # 38 | 6:03 AM
How do I upload a data backup?
Max 15 MB?

Attachments: 6734005.png (144.8 Kb)
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 39 | 7:41 AM
sicklon, please, contact the Technical Support via your website Control Panel and send the following details:
  • The backup archive itself;
  • The website where you want to upload the backup to;
  • The reason of why you want to upload the backup to your site (e.g.: Changing website URL, etc.).

Please, note that clone websites are not allowed by the uCoz terms.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
sicklon

Message # 40 | 12:53 PM
Quote bigblog ()
sicklon, please, contact the Technical Support via your website Control Panel and send the following details:

The backup archive itself;
The website where you want to upload the backup to;
The reason of why you want to upload the backup to your site (e.g.: Changing website URL, etc.).

Please, note that clone websites are not allowed by the uCoz terms.
Screenwriter, author. Support guy & translator at uCoz. I'd like to be a tree. Your potato is not safe anymore. Call me Joe or bigblog (the latter one's preferred here). Starlight watches you. She now knows I lost my chicken.

bigblog, I've been sent to Technical Support via the website Control Panel.

Now I want the backup process but always can not. this why?

Attachments: 4878283.png (7.7 Kb) · 7347880.png (28.7 Kb)
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 41 | 7:22 AM
sicklon, we have sent you a reply to your support ticket.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Backup (how to create a backup copy of your site)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: