uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Backup (how to create a backup copy of your site)
Backup
Sunny

Message # 1 | 11:27 AM
  • Backup of your data helps to protect your website from accidental or deliberate deletion of modules (by you or someone who has access to the Control Panel).
  • A backup copy includes the data of all content modules and all uploaded files. It doesn't include module settings and templates (including global blocks), as well as pages of the "Page Editor" module, settings of the "E-mail Forms" module, statistic data of the "Statistics" module, users' private messages.
  • You can create backup copies not more often than once per seven days.
  • After you have created a backup copy, its size will be added to the amount of the occupied disk space, so if your website occupies more than 50% your disk quota will be exceeded and you won't be able to update your website. That's why we recommend that you download a created backup copy to your computer and remove it from the server.
  • If you are an experienced user and follow elementary security requirements (don't give your password to anyone, log in to the Control Panel from your own computer only, get e-mail by means of POP3 protocol etc.), it is not necessary to create a backup copy.

To restore data from a backup copy you must contact Technical Support via your Control Panel.

You can create backup copies from 00 a.m. till 09 a.m. only (server time).

If you remove a backup copy via Control Panel the disk space is recounted immediately.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 16 | 9:47 AM
I have a question this backup copy will transfer all of my members . with reputation, all forum threads etc. ?
And "Your project occupies more than 75% of disk space, so you cannot make a backup copy!"
If i buy 800 mg for 3 $ i will be able to create a backup copy ? happy

It is possible to create another site with this backup with same members ? dry

This site does not support Internet Explorer.
Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
Natashko

Message # 17 | 3:57 PM
adytzu1_vl01,
Quote (adytzu1_vl01)
will transfer all of my members . with reputation, all forum threads etc.

Yes
Quote (adytzu1_vl01)
Your project occupies more than 75% of disk space, so you cannot make a backup copy!"
If i buy 800 mg for 3 $ i will be able to create a backup copy

Yes. Or you may delete some files and decrease the disk space.
Quote (adytzu1_vl01)
It is possible to create another site with this backup with same members

No. It is forbidden to create clone websites with uCoz web-services.
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 18 | 6:53 AM
but is possible to transfer all files from file catalog or other modules to another site smile
Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
Natashko

Message # 19 | 11:22 AM
adytzu1_vl01, it can be done with the help of a backup copy. But when you will ask for one, you will need to provide reasons why you need this to be done. As I said, cloning is prohibited.
adytzu1_vl01

Message # 20 | 7:43 AM
I am not cloning I copy the files to another site and delete the original wink
Join me All-Stars.ro
With uCoz since 2009
Kyrt_Ryder

Message # 21 | 2:06 PM
Sorry for the bump, but this is a situation I'm likely to about to encounter. I'm strongly contemplating purchasing a custom domain name, and the name I intend to purchase would clash with the name of my current Ucoz Website were I to add it directly (part of the old site name/url is in the Domain Name.) Therefore, if I do this I'll need to use the 'backup then transfer' method onto a new site, and I'm wondering if someone who knows how that works could advise me.
Natashko

Message # 22 | 3:20 PM
Kyrt_Ryder, I am not sure i understand you. If you want to buy a domain name all you need is to attach it to your ucoz website. See more about attaching a domain name here http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/37-435-1 And all the questions about domain attachment should be discussed in that thread.
If you have any further questions about project backup - be more specific.
Kyrt_Ryder

Message # 23 | 9:04 PM
I've read that thread (although another read-through certainly can't hurt, so I'll go do that momentarily) and it's irrelevant to my question.

In my case... lets say that my site was.... fightinggamereviews.ucoz.com (I realize that doesn't fit the Ucoz url character limit, but it's just an example.) If I wanted to purchase and attach the name 'gamereviews.com' then the domain and part of the existing url would be redundant. I would want to use that transfer method so I could have all my current content at a site named... (fightercritiques).ucoz.com and then I'd attach the new domain name, and it would become fightercritiques.gamereviews.com.

I hope that has helped clarify my issue, and if I've misunderstood anything about the process please by all means correct me.

Post edited by Kyrt_Ryder - Wednesday, 2011-02-09, 3:29 AM
Natashko

Message # 24 | 12:56 PM
Kyrt_Ryder, ok. So if you have a website fightinggamereviews.ucoz.com at uCoz you can buy a domain name 'gamereviews.com' from any domain registrar you want. Then you attach the domain 'gamereviews.com' to fightinggamereviews.ucoz.com and your uCoz website can be accessible under both addresses (fightinggamereviews.ucoz.com and 'gamereviews.com) The content is not transferred. It is hosted with uCoz and is available under both domain names. That is why I do not understan this part
Quote (Kyrt_Ryder)
then the domain and part of the existing url would be redundant

And how is fightercritiques.gamereviews.com. connected to the described above situation?
Mugen_Boy

Message # 25 | 6:50 AM
I was wondering, does it create a backup of the forum too?
AnimationShop.uCoz
Natashko

Message # 26 | 9:39 AM
Mugen_Boy,
Quote (Mugen_Boy)
I was wondering, does it create a backup of the forum too?

Yes. A backup copy contains data of all content modules (database dumps) and all uploaded files (if you create a full copy). A backup copy doesn't contain module settings and templates (templates backup), data of "Statistics" module, private messages of site users.
DEEPKG

Message # 27 | 5:07 AM
I am not unable to restore file from restoration process getting error :"The feature is not enabled. Contact Technical Support." dry
I Try to help. U can Try to give Rep ++ For my try :P
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 28 | 11:41 AM
DEEPKG, to restore your site do as the message has instructed you. Contact Tech Support, there is no way around this wink
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
DEEPKG

Message # 29 | 3:31 PM
Paradox, Thanks biggrin
I Try to help. U can Try to give Rep ++ For my try :P
tgf

Message # 30 | 3:36 PM
If I accidentally remove/damage the page, and there is no project backup, can UCoz restore the page?
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Account Management » Backup (how to create a backup copy of your site)
Search: